• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. What set of rules are the best when using assist trophies?

User Info: jcgonzmo

jcgonzmo
1 week ago#1
The objective is that one can use assist trophies without the match becoming total chaos.

User Info: DOTBHDD

DOTBHDD
1 week ago#2
Not doing it
Please localize Mother 3 and Panel de Pon!

User Info: Cristaran

Cristaran
1 week ago#3
In my opinion, 3 stocks, low items, no time, turn based stage selection, no FS meter. That way there will not be like, 10 assists in a row, but just enough to kill them and move to the rest. 3 stocks so the match lasts a little longer, because some assists kill too early.
Reimu Hakurei for Smash!

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
1 week ago#4
Total chaos is fun, though.

Anyway, I think only 2 ATs can be on screen at once, and unless they're the only item, they're not that common.

I guess the only way the mode matters is if you're using time, players can KO them for points. That said, unlike previous games, they're now vulnerable to grabs and status effects (like freeze) so they're really not that bad, with a few exceptions.
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi

User Info: Timic83

Timic83
1 week ago#5
If playing teams turn off Team Attack, or the assist trophies will attack teammates.

User Info: DragonoSterling

DragonoSterling
1 week ago#6
I honestly think for ATs you're best of with a time battle. After all, not only do the ATs now count for points, but the core appeal of the time battle is that nobody is knocked out permanently, and since ATs can inherently feel a little unfair, a time battle keeps the vibes good.
(message deleted)

User Info: jcgonzmo

jcgonzmo
1 week ago#8
Cristaran posted...
In my opinion, 3 stocks, low items, no time, turn based stage selection, no FS meter. That way there will not be like, 10 assists in a row, but just enough to kill them and move to the rest. 3 stocks so the match lasts a little longer, because some assists kill too early.

Depending on the time of match, it is always better to alter the rules:
1) 1 vs 1 no weapons - 7 Min with or without dangers in the level
2) With Items no assist - Similar
3) With assist on an items - apparently 3 stock, low items.

FS meter always off.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
1 week ago#9
Timic83 posted...
If playing teams turn off Team Attack, or the assist trophies will attack teammates.

LOL
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. What set of rules are the best when using assist trophies?
  • Topic Archived