• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Deeply disappointed with the online performance...

User Info: ForteEXE3850

ForteEXE3850
1 week ago#11
gamester091 posted...
90% of people play on wifi

fighting games require peak netcode

Stop blaming people playing on wifi when other modern fighters have to deal with the same thing and don't suffer nearly as badly from it as Nintendo does with Smash.

The issue is Nintendo's to fix, because you can't just force everyone to have good internet and sit next to their router.
Mwahahahaha.

User Info: IamNori

IamNori
1 week ago#12
gamester091 posted...

I play Tekken 7 on Wi-Fi, and all of my matches were smooth. You are right in that fighting games demand good netcode.

Ultimate just isn't one of those games. You'll have to rely on solid connection on both ends to get the best results. It doesn't help that Ethernet connection is only achievable with a separate accessory.
FFBE Global - ID: 439759934; Official Nyx of the Brave Exvius board
Official Pit of the SmUsh board

User Info: gamester091

gamester091
1 week ago#13
ForteEXE3850 posted...
gamester091 posted...

Stop blaming people playing on wifi when other modern fighters have to deal with the same thing and don't suffer nearly as badly from it as Nintendo does with Smash.

The issue is Nintendo's to fix, because you can't just force everyone to have good internet and sit next to their router.

never said it wasnt nintendos fault. hell, the fact most people play wifi is their fault for not having built in ethernet support on their system. thats why so many people play wifi

and if you say other fighters dont suffer as bad from wifi, you clearly must not play other fighters. You can straight up tell when someone is on wifi
That's like filling your house with bears and then since the bears are a problem, filling it with tigers to fight them. -Faust_8

User Info: Dalkin

Dalkin
1 week ago#14
I’m of the mind that if someone is lagging, how it should be handled is that the player with the good connection is able to play the game at its normal speed... and that their match won’t be throttled by the lagging player. After losing a few rounds of that, the person on the potato connection will hopefully get the point and either fix it or not play online anymore.
-This post is in no way shape or form a TOS violation-

User Info: DarkDoc

DarkDoc
1 week ago#15
Unexpected128 posted...
Yeah, the online is plagued with people with potato internet.

And the thing is that most people don't even know their connection sucks

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/189706-nintendo-switch/77284391

User Info: ForteEXE3850

ForteEXE3850
1 week ago#16
gamester091 posted...
ForteEXE3850 posted...
gamester091 posted...

never said it wasnt nintendos fault. hell, the fact most people play wifi is their fault for not having built in ethernet support on their system. thats why so many people play wifi

and if you say other fighters dont suffer as bad from wifi, you clearly must not play other fighters. You can straight up tell when someone is on wifi

You can tell when a game is lagging, but usually not the reason for it, of which there could be multiple causes.
Mwahahahaha.

User Info: doomedtacox

doomedtacox
1 week ago#17
The online is awesome. Get a LAN adapter. Some of my matches feel pretty much like local play.

User Info: MetaFalconPunch

MetaFalconPunch
1 week ago#18
I can’t be the only one who thinks that people who use the word “disappointed” think they have a lot of self-importance right?
Born too late to explore Earth, born too early to explore space. Born just in time to explore the wondrous and terrifying depths of the internet.

User Info: Unexpected128

Unexpected128
1 week ago#19
Dalkin posted...
I’m of the mind that if someone is lagging, how it should be handled is that the player with the good connection is able to play the game at its normal speed... and that their match won’t be throttled by the lagging player. After losing a few rounds of that, the person on the potato connection will hopefully get the point and either fix it or not play online anymore.

The game is peer to peer, so I think it's impossible for the lag to work that way. It has to synchronize absolutely everything between the players.
Banjo & Kazooie and Chibi-Robo for Smash!

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
1 week ago#20
Online performance topic #847
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Deeply disappointed with the online performance...
  • Topic Archived