You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Compatibility guide for amiibo 2.0

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
3 months ago#11
Hejiru posted...
Strange that the AC cards don't work. I have a Digby card, and I know Digby is a spirit, but it just said not compatible.

Yeah, it's weird. Shadow Mewtwo isn't coded as Mewtwo, and the Mario Sports cards aren't coded as the appropriate characters, so they're not surprises. But the Isabelle card works (I don't collect the cards, but I've heard it from multiple sources), so why not the other AC cards?
Creator of Jay's Journey, including Jay's Journey Reimagined/Jay's Journey 2: Worlds Apart!
https://jaysjourney2016.wordpress.com/

User Info: LordBowser

LordBowser
3 months ago#12
Hejiru posted...
Strange that the AC cards don't work. I have a Digby card, and I know Digby is a spirit, but it just said not compatible.

It's either an oversight or... well, it's a tremendous amount of effort to arbitrarily include so many cards. Especially since not every character is listed in the first place. I don't truly even know how the cards work, though.
I am Lord Bowser, King of the Koopas! Bwahaha..
Playing Bowser on Mario Kart, and Noxus on Metroid Prime. I am not a cookie cutter!

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
3 months ago#13
Why isn't this in the pinned thread?
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi

User Info: slimane01

slimane01
3 months ago#14
Are you sure that detective Pikachu can't be used for FP ?

It's strange normally any variants ( current and future ) of fighters should work ... Except if Detective Pikachu aren't considered on is data like a Pikachu variant but as his own character.

To make it short every amiibo are identified by several id : Game series, Character id on this series, Amiibo series, Type ( figurine, card, doll ... ), Variant ( Dr., & Luma, ... ) and a unique id for each figurine ( only way to tell the différence between two colors for exemple Mario & Gold Mario )

For exemple every Mario are the first Character of thé first game series ( Mario Bros Character )

Generally games only look at Game series, Character and type ( except for some variant like Dr. Mario ) for easy compatibility with future amiibo series or variant.

So it's a strange choice to choose to reduce compatibility only for Detective Pikachu ... Who is technically exactly like Pikachu except variant and amiibo series.

jayman7
3 months ago#15
Gargomon251 posted...
Why isn't this in the pinned thread?

This is supposed to replace the pinned thread. You might notice that the first two posts are basically the first two posts of the pinned thread with more information. 2.0, after all. But... the mods haven't swapped them. I dunno why.

If I could edit the first two posts of the stickied topic to make them more like this topic, I would. But GameFAQs doesn't let you edit posts outside of an hour.

slimane01 posted...

Why are all the weirdest cases the amiibo I don't own? (Well, no, I own Wolf Link.)

The compatibility chart on the Japanese website says Detective Pikachu is Spirit-only. Various sources I've looked up indicate that Detective Pikachu is Spirit-only. I've been told it doesn't behave like Pikachu in other titles. But no, I cannot confirm directly.
Creator of Jay's Journey, including Jay's Journey Reimagined/Jay's Journey 2: Worlds Apart!
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: ssbmrocks

ssbmrocks
3 months ago#16
Question, are any spirits locked behind Amiibo, or are they all available ingame?
I ask the important questions.

User Info: dragonfoxmem

dragonfoxmem
3 months ago#17
jayman7 posted...

slimane01 posted...

Why are all the weirdest cases the amiibo I don't own? (Well, no, I own Wolf Link.)

The compatibility chart on the Japanese website says Detective Pikachu is Spirit-only. Various sources I've looked up indicate that Detective Pikachu is Spirit-only. I've been told it doesn't behave like Pikachu in other titles. But no, I cannot confirm directly.

because Detective Pikachu has different function for the game, Detective Pikachu, so Smash Pikachu probably will not work on game Detective Pikachu
my friend code is 4682-8560-5676
twitter @dragonfoxmem

jayman7
3 months ago#18
ssbmrocks posted...
Question, are any spirits locked behind Amiibo, or are they all available ingame?

Pretty sure they're all available otherwise.

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
3 months ago#19
Tag
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: AuraWielder

AuraWielder
3 months ago#20
Also, in case you want to add this OP.
I have the Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card from the original release of Pokken on Wii U.
Does zilch in case anybody wanted to know.
Supporting for Smash Ultimate DLC: Elma, Sora.
Confirmed newcomers that I wanted: Ridley, Dark Samus, Incineroar
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Compatibility guide for amiibo 2.0