• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: thenewjersey

thenewjersey
1 month ago#1
Fun? Good netcode?
She looks like a well-worn one
I can be one by one look a little word

User Info: Chaosguy6777

Chaosguy6777
1 month ago#2
thenewjersey posted...
Fun? Good netcode?

Maybe try reading the first page of this board....

Or maybe the other 100 posts about this topic

User Info: Yub93

Yub93
1 month ago#3
its horrible. basically 1 Player hosts the match. If that Player has a bad connection you play with a bad connection. Even worse if He gets disconnected you get disconnected as well. And if you do get disconnected you get a 30 min ban ( I got 1hr ban) Worst online ever
Currently playing: RDR2, Dragon Quest XI, Nier Automata, LGPE.

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
1 month ago#4
Netcode isn't great but it's passable, you can find matches where the connection is stable enough. The matchmaking system is...let's just call it sub-optimal to be nice
Meow!

Yub93
1 month ago#5
Panthera posted...
Netcode isn't great but it's passable, you can find matches where the connection is stable enough. The matchmaking system is...let's just call it sub-optimal to be nice

if you Call that passable and good enough xD
its more the time I spend waiting to get unbanned than the actual online matches

User Info: ffdgh

ffdgh
1 month ago#6
I'd say 90% of my matches are generally lag free for the most part.
Whatever

Yub93
1 month ago#7
ffdgh posted...

So do you get all good connection hosts? xD

User Info: ffdgh

ffdgh
1 month ago#8
Yub93 posted...
ffdgh posted...

So do you get all good connection hosts? xD

I suppose I'm lucky. I've rarely encountered unplayable connections between quickplay and 4 player areans.
Whatever

User Info: sockrox

sockrox
1 month ago#9
It's ok as far as lag. I lag maybe on 30% of my matches and even then.. it is usually just at the beginning.

User Info: FourManSeven

FourManSeven
1 month ago#10
Online itself is mediocre. The whole setup is a mess. It's legitimately awful for any remotely serious play.

Quickplay:
The preferred rule system is trash. Everything is ranked. You get forced into garbage 4p matches, despite wanting to play 1v1 no items. 4p matches lag more frequently, and have considerably more input lag than 1v1; items add more when they have pokeballs and assist trophies. You cannot change characters between matches.

Battle Arena:
No ranks. But still Laggy with input lag etc. But this system is also annoying to play with, as you have to move your little icon into a line. Change anything, even if you win, back of the line. But at least with friends it's tolerable.
  • Topic Archived