• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Characters you main and why?

User Info: terrabranford64

terrabranford64
3 months ago#1
Why do you main certain characters in any Smash game? For me:

Melee (I am a casual, not a hardcore player, also I was 10. Wtf's a tier list?):

Young link: He related to me. I was only 8 at the time so him being young like me got me into maining him

Mr. Game and Watch: Stick figure character and looked really freaky and weird. I also thought he was a hatless Mario. I ended up loving him way more than Mario.

Roy: "Roy's our boy" I kept hearing that on the Roblox forums so I tried him out and oh man was he amazing.

Pichu: I was a mad Pikachu main at first when I didn't have Melee for myself (I played over at a friend's house) but then my step dad's son came in and played Melee with me on a 1v1v1v1 battle featuring only Pokemon and he as Mewtwo won with me as Pichu only going last place. It was then on I wanted to train myself as Pichu for a good year. Nothing good came out of it lol

Brawl (my first Smash):

Mr. Game and Watch: Same as before except him being buffed compared to melee got me to only play as him and a certain other.

Toon Link: Same s*** as Young link, that and I loved Wind Waker. Since 2007, I was playing a lot of Zelda. Windwaker was my favorite.

Lucas:Not too fond of Ness AKA "Charlie Brown with a hat", but Lucas on the other hand, after playing Subspace emissary, I felt like I related to him and he was a down to earth character. Also he was a kid like I was when I was 8, which was the same reason I ended up maining Young Link. Afterwards I finished MOther 3 and oh my god the tears I had. This was the first ever game where I could say I cried really hard to. I really started to main Lucas then.

4:

Shulk: The very first character I picked up and mained. I dropped him after DLC. But afterwards I decided to play Xenoblade 3d and it was nice.

Mario: I liked how he had a lot of combos within his down throw so I picked him up.

Rosalina: I knew she was top tier and I knew I wanted to pick her up. SHe helped me get a 30% win rate. yeah.

Cloud: I simply enjoyed FF7.

Ultimate:

Pichu: I love him deeply. This whole love affair with Pichu started since 2012 so of course I ended up maining him He felt really good too, his self damage wasn't that bad either this time around and he felt heavier.

Mr. Game and Watch: I wasn't so sure if he was better or not compared to smash 4 I dropped him in 4 because he felt awful. Ultimate? His overhaul was a great idea.

Cloud: See Smash 4
I want Don-Chan and Rover in Smash. I wanna smash Don chan and Rover. Plain and simple.

User Info: PS4Warrior

PS4Warrior
3 months ago#2
Marth because i just started using him and don't feel like trying to main anyone else yet.
PS4 - Because it was the next gen console i was the most interested in.
Warrior - Because i usually pick the Warrior class in MMORPGs when i played them.

User Info: CheerUpCrewcut

CheerUpCrewcut
3 months ago#3
64: Ness and Pikachu because I had no one else

Melee: Ness, Ice Climbers, and Pichu. I enjoy their playstyles a fair bit for the latter two. The former was like s***tier Lucas so of course I used him. I also used Roy and Young Link a fair bit.

Brawl: Lucas is my favorite and I got better with him than I did anyone else.

Sm4sh: See Brawl. Also played Shulk, Roy and Ness a lot. I tried to use Alph/Olimar but I sucked ass. I mean I suck ass with Lucas too.

Ultimate: Do not own, plan to main Lucas, Shulk, Pichu, Chrom, and Icies.
TalesofLizalfos rejected me. At least I have Mortal Kombat 11! (kai better be in the f**king game)
Stolen 4chan gif https://imgtc.com/i/sQ7LIsS.gif

User Info: Deepest_Cut

Deepest_Cut
3 months ago#4
Cool story bro. Could have made your explanations a little more to the point. I Grew up with Various Nes and SNES games so mains never changed. And Only beat Galaxy 1

DK
Mario
Samus/D. Samus
Ness/Lucas
Young Link
Metaknight
Rosalina
Megaman
Ryu/Ken
K. Rool
PS4: Azteck9
Not changing until various Smash Ultimate assist trophies are playable. Dated on 11/1

User Info: Silver79

Silver79
3 months ago#5
Chrom cuz Chrom is awesome

Beyo is my fun character. She’s just fun to use.
You are standing on the surface of the Earth. You walk one mile South, one mile West, and one mile North. You are back to where you started. Where are you?

User Info: PavakaSword

PavakaSword
3 months ago#6
Melee: Marth
I honestly don't like melee as much as I do Project M, but if I had to choose Marth is the one can really bring from Project M to melee and play him almost the same.
Project M: DK
I loved playing as DK in Brawl and with the added mechanics I felt I was in control of DK with every move he did. Thund3rsreign had some influence on my pursuit in getting the best I can with him thanks to his title of greatest PM player making me believe truly any character can be good if you put your mind to it.

Brawl: Falco
I had a big debate with myself whether I was better with Falco or Wolf in this game but it's safe to say I played this character to death against Fox since my friend mained him.
Needless to say, I was the better player, still am

Smash 4: Cloud
He made me like the game as his moveset was fun and Roy unfortunately wasn't cutting it for me (Roy was the only reason I bought the Wii U but I stayed after buying Cloud)

Ultimate: DK
I made a thread on smash 4's board committing to main DK regardless how bad he was (which wasn't much of a gamble because I doubt they'd make him bad) but nevertheless here we are and I'm ready to play a good DK just as I did in Project M.
Tactics best the are tactics FEAR
I need to play with my weedle to make it kakuna and beedrill something

User Info: CardboardBox123

CardboardBox123
3 months ago#7
Snake because he's my father.
Why is a box sending messages?

User Info: Zinith

Zinith
3 months ago#8
Yoshi: Because Yoshi
I come up in unexpected places...
Official Yoshi and Boshi of the Smash Ultimate Board

User Info: Beers

Beers
3 months ago#9
Ganondorf, Incineroar, and Simon. When I get tired of being zoned and gimped, I switch to K Rool.
Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.

User Info: Milan_Warrior

Milan_Warrior
3 months ago#10
Ganondorf
3DS IGN : Hamani
FC : 5344-2096-3635
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Characters you main and why?
  • Topic Archived