• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Why did nobody consider Decidueye as a Greninja echo?

User Info: DoomDesired2

DoomDesired2
1 week ago#11
Lord__Xander posted...
DoomDesired2 posted...
Lord__Xander posted...
DoomDesired2 posted...
okayokayokay posted...
Because even among echoes that's stretching it a little too far.

If Greninja stood up straight, then not really.

His shurikens are slower than his arrows would be and would have different hit boxes.
Side and down special don't make sense because he is an archer, not a ninja

You have a point with the arrows.

Side and down special works completely fine. Its not the fact that Decidueye isn't a ninja, its that they learn Shadow Sneak and Substitute in the games, so its plausible that they are able to use the moves.

Pikachu uses thunderjolt, a move that isn't even in the games. The moves the Pokemon use are chosen based on who the Pokemon is and not what moves they learn in the game

I was just proposing Decidueye being an echo fighter. If they were to be their own character, then they would obviously have unique moves, but in this scenario that I am trying to make Decidueye an echo, Shadow Sneak and Substitute are completely plausible additions to the moveset.
sHiNy sWoRd mY dIaMoNd

User Info: Duwangboi

Duwangboi
1 week ago#12
@DrinkDepresso posted...
@DuwangBoi why

Because this question is so stupid it deserved this.
What the general public of these boards think of me. https://i.imgtc.com/ynnWI1b.jpg
(message deleted)

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
1 week ago#14
I hope the mods are awake...

As for the actual question:

DoomDesired2 posted...
okayokayokay posted...

If Greninja stood up straight (by default, not for specific moves and poses) then he would not be Greninja. If Decidueye was hunched over in a three-point stand... well, he couldn't, as he's just not built like that. There really is no way that Greninja's moveset and animations would work on Decidueye, and no reason to change Greninja's existing moveset and animations to make him more Decidueye-like.
Creator of Jay's Journey, including Jay's Journey Reimagined/Jay's Journey 2: Worlds Apart!
https://jaysjourney2016.wordpress.com/

User Info: Gametronics

Gametronics
1 week ago#15
Because people wanted Incineroar to be desperately in the game for a long time now.

User Info: Cylun

Cylun
1 week ago#16
It's not just the height. Toon Link and Mario have basically the same height and a similar build overall,but even then they have different proportions. Swordless Toon Link would not really work as an Echo Fighter of Mario. All of the Echo Fighters in smash ultimate have virtually identical models to the base character, but Decidueye just has too many differences from Greninja.
Canas123:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ninja Plague:(re: canas 123)I find your lack of faith disturbing

DoomDesired2
1 week ago#17
jayman7 posted...
I hope the mods are awake...

As for the actual question:

DoomDesired2 posted...
okayokayokay posted...

If Greninja stood up straight (by default, not for specific moves and poses) then he would not be Greninja. If Decidueye was hunched over in a three-point stand... well, he couldn't, as he's just not built like that. There really is no way that Greninja's moveset and animations would work on Decidueye, and no reason to change Greninja's existing moveset and animations to make him more Decidueye-like.

What I was saying was entirely hypothetical. If Greninja stood up straight like he did in the anime, the concept would be more plausible, but he won't because its against the ninja stereotype that Greninja is going for. I'm also not saying Greninja should stand up or Decidueye bend down, just that their moveset could potentially share many similarities if they were of similar properties.
sHiNy sWoRd mY dIaMoNd

User Info: Chaos-15

Chaos-15
1 week ago#18
If Specials were the only thing characters had.
Accept Madoka as your new God.

User Info: epik_fail1

epik_fail1
1 week ago#19
That is one of the weirdest echo suggestion I have ever seen.
Primrose for smash

DoomDesired2
1 week ago#20
epik_fail1 posted...
That is one of the weirdest echo suggestion I have ever seen.

IDK why I'm the only one who can see this happening. If Decidueye was a character, they'd use Greninja's body as a base anyway no doubt.
sHiNy sWoRd mY dIaMoNd
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Why did nobody consider Decidueye as a Greninja echo?
  • Topic Archived