• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Smash ultimate is a 7/10 game

User Info: BlackSwordsaman

BlackSwordsaman
3 months ago#1
Let's be real.

If this wasn't smash Bros and Nintendo this game would have gotten a 7/10 for the following.

Too many fluff and clone characters. Daisy, chrom, dark samus, dark pit ect are all fluff characters there only to boost up the roster number when we all know they all should be skins for whichever character their playstyle is based on.

World of light: story mode is average.

It's too long and bloated with unfair or just plain boring matches to justify sitting through. They should have just made a streamlined story mode the revolves around just fighting specific characters that pretain to a specific story event with a cutscene after every fight.

Spirits don't replace trophies or the trophy gallery. The spirits are just a lazy replacement for trophies because the devs don't wanna spend time making a 3d models anymore which is a shame because trophies to be placed in a viewable trophy gallery is way more satisfying to collect and battle for then a glorified sticker collection.

No special hand and crazy orders. Easily one of the most fun parts of smash 4 is gone and with no real successor or proper replacement.

Online has taken 3 steps back from smash 4.

Smash 4 was simple but straight to the point. You wanted to play for fun? Then click for fun? If you wanted a serious 1v1 then click for glory.

Easy done.

This obviously just made too much sense for Sakurai and team because they had to get rid of simple systems and replace them with obsolete and useless matchmaking modes. The issue with online wouldn't be so bad if the server actually waited all of 1 min to pair you against someone who has a very similar ruleset but instead will give up in .2 seconds and drop you into a free for all.

That's ranked.

And then the final bells and whistles.

This game lacks the quality of life enhancements of smash 4 such as being able to set the menu music. Changing the frequency of music tracks right on the stage select. Not taking you back to the character select after a match locking you in with whatever character you chose from the start ect.

All in all smash ultimate is certainly not a bad game and it's one we're all gonna get hundreds upon hundreds of hrs off of but we actually judge the game fairly this game really is a 7/10 and kinda a downgrade from smash 4 in terms of single player content, quality of life features and those bells and whistles.
Breath of the wild is the best Japanese game in 4 years.

User Info: trinthaita

trinthaita
3 months ago#2
just think of how much time you wasted on this

User Info: ZoneDrones

ZoneDrones
3 months ago#3
nah i like the game so much i'm gonna buy it for one of my school students for christmas. it's against the rules but i want more tags!
(message deleted)

User Info: trinthaita

trinthaita
3 months ago#5
BlackSwordsaman posted...
trinthaita posted...

Lol yeah I explain with no bias why the game is a 7/10 rather then blindly praise it when it has noticeable flaws compared to it's predecessor.

See I don't suck corporate nuts like you.

> says nothing at all about the game
> gets accused of sucking corporate balls

l o g i c

User Info: DKunderdog

DKunderdog
3 months ago#6
@BlackSwordsaman
No game is perfect but shouldn’t be complaining over little things and if you don’t like change then that own fault.

User Info: M_Live

M_Live
3 months ago#7
9/10 game

Could've used more trophies & better single player options, and the rush to the finish stage that everyone shares is pointless and terrible if we're being honest and actually detracts from the game, but the gameplay is so good and the roster is awesome and the plethora of stages, like it's just so overall solid af
http://soundcloud.com/marcostaz https://imgtc.com/i/49Esyve.gif
Seven Kilo Gold Chain

User Info: DK-BT

DK-BT
3 months ago#8
I definitely agree with a lot of what you said. Unfortunately, this game probably has the weakest single player to date. I don't have Nintendo Online, so I never find myself playing this game alone, despite how great the core gameplay is. Even with Nintendo Online, I'm not sure I'd play it that much, given how terrible I'm hearing it is.
Send me a PM if Banjo Kazooie is your favorite game franchise of all time.
Total PMs so far: 18

User Info: UndertaleFan278

UndertaleFan278
3 months ago#9
“But, it’s perfect more than anything else!”

User Info: RomanMack

RomanMack
3 months ago#10
BlackSwordsaman posted...
trinthaita posted...

Lol yeah I explain with no bias why the game is a 7/10 rather then blindly praise it when it has noticeable flaws compared to it's predecessor.

See I don't suck corporate nuts like you.

Lmfao lmao!

Get outta here, you hack.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Smash ultimate is a 7/10 game
  • Topic Archived