You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. CYOA: Olimar's Alimony - Part 2: The Alimoning

User Info: Crimson_Squid

Crimson_Squid
2 weeks ago#1
The topic reached 500! Going to go ahead and summon all the posters from the previous topic:

@Yurari
@CheerUpCrewcut
@Colette-Brunel
@Tinfoil
@jkid101094
@Someguy1006
@Inf1ltrated_
@MrFuzz111

And with that out of the way, I'll get working on the next update.
Arbiter of Smash Discussion
Switch: 0172-3818-7998

User Info: Tinfoil

Tinfoil
2 weeks ago#2
okay, this is epic
(lost sig bet, remove april 1st 2019) SmashBurb

User Info: CheerUpCrewcut

CheerUpCrewcut
2 weeks ago#3
Woohoo!!!!

https://imgtc.com/i/sQ7LIsS.gif

This is me celebrating the return of this thing.

Hopefully Elise doesn't die.
Official Honey Dakimakura of Smashfaqs
Hi TalesofLizalfos, Josh, Tinfoil, Squidiot, Kooky, and Everyone else: https://i.imgtc.com/L92JJkm.png

Crimson_Squid
2 weeks ago#4
A. Agree to take Charlie.

Olimar nodded.

Xander frowned. "What's the matter? Are you some kind of mute?"

Olimar shook his head and started speaking in his own language, which few in the room were able to comprehend.

"I believe I have a spell that can take care of this," Leo said, muttering an incantation. "There. Try speaking now."

"Uh... okay." Olimar said.

"Whoa!" Falcon exclaimed. "The little dude can speak English!"

"No," said Leo. "It's just a low-level spell that can be used to communicate one's words on a universal level. It's nothing worth getting worked up about."

"Well, with that out of the way, we'd better be off." Xander commanded, leading the group out of the castle and into the courtyard. "We've got a long march ahead of us to the Hoshidan capital. King Garon thinks a smaller group will more effectively be able to infiltrate the city than a massive army that they'll be prepared to bolster their defenses against, so it's just us. Look lively and tread softly."

After days of marching across Nohr before sneaking into Hoshidan territory, the group came upon a small Hoshidan village. As they snuck by the village, they could see that it was overrun by massive, hulking ogre-like creatures in masks.

"What in blazes are those things?!" Cranky cried, readying his cane. "Want me to run in there and give them the spanking of their lives?"

"No! Quiet!" Xander whispered. "Those are Faceless! Those horrible monsters plague the land, roaming the countryside and posing a threat to anyone they come across. This Hoshidan hovel appears to have been overrun by them."

"So... have they... eaten all the villagers?" Olimar asked.

"Whether eating them or not, I can only assume they're killing the villagers." Xander said. "Come, let's move past quietly."

"But Xander!" Elise interjected. "What if there are survivors?! We have to help them!"

"They're Hoshidans, Elise." Leo reminded her.

"But they're just civilians!"

Xander held back a groan. "If we charge in there and save anyone, they'll see us and word could spread that Nohrians are not only in Hoshidan territory, but near the capital. Fighting them would be quite risky."

"Not only that," said Leo. "But something seems amiss here. There's something... off about the movement of those Faceless."

"Pleeeeeease, Xander!" Elise cried, once again turning to Olimar for support. "Mr. Olimar, don't you think we should try to help any survivors?"

A. Side with Xander and insist on moving along.
B. Side with Elise and insist on a full assault.
C. Side with Elise, but have the Nohrians hang back to avoid detection.

Pikmin

1. Red Pikmin x 5
2. Yellow Pikmin x 4
3. Blue Pikmin x 9
4. White Pikmin x 2
5. Rock Pikmin x 3
6. Winged Pikmin x 7
7. Bulbmin x 9

Inventory

8. Recording Device
9. Gun (Bullets x 5?

CheerUpCrewcut
2 weeks ago#5
C. Makes the most sense imo.
Hi TalesofLizalfos, Josh, Tinfoil, Squidiot, Kooky, and Everyone else: https://i.imgtc.com/L92JJkm.png

User Info: MrFuzz111

MrFuzz111
2 weeks ago#6
From an in character standpoint, Xander's got a good point. On the other hand, them acting strange means we may find something suspicious that can either help us figure out Charlie's being controlled and/or that what happened to Corrin is more complicated than either side realizes. So... C, I guess?
Still waiting on that Seiken Densetsu Collection to be localized. I'm not convinced it'll happen, but I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.

User Info: Colette-Brunel

Colette-Brunel
2 weeks ago#7
Congrats to making it to 500! ^^

I also vote C. I think it would also help build relations between all parties involved for Olimar's group. More trust they can gain the better of a position they could end up in down the road.

Crimson_Squid
2 weeks ago#8
C. Side with Elise, but have the Nohrians hang back to avoid detection.

"Why don't you let us handle this?" Olimar asked. "These villagers don't know who we are. You Nohrians can wait here so that nobody realizes Nohr has invaded Hoshido."

"An interesting proposal," Xander mused. "Very well. But be quick. Don't waste any time killing those things and getting back here. Try not to interact with any villagers if you can help it."

Olimar, K. Rool, Cranky, and Falcon looked at each other, nodded, and dashed forward.

"Should I...?" the President pondered. "Nah, I'll just supervise."

Falcon reached the village first, rocketing forward with unbelievable speed as he performed a Falcon Kick straight to the face of a Faceless. The creature bellowed in pain and fell over, unmoving.

"Huh." Falcon muttered. "Anticlimactic."

Cranky bounced across a few rooftops before homing in on a pair of Faceless that were standing around together. He leaped up and came crashing down with all his might upon the head of one, taking it out in one shot before proceeding to bash the head of the next until it stopped writhing.

K. Rool, having been allowed to wield Raijinto once again, stood in the village square with sword in hand. Five Faceless surrounded him. He shot lightning at three, taking them out in no time, before stabbing one in the chest and chopping off the head of another.

"This is almost too easy!" K. Rool laughed. "What pitiful resistance!"

"Unbelievable," Leo remarked, observing the spectacle from outside the village. "Now the Faceless are just running and hiding. They're not even fighting back. This is extremely odd."

Olimar, having been last to arrive on the scene, searched the village for Faceless, but was relieved to find that they seemed to be retreating. With the exception of one particular Faceless, which was barreling towards him at full speed and with arms raised, ready to strike. Olimar considered his options.

A. Fight. (See options below)
B. Flee.

Pikmin

1. Red Pikmin x 5
2. Yellow Pikmin x 4
3. Blue Pikmin x 9
4. White Pikmin x 2
5. Rock Pikmin x 3
6. Winged Pikmin x 7
7. Bulbmin x 9

Inventory

8. Recording Device
9. Gun (Bullets x 5?)
(edited 2 weeks ago)

CheerUpCrewcut
2 weeks ago#9
Dodge the oncoming attack, or B. After the enemy misses or passes Olimar or whatever, A. Throw Rock Pikmin.

User Info: MrFuzz111

MrFuzz111
2 weeks ago#10
Wait a second...
Oh crap, these aren't actually Faceless are they?
Still waiting on that Seiken Densetsu Collection to be localized. I'm not convinced it'll happen, but I wouldn't mind being proven wrong.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. CYOA: Olimar's Alimony - Part 2: The Alimoning