1 month ago #57
    Okay, I tested, and it's really nothing particularly exciting. I took my Young Link amiibo and scanned him into Smash 4 Wii U, which naturally identified him as Link. I named him "Fairy Boy" and fought a quick battle against him, which raised his level to 5.

I then loaded up Smash Ultimate and scanned him into that. It identified him as a Smash 4 level 5 (which became 1 after the transfer) Young Link Figure Player named Fairy Boy.

So it will switch your FP to Young Link, but otherwise treat it as the same FP. Kinda what I expected, but there ya go: confirmation.
    Creator of Jay's Journey, including Jay's Journey Reimagined/Jay's Journey 2: Worlds Apart!
    https://jaysjourney2016.wordpress.com/

Previous Versions
    1 month ago
    Okay, I tested, and it's really nothing particularly exciting. I took my Young Link amiibo and scanned him into Smash 4 Wii U, which naturally identified him as Link. I named him "Fairy Boy" and fought a quick battle against him, which raised his level to 5.

I then loaded up Smash Ultimate and scanned him into that. It identified him as a level 5 (which became 1 after the transfer) Young Link Figure Player named Fairy Boy.

So it will switch your FP to Young Link, but otherwise treat it as the same FP. Kinda what I expected, but there ya go: confirmation.