• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Smash ultimate is a 7/10 game

User Info: Banjo2553

Banjo2553
3 months ago#51
Fair criticisms tbh, but I think docking three whole points is a bit much. I'm enjoying World of Light but can see how it can get extremely repetitive (btw you unlock the ability to set menu music after beating that mode, I read) and I think to spice it up they should've let you play with another person for co-op. Some people say that after the first segment the mode gets way better, so maybe it should've been more like that rather than a bloated open map.

The missing modes are glaring, and while trophies being gone is kind of bizarre I actually like how they implemented Spirits here. Spirit Board is also essentially how I see the Special Orders now, which I did find fun too. Smash 4's quickplay setup for online was perfect, I dunno why they changed it. I love the arena battle concept though. I've wanted proper rooms in Smash for a while now and this is almost perfect. If only you could have multiple matches in the same room so not many people would be waiting to play, but eh.

But with all that, I find the game really fun to play and a lot of characters don't feel like crap to play, so that honestly dulls a lot of the criticisms I have with it.
Game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
Gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwVQm69J7bGScbv3_50C0dA

User Info: Megaman_Jolteon

Megaman_Jolteon
3 months ago#52
Wetterdew posted...
-The game is laden with inexplicably awful UX design problems.

Wow, this sicko literally tried to be sneaky and sneak in an Osama Bum Laden reference...
It's MegaJolt, thank you kindly. As of 2/26/16,"volt rodent the DLN-001" is also valid. Thx.
"Man, what a bunch of jokahs!" -Reyn ft. Pit

User Info: BlackSwordsaman

BlackSwordsaman
3 months ago#53
Megaman_Jolteon posted...
Wetterdew posted...

Wow, this sicko literally tried to be sneaky and sneak in an Osama Bum Laden reference...

Laden reference or not he's right.
Breath of the wild is the best Japanese game in 4 years.

Megaman_Jolteon
3 months ago#54
BlackSwordsaman posted...
Wetterdew posted...

Laden reference or not he's right.

He is...

...because this game is the best. 💣
It's MegaJolt, thank you kindly. As of 2/26/16,"volt rodent the DLN-001" is also valid. Thx.

User Info: CarbideTitan

CarbideTitan
3 months ago#55
Other than more characters, it doesn't beat Brawl or Melee for me.

8/10. It's No Skyrim.
PSN: CarbideTitan
Clips load magazines; Magazines load guns.

Megaman_Jolteon
3 months ago#56
@CarbideTitan posted...
8/10. It's No Skyrim.

>Smash Ultimate 8/10

>"it's no Skyrimjob."

Oh, so Smash is actually a blast to play. Nice!

User Info: CarbideTitan

CarbideTitan
3 months ago#57
@CarbideTitan posted...
8/10. It's No Skyrim.

>Smash Ultimate 8/10

>"it's no Skyrimjob."

Oh, so Smash is actually a blast to play. Nice!

Yeah, it's good, but probably not 35 million copies sold good.
PSN: CarbideTitan
Clips load magazines; Magazines load guns.

User Info: Wetterdew

Wetterdew
3 months ago#58
@Evenglare posted...
Cool story OP. I don't know what you want from me. Am I ... supposed to get mad and defend the game or something? Am I supposed to feel bad for buying it? Just go ahead and let me know what kind of attention you wanted here and I'll try and appease you.

I think the game is a solid 9/10 but its cool you don't think that way. Doesn't change the game one way or the other. Doesn't hinder my enjoyment of it. Perhaps your time would be better spend on a forum with a game you do enjoy? Im sure there's much more out there that would fit your gaming criteria more than ultimate.

What was the point of posting such a weirdly dismissive reply other than to try to crap on OP's opinion?

Stop pretending you don't understand the point of criticisms

Just because you don't like their opinion doesn't mean you should try to guilt them or post reassurance that you still like the game as if OP is desperately trying to convince you you don't. You come across as overly sensitive. 7/10 isn't even a bad score.
Touch fuzzy get dizzy.

User Info: Smiffwilm

Smiffwilm
3 months ago#59
No I'm pretty sure it was 12/7.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkQ5oARNxLU

User Info: lolhaxxor

lolhaxxor
3 months ago#60
BlackSwordsaman posted...
I explain with no bias why the game is a 7/10

- Clones are not fluff, they're literally characters that people like. People genuinely like Chrom, Dark Samus, etc.

- WoL being too long is subjective

- "Spirits are bad, they should just 3D model 1000+ characters"

- Spirits Board replaces Orders, and them being "one of the most fun" is very subjective. I hated them.

- I will give you that the Online sucks ass

- You can change the menu music if you beat WoL, and how is it so difficult to just go to the menu in the Vault and change the songs. You should do this before playing matches so you don't have to back out.

I still wouldn't give the game any higher than an 8, but nothing you said wasn't biased at some point, and that's not a bad thing we're human, we're going to have bias one way or the other it's called our opinions.
please help i am bees
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Smash ultimate is a 7/10 game
  • Topic Archived