• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Sakurai said he wants this to be the last Smash game for at least 10 years

User Info: Cybersai

Cybersai
3 months ago#1
Could it really last 10 years? The longest gap previously was 7 years from Melee (2001), to Brawl (2008), and that 7 year gap was insanely long.

Could Ultimate last 10 years? Maybe a port with more newcomers?

User Info: DKLinks

DKLinks
3 months ago#2
Cybersai posted...
Could it really last 10 years? The longest gap previously was 7 years from Melee (2001), to Brawl (2008), and that 7 year gap was insanely long.

Could Ultimate last 10 years? Maybe a port with more newcomers?

Damn... I will be nearly 40 before another one comes out? Thanks for ruining my day TC =(
"Cowards live longer."
Official Young Link of the Smash Ultimate Board

User Info: SpaceDetective

SpaceDetective
3 months ago#3
Will the Switch even last ten years?
https://i.imgur.com/ebULMPv.png
Official Ashley of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board - I was wrong it was fake

User Info: AuroraUnit836

AuroraUnit836
3 months ago#4
sakurai says a lot of s***
woogity woogity woogity
ink me tf UP 1246-3783-6509

User Info: WebsandWigs

WebsandWigs
3 months ago#5
Add some more modes as DLC, like Homerun Derby, and I can see this game lasting that long
Hi

User Info: 1499

3 months ago#6
Citation needed.
Official Richter Belmont of the Smash Ultimate Board. https://i.imgtc.com/WG29OED.gif
Fool me once, strike one. But fool me TWICE... strike three.

User Info: CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer
3 months ago#7
AuroraUnit836 posted...
sakurai says a lot of s***
5* Lvl 40+10s: Micaiah, Laevatein, Laegjarn, Linde, Olwen, Ishtar, Odin, Lucius, Surtr, Ylgr, Tailtiu, Helbindi, Catria, Camilla, Ophelia, Lewyn, and 81 others.

User Info: T_Info

T_Info
3 months ago#8
This actually makes sense to me. For one, Nintendo has said they hope to support the Switch for 7-10 years. I could see them going the PS4 Pro/Xbox One X route and doing a semi-significant upgraded Switch in like 2021 to give the console another 3-4 years on shelves.

Throw in another round of Smash DLC and it’s semi-believable to me that we wouldn’t see a new Smash until 2028.

User Info: ssj_duelist

ssj_duelist
3 months ago#9
1499 posted...
Citation needed.
Playing:
PS4: Red Dead Redemption 2; Spyro Reignited Trilogy. N.Switch: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate; Bayonetta; Mega Man LC1. SNES: Star Fox

User Info: sovietprince08

sovietprince08
3 months ago#10
T_Info posted...
This actually makes sense to me. For one, Nintendo has said they hope to support the Switch for 7-10 years. I could see them going the PS4 Pro/Xbox One X route and doing a semi-significant upgraded Switch in like 2021 to give the console another 3-4 years on shelves.

Throw in another round of Smash DLC and it’s semi-believable to me that we wouldn’t see a new Smash until 2028.

they already have a updated switch coming next year
- a man chooses a slave obeys- Andrew Ryan
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Sakurai said he wants this to be the last Smash game for at least 10 years
  • Topic Archived