• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Why is Xenoblade 2 so popular?

User Info: TheMindGamer

TheMindGamer
2 months ago#41
If we got an XC2 character, I would want Tora. He's got three predefined blades to use for a blade-switch mechanic each with distinct weapons. He's not a generic anime swordsman having more in common with metaknight than marth. Being a tank is a good excuse to give us a small heavyweight, and nopon are basically xenoblade's moogle.
http://archiveofourown.org/users/TheMindGamer
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l290/TheMindGamer/Thespinnerisawesome.jpg

User Info: NinoTheSage

NinoTheSage
2 months ago#42
Archwing3441 posted...
Smurf86 posted...
TheMindGamer posted...
Gameplay opens up after chapter 3 concludes.

I think the story starts falling apart around chapter 8.

This.

And I don't think the gameplay is anything to write home about either. I felt it got worse as time went on.

Sort of curious, why do you think that?

Not Smurf86, but I think I can answer this. Once Mythra gets Lightspeed Flurry to a good level, the entire main game can be beaten by Rex and spamming two buttons with her. Most of the game's deeper mechanics are not always explained well and don't see much use outside of optional bosses.

The main game, for me, boiled down to "get 4+ color orbs and chain attack" and "driver combo with just Rex if farming items".

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
2 months ago#43
MonoNopon posted...
Why don't you ask that in the Xenoblade 2 or Nintendo Switch boards? This is a Super Smash Bros board to discuss Super Smash Bros Ultimate, not other games.

So, reported for off-topic posting.

Why even ask the switch board? That should be for games that don't have their own board, or peripherals etc.

Good luck getting the mods to enforce their own rules though. Someone made a thread on this very board asking for pokemon natures and it never even got closed.
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi

User Info: robertman2

robertman2
2 months ago#44
DuranmanX4 posted...
skimpy underaged anime girls

the main character has double Ds

piss easy to play

boring anime plot revolving around the power of friendship

biggest Nintendo RPG on the Switch

User Info: Smurf86

Smurf86
2 months ago#45
NinoTheSage posted...
Archwing3441 posted...
Smurf86 posted...
TheMindGamer posted...
Gameplay opens up after chapter 3 concludes.

I think the story starts falling apart around chapter 8.

This.

And I don't think the gameplay is anything to write home about either. I felt it got worse as time went on.

Sort of curious, why do you think that?

Not Smurf86, but I think I can answer this. Once Mythra gets Lightspeed Flurry to a good level, the entire main game can be beaten by Rex and spamming two buttons with her. Most of the game's deeper mechanics are not always explained well and don't see much use outside of optional bosses.

The main game, for me, boiled down to "get 4+ color orbs and chain attack" and "driver combo with just Rex if farming items".

Wow, this is really one of the things I was getting at. And even later once you get Master Driver thingie where Pyra/Mythra are powered up which was like, Chapter 8/9 I think? You can only do it once a battle, but it was still so busted that you didn't need to actually try.

Xenoblade X is my favorite and it's by no means amazing either. I'd gladly buy a Switch version with certain things addressed for that game.

User Info: Number090684

Number090684
2 months ago#46
Anime t*** and ass.
US N Switch "Number" FC SW-3804-3177-9797
US PS3 / PS4 / PS Vita PSN: Number090684

User Info: LightEmperor

LightEmperor
2 months ago#47
I want Rex in Smash because the blade system essentially makes him Pokemon Trainer with 3 different move sets to choose from. He could be generic anime swordsman, or a gunner, or a scythe user, or an axe berserker, or a brawler.

I wouldn't really want him if he only wielded Pyra. It would make him a Roy with a grappling hook.

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
2 months ago#48
LightEmperor posted...
I wouldn't really want him if he only wielded Pyra. It would make him a Roy with a grappling hook.

you know that's all they would do

at best he might be able to switch to Mythra
Retail PS4, VITA, Wii U, 3DS and Switch games (2013-2018):
https://i.imgur.com/vPM5YTU.jpg https://i.imgur.com/Lhh37vL.jpg https://i.imgur.com/QIzEm7d.jpg

User Info: Prinny_dood

Prinny_dood
2 months ago#49
Waifus
Holy crap, dood!

User Info: blissfuldissona

blissfuldissona
2 months ago#50
Banjo2553 posted...
JayO2 posted...
Yeah, I just don't get why people wanted him in.
I just don't see him being that good of a character :/

I'd rather want someone from Xenoblade X, imo.
couldnt get past the awful music to playit much
-Official Scorpion of Super Smash Brothers Ultimate-
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Why is Xenoblade 2 so popular?
  • Topic Archived