• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Why is there more complaining from Ultimate than there was from Smash 4?

User Info: Blue-Lemon-Z

Blue-Lemon-Z
1 month ago#1
I'm seeing more complaints about Ultimate than I did Smash 4. There were a lot of Smash 4 defenders. I disliked Smash 4, reasons being it was on a terrible console, the initial newcomers sucked, the website overhyped returning elements, and it was just kinda "better brawl".

Ultimate is even less original (since it's obviously Smash 4 upgraded), but there's just too many good improvements to hate on it. Ridley? K. Rool? Castlevania? All veterans? Fast? Good enough for me.
I'm being harassed by a toaster

User Info: Cybersai

Cybersai
1 month ago#2
Smash U got tons of hate, the single player, the 6 cuts, Wii Fit Trainer and Dark Pit, etc

User Info: Darkmoonchild08

Darkmoonchild08
1 month ago#3
Because smash 4 was a return to form, kinda after the tragedy that was brawl. This is less of a full on upgrade.

IMO this is probably the best smash tho

User Info: Itsuki_Aoi

Itsuki_Aoi
1 month ago#4
History shows that the better something is the more haters it has

See: Jesus

User Info: PlayableRidley

PlayableRidley
1 month ago#5
The gap between Brawl and Smash 4 was considerably longer than the gap between Smash 4 and Ultimate, especially since 4 had DLC prolonging it's lifespan.

People were more forgiving with 4 because they were just relieved to finally have a new Smash at all. With Ultimate, it doesn't feel like there was much of a gap at all, so people are more critical.

User Info: brodemmars

brodemmars
1 month ago#6
Because Sakurai can't please everyone and not everyone is worth pleasing.

User Info: CrimsonSmasher

CrimsonSmasher
1 month ago#7
Because Ultimate has worse single player and worse online, the two areas people thought 4 needed the most improvements in.

User Info: PlasmaCannon

PlasmaCannon
1 month ago#8
Blue-Lemon-Z posted...
the initial newcomers sucked

*topic list*
Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone.

User Info: Lueshis_Story

Lueshis_Story
1 month ago#9
CrimsonSmasher posted...
Because Ultimate has worse single player and worse online, the two areas people thought 4 needed the most improvements in.

Ultimate has the best Single player in any Smash game so far. Classic mode is actually unique and more interesting for the characters and World of Light’s gameplay is way better than Subspace Emissary.

Online has always been a problem for Smash, but it’s slowly getting better.
3DS Friend code: 0516:7728:4760

User Info: CrazyDiamondSP

CrazyDiamondSP
1 month ago#10
Because online legit blows ass and unlike 4 this one aint free

Also lots of remnants whining about their most wanted being deconfirmed hard for good.
Smash ultimate wishlist: Banjo&Kazooie and Sora as newcomers, funky kong as an echo.
Nonwanted characters: Geno, Kirito, Natsu, Naruto
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Why is there more complaining from Ultimate than there was from Smash 4?
  • Topic Archived