You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I just 100% WoL on hard and I have some tips to share

User Info: GiantOctopodes

GiantOctopodes
2 months ago#211
samurai goroh posted...
- I have finished the game but I'm not at 100%, what did I missed?
Awake all 73 fighters
Unlock all 24 masters (1 Gym, 3 Explore zones, 15 Dojos & 5 Stores)
Check if every Dungeon/Mini World has a star next to it, note that in sub-areas with multiple maps this does not help)
Move your camera using the right control stick and browse paths, note that spirits cannot be seen in the zoomed out mode.
Beat Mimicutie in the Temple of Light (Palutena's map)
Press all switches inside the Base (Metal Gear's map)
Finish Kirby's Race on all 3 places
Destroy all ghost in Dracula's Castle (Richter)
Set clock in Sacred Land to both 4:40 & 12:10
Get all 3 endings (Light wins, Dark wins, You win)

- How to get more Skill Spheres?
Skill Spheres are sometimes sold at Shops in World of Light, alternative, you can start a New Game+ and the skill tree will carry.

Note on these two: For 100%, if you're not sure what you're missing, check the temple of light (top left dungeon) even if it has a star. There's an ace fight with 3 pokemon in it, and the dungeon will show a star even if that fight isn't cleared yet.

As to skill points, only a certain amount are sold in the stores. It's normal for those to "dry up" eventually, and if you buy all of them and 100% everything you should end up about 250 skill points shy of all skills. At that point you can either start new game plus (recommend) to finish up, or grind out the final battle for 1 skill point per clear (not recommended)

User Info: AndyKusanagi

AndyKusanagi
2 months ago#212
One thing I would like to know is how to effectively use the dojos.
I know I have some Spirits that could use a boost, but I get so confused trying to weigh in the pros and cons of training at this or that dojo that I just leave it behind altogether and level them up with Doc Louis.
I only used each of them once as I opened them, but I don't feel much of a difference in the fights except for the power level.

Also, what exactly are the Expeditions for? Seems to me I can't get anything in them that I don't already get by playing normally through WoL.
Are there any characters or combinations that I can use for extra rewards, or is it just that: choose four Spirits, and off they go?
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: GiantOctopodes

GiantOctopodes
2 months ago#213
AndyKusanagi posted...
One thing I would like to know is how to effectively use the dojos.
I know I have some Spirits that could use a boost, but I get so confused trying to weigh in the pros and cons of training at this or that dojo that I just leave it behind altogether and level them up with Doc Louis.
I only used each of them once as I opened them, but I don't feel much of a difference in the fights except for the power level.

Also, what exactly are the Expeditions for? Seems to me I can't get anything in them that I don't already get by playing normally through WoL.
Are there any characters or combinations that I can use for extra rewards, or is it just that: choose four Spirits, and off they go?

Dojo Pros / Cons: if you're going for the alpha strike style, with Giant and / or first strike advantage equipped, you'll want Demon style for the increased offense, to maximize the damage you do in that initial window of opportunity.

Beyond that, you're right to think they don't do much. There are strategies to employ, like perhaps Brick Wall style on a defensive spirit when you are planning on equipping auto heal, runner style paired with impact run, lightweight style to counteract some of the disadvantages of super armor, etc. None of it is necessary or particularly impactful however, at least in my experience.

For me at least, offense trumps everything, so it's demon style or bust, and that proved adequate to 100% twice over.

Expeditions are great! They:
Get you more of stuff you can always use more of, and if you can't, you can sell it for SP.
Give XP to those who go on them
Cost you literally nothing and have no downside.

Indeed you get more rewards the higher the level, and it's also affected by their "condition", the red or blue up or down arrows. I always just sort by condition and send the first 4 non-99 characters who have the red up arrows. However if you are farming for something particular like shield spacers or sluggish shield, you can maximize your chances by sending 99s to the relevant area, in that case the caves. You miss out on the XP gain by doing so, and as such like all things it's a trade off. Hope that helps.

User Info: fate311

fate311
2 months ago#214
I should post this since I seen this in a tooltip but apparently STYLES also affect things in that regard.
http://i.imgur.com/2w591.gif
3DS Friend Code 3497-0786-9080

User Info: Don_Dondon

Don_Dondon
1 month ago#215
should this topic really be stickied

I feel like it doesn't need to be here
Official Gooey of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Board
#PLANTGANG
(message deleted)

User Info: TimeJ

TimeJ
1 month ago#217
letsgetthissbre posted...
Finally! I just got a Minecraft Upgrade Code and it redeemed! Check out https://mc.codetoad.org

Thank you bot very cool bot
I take my satire VERY seriously

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
1 month ago#218
I assume post #216 got modded. Funny how post #217 is still up despite it quoting a post that got letsgetthissbre suspended.
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: TerMinA21

TerMinA21
1 month ago#219
Robercleitzon posted...
I near the ending i think. I on dark world now finished the zelda and finishing the castlevania. Already killed the boss. Need to fight some fighters. And need go to north in darkworld. So there is another worls or darkworld is the last?

I using dk with giant and metal to kill everithing is prety fast and powerfull. I only using this setup now. But i played normali using only mario and no op setup like this. Doed all the lightworld. Mais

Need finish the kirby race in first.

Hoe i fight the an fighter in forest in zelda? They tell that thar a girl waits his friend to rescue she. I used zelda and link but dont opened the path. I need to use saria from zelda or malon??

If you are talking about the fighter near the treasure chest in the forest, then you should press A in an opened chest and you should be near that fighter.
It's over Anakin! I have the High Ground

User Info: cheese_dragon

cheese_dragon
2 weeks ago#220
First off thanks everyone who contributed, this was very helpful.

I only struggled with two spirits-Pauline and the Boss. I finally took both of them down before beating Galeem and clearing every other space.

I figured out a strategy by accident for beating Pauline. I tried the shooting item technique first, but kept on hitting a platform or Peach would shield it. So I went to Giant Bowser and hyper smash instead. Very carefully I would smash Mario out of the game as soon as he came flying in with the hammer. He’d be knocked out, and the hammer would just be sitting there. Giant DK took the hammer and just offed himself both times I did this strategy. I had free shots at Peach now and was no longer Giant, so I moved around some and used a few smash attacks and his B special to get some damage on her. A final smash sealed the deal.

The Boss was the other one I struggled with. It took waiting to get a 4 Star spirit with 3 slots at level 99 with good attack, a poison immunity spirit, and hyper smash. A couple of tries with that got the job done. ZSS struggled a bit with faster projectiles, I was able to get in a lot of boomerang shots with Link on her.

Hope that helps. I found the rest of the fights to all be relatively easy to very easy as soon as you get Giant Zapfish and a couple of legendary primary spirits. (Playing on normal).
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/196k5x9kv32dggif/ku-xlarge.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I just 100% WoL on hard and I have some tips to share