• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Why is Xenoblade 2 so popular?

User Info: MonoNopon

MonoNopon
1 week ago#101
You know, some people complain how dumb Rex's design looks (just his pants) but theres a hell lot worse than his out there. Yeah, I admit the bottom part is dumb but its pretty tame for a JRPG.

This bottom image is what I would truly call one of the worst JRPG designs in history.

https://i.imgtc.com/sS0DoCd.png

User Info: okayokayokay

okayokayokay
1 week ago#102
Is that a pizza cutter?

MonoNopon
1 week ago#103
okayokayokay posted...
Is that a pizza cutter?

May as well be. The Pizza Cutter sword.

User Info: robertman2

robertman2
1 week ago#104
MonoNopon posted...
You know, some people complain how dumb Rex's design looks (just his pants) but theres a hell lot worse than his out there. Yeah, I admit the bottom part is dumb but its pretty tame for a JRPG.

This bottom image is what I would truly call one of the worst JRPG designs in history.

what is this from

User Info: empireoffire

empireoffire
1 week ago#105
MonoNopon posted...
okayokayokay posted...
Is that a pizza cutter?

May as well be. The Pizza Cutter sword.

It's not even anywhere to be found in-game.
size does not matter....weight does.
other aliases: gamefreak043, Cyborg-Kangaroo, Joe The Smurf

MonoNopon
1 week ago#106
robertman2 posted...
MonoNopon posted...

what is this from

I believe its from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: Grimoire of the Rift

User Info: LinkofEvil

LinkofEvil
1 week ago#107
MonoNopon posted...
robertman2 posted...
MonoNopon posted...

what is this from

The Final Fantasy TA part sounds perfectly alright but Grimoire of the Rift?

That sounds painfully Anime.

User Info: okayokayokay

okayokayokay
1 week ago#108
LinkofEvil posted...
MonoNopon posted...
robertman2 posted...
MonoNopon posted...

what is this from

The Final Fantasy TA part sounds perfectly alright but Grimoire of the Rift?

That sounds painfully Anime.

If you think that's bad take a look at some of the touhou subtitles.

User Info: Majarubi

Majarubi
1 week ago#109
Mainly Jin, Morag, and surprisingly Mythra made the game great for me. Really though, I'm surprised to see how many ppl complain about XC2, sure I hate Rex's design still and there are a few "anime" moments but overall the game ended up pretty great. I mean I get it if you dislike a few things about the game (like certain repeated enemy voice clips lol), but I'm wondering what kind of high podium of standards haters have set calling XC2 absolute trash... OST is amazing yet again, characters are well developed (better than some even in FF titles, I'll admit, main reason Xeno has overthrown the series years ago imo), the cutscenes were pretty well done, I still enjoy XC1 more but will definitely replay XC2 after some post game content.

Heck, the "expansion" is basically it's own game and even though it's short since it was originally planned DLC, easily one of my favorite RPGs of this generation. Makes me wonder if ppl realize how few good RPGs we really had in the last decade then after XC launched, we've been seeing a resurgence of some quality titles from multiple companies over the last few years. Monolith Soft have been doing phenomenal with the Xeno series, I can't wait to see what's next. Hoping for older protagonists next game in the series, or at least closer to the mix Xenosaga's cast had, otherwise just anticipating either XC3 or XCX2.
Best Genre: RPG
Best FF: IV=VI=VIII>X=XIII/XIII-2>VII=IX> VIICC=DoC>XIV>LR=X-2>XII>XI>Type0> CC=MQ>V>I=III>XV>II

User Info: Dyno98

Dyno98
1 week ago#110
Banjo2553 posted...
JayO2 posted...
Yeah, I just don't get why people wanted him in.
I just don't see him being that good of a character :/

I'd rather want someone from Xenoblade X, imo.
"All units, this is your commander Elma. Lets go!"
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Why is Xenoblade 2 so popular?
  • Topic Archived