• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Why is Xenoblade 2 so popular?

User Info: Archwing3441

Archwing3441
2 months ago#31
It’s a lot better game than it looks and the beginning doesn’t do a good job hooking you (I would say the battle doesn’t feel good to play until you have 3 blades in combat and replaced tora). Despite being a jrpg, there is a lot to explore that looks interesting (smaller than open world games but more content in it). The world is fairly interesting, although I do admit that story telling isn’t that great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KztZmZDNCVg

User Info: GreatAegis

GreatAegis
2 months ago#32
It gives a pretty bad first impression though with how much generic shonen BS gets shoehorned into the first few chapters, though.

I would say the first 4 chapters are the worst in the game filled with too much Anime tropes but once you reach chapter 5, it drops most of the Anime tropes and begins to act like an actual Xenoblade game. Though chapter 4 is infamously hated due to the pointless Gormotti detour it takes serving nothing to the narrative.
Xenoblade 2 - NieR Automata - Dragon Quest XI > Best JRPGs of the generation

User Info: Squidiot

Squidiot
2 months ago#33
GreatAegis posted...
It gives a pretty bad first impression though with how much generic shonen BS gets shoehorned into the first few chapters, though.

I would say the first 4 chapters are the worst in the game filled with too much Anime tropes but once you reach chapter 5, it drops most of the Anime tropes and begins to act like an actual Xenoblade game.

The ending is worth the wait too. Final 3 chapters are insane.
Switch FC: 3443-8104-0243

User Info: Mudkip_in_Space

Mudkip_in_Space
2 months ago#34
Yeah, I was super disatisfied with Xenoblade 2 until Mòrag joined and three Blades were unlocked. From there, everything clicked.
You'll never see it coming! 12/6/18 - Joker is in Smash!
Fighter Pass wishlist - 2B, Sans, Yuri Lowell, and Rex

User Info: TheMindGamer

TheMindGamer
2 months ago#35
Gameplay opens up after chapter 3 concludes.

I think the story starts falling apart around chapter 8.
http://archiveofourown.org/users/TheMindGamer
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l290/TheMindGamer/Thespinnerisawesome.jpg

User Info: LeonMitarashi

LeonMitarashi
2 months ago#36
JayO2 posted...
LeonMitarashi posted...
MonoNopon posted...
Why don't you ask that in the Xenoblade 2 or Nintendo Switch boards? This is a Super Smash Bros board to discuss Super Smash Bros Ultimate, not other games.

So reported for off-topic posting.

I dare to say he did it because he must have seen too many "I want Rex in Smash" topics here, which would make a lot of sense.

Yeah, I just don't get why people wanted him in.
I just don't see him being that good of a character :/

Actually I support Rex's inclusion, I just don't post it here every now and then.
Mega Man is having a slow, yet glorious return. F-Zero will hopefully have the same fate one day.

User Info: NinoTheSage

NinoTheSage
2 months ago#37
Xenoblade 2 does have an interesting story past the halfway mark, as many have mentioned. Once you find out Pyra's true reason for seeking Elysium, the entire game takes a much different turn and starts to live up to its predecessor's legacy.

That's not saying anything positive about Rex's character, as I believe he (like Vaan in FF12) is the biggest blemish on the entire game. He IS a generic naive shonen protagonist, including in Chapter 7 when the story hits a major climax, and persisting even at Chapter 10 when the story gets good. It's telling that some of the best emotional moments in the game - Pyra and Brigid's discussion about a blade's memories in Chapter 5, Jin's entire backstory, Amalthus's philosophy, Zeke, Brigid and Poppy's talk about the nature of humanity in Chapter 8, and others - are ones he's absent from, since it allows the game's far superior side characters to shine.

Xenoblade 2 is Pyra/Mithra's story. However, even if Rex is a trash MC, he is the MC nonetheless, so people would naturally want him in the game.

(I would rather Pyra/Mithra with Addam, personally.)

User Info: Smurf86

Smurf86
2 months ago#38
TheMindGamer posted...

This.

And I don't think the gameplay is anything to write home about either. I felt it got worse as time went on.

User Info: Squidiot

Squidiot
2 months ago#39
Jin and Lora would be an amazing addition too
Switch FC: 3443-8104-0243

User Info: Archwing3441

Archwing3441
2 months ago#40
Smurf86 posted...
TheMindGamer posted...

This.

And I don't think the gameplay is anything to write home about either. I felt it got worse as time went on.

Sort of curious, why do you think that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KztZmZDNCVg
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Why is Xenoblade 2 so popular?
  • Topic Archived