• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Why is Xenoblade 2 so popular?

User Info: Technickal1

Technickal1
1 week ago#21
-Switch JRPG released at a time they were almost nonexistent
-Got a lot of marketing from the Switch presentation to its own direct
-Won over many fans of the first game and Shulk in Smash who were disappointed with XCX
-Received a consistent string of free updates as well as a surprisingly ambitious expansion
-The few controversies that did surround it ended up contributing to the game's publicity in the long run
3DS FC: 0705-2213-8367
FE14 MC Address: 06522-09932-36503-79745

User Info: MonoNopon

MonoNopon
1 week ago#22
Squizzard posted...
MonoNopon posted...
Why don't you ask that in the Xenoblade 2 or Nintendo Switch boards? This is a Super Smash Bros board to discuss Super Smash Bros Ultimate, not other games.

So, reported for off-topic posting.

If this was a positive Xenoblade topic, you wouldn’t complain. Hmm...

Positive or Negative, this is not the Xenoblade 2 board so it shouldn't be discussed here. They have their own board to discuss about the game there.

User Info: Squidiot

Squidiot
1 week ago#23
People complain about his base outfit a ton but just look at this one.

https://i.imgtc.com/T728G9f.png
Switch FC: 3443-8104-0243
(message deleted)

User Info: JayO2

JayO2
1 week ago#25
MonoNopon posted...
Squizzard posted...
MonoNopon posted...
Why don't you ask that in the Xenoblade 2 or Nintendo Switch boards? This is a Super Smash Bros board to discuss Super Smash Bros Ultimate, not other games.

So, reported for off-topic posting.

If this was a positive Xenoblade topic, you wouldn’t complain. Hmm...

Positive or Negative, this is not the Xenoblade 2 board so it shouldn't be discussed here. They have their own board to discuss about the game there.

I was asking for the reason of why people want Rex in the game and why there's so much content from it in too (two mii costumes, several spirits)
Sorry I didn't make that known in the first post

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
1 week ago#26
skimpy underaged anime girls

the main character has double Ds

piss easy to play

boring anime plot revolving around the power of friendship

biggest Nintendo RPG on the Switch
Retail PS4, VITA, Wii U, 3DS and Switch games (2013-2018):
https://i.imgur.com/vPM5YTU.jpg https://i.imgur.com/Lhh37vL.jpg https://i.imgur.com/QIzEm7d.jpg

User Info: GreatAegis

GreatAegis
1 week ago#27
Squidiot posted...

Thats a major spoiler though.

But I do admit, it looks way better than his original design. The pants still look kinda stupid though but if Rex is ever added in Super Smash Bros Ultimate with that costume, then I hope Sakurai redesigns the pants to look alittle less stupid.
Xenoblade 2 - NieR Automata - Dragon Quest XI > Best JRPGs of the generation

User Info: JayO2

JayO2
1 week ago#28
GreatAegis posted...
Squidiot posted...

Thats a major spoiler though.

That's fine for me, I probably won't play it for a while.
I always found new game series hard af to get into from how much plot is in it and what's going on

User Info: Mudkip_in_Space

Mudkip_in_Space
1 week ago#29
Squidiot posted...

https://i.imgtc.com/T728G9f.png

It definitely matches Pneuma but I’m just not a fan. Rex’s salvager gear, while looking silly, still exudes his personality. This isn’t him.
You'll never see it coming! 12/6/18 - Joker is in Smash!
Fighter Pass wishlist - 2B, Sans, Yuri Lowell, and Rex

User Info: Nes_Mettaur

Nes_Mettaur
1 week ago#30
JayO2 posted...
I watched a morag boss fight and all you do is stand in one place and keep throwing slow moves and sword swings as the opponent's health slowly deteriorates.
That's how the combat system is (though it's more involved in later fights once your party has more gear), your party autoattacks and attacking charges up techniques called Arts- using Arts and timing them with your autoattacks builds up super moves that, when chained in a certain order, inflict debuffs that can be cashed in later for massive damage. It's pretty satisfying once you get the hang of it!

Story-wise... it takes a while but from Indoline Praetorium onwards the story becomes a worthy successor to the first game. It gives a pretty bad first impression though with how much generic shonen BS gets shoehorned into the first few chapters, though.

I'd recommend the first game to get into the series with, on that note! The story's engaging off the bat for that one, and the battle system there offers a bit more variety in what each character can do with their playstyle (since everyone has permanent access to 8 Arts at once there, unlike 2 where your Arts and even playstyle are determined by which of three weapons you're currently switched to during a fight and you have to switch between three sets of three mid-fight)
Official Dr. Mario of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Why is Xenoblade 2 so popular?
  • Topic Archived