You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I just 100% WoL on hard and I have some tips to share

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
2 weeks ago#181
What happened to post #179?
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: Megalodon966

Megalodon966
1 week ago#182
Why isn't a star showing up for the submap with Ryu? I beat all of the spirits and recruited Ryu. Why isn't a star showing up?
https://www.marioboards.com/index.php?action=profile;u=5951 my Mario Boards profile.
Official George Jones of the Ultimate board

User Info: Slave 1

Slave 1
1 week ago#183
Megalodon966 posted...
Why isn't a star showing up for the submap with Ryu? I beat all of the spirits and recruited Ryu. Why isn't a star showing up?

I could be wrong, but I think submaps only get stars if they have a boss battle in them.
Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea. This is the Enterprise: a big circle with a porch. I'm the Captain Picard. Come with me!

User Info: SUPERZELDA16

SUPERZELDA16
1 week ago#184
Slave 1 posted...
Megalodon966 posted...

I could be wrong, but I think submaps only get stars if they have a boss battle in them.

You're wrong about that. All portals can have a star.
I heard that stars may not appear if your game isn't updated to at least 1.1.0. That would be the first thing to check.

Slave 1
1 week ago#185
Alright, not sure if this is the best place to put this, but I just finished getting every spirit (not just obtained but presently owned) and I just wanted to share what seems to me like the fastest path to 100% owned spirits.

1. Beat World of Light 100%
2. Summon and Enhance whatever spirits you can
3. Beat World of Light a second time 100% on New Game+ - I think this is necessary for a number of reasons. One, it's the only way to re-gain a pre-enhanced Marx and Dracula. Second, it replenishes the hundreds of spirits you lost from summons and enhancements. And third, it's just a nice easy way to earn lots of snacks, items, and SP, plus you need to play through a bit of New Game+ anyway to fill out your skill tree and get that challenge board item done. Just take a few hours to breeze through WoL again on easy with your best Spirit team.
4. Get all of your challenge board items done
5. Beat Classic Mode with all characters, using up all of your classic mode tickets for extra rewards
6. Mop up duty - play the Spirit Board for all remaining spirits, Summon and Enhance whenever you can (taking care to not enhance the same spirit a second time), check the WoL shops for those stubborn remaining spirits

Throughout all of this, make sure to check the vault shop every once in a while and buy all the alt fighter spirits you see as well (Koopalings, Male WFT, Female Robin, Mii Fighters, etc) since I think that's the only way to get those as well. They appear randomly so you've just got to check back constantly as you play. Might as well buy all music and Mii costumes that you see while you're at it.
Space... what is the point of it? You have no idea. This is the Enterprise: a big circle with a porch. I'm the Captain Picard. Come with me!

Slave 1
1 week ago#186
SUPERZELDA16 posted...
Slave 1 posted...
Megalodon966 posted...

You're wrong about that. All portals can have a star.
I heard that stars may not appear if your game isn't updated to at least 1.1.0. That would be the first thing to check.

You're right, I just checked and I have stars everywhere. My mistake!

User Info: Megalodon966

Megalodon966
1 week ago#187
Ulysses31 posted...
Ack! Got the true ending, 73 fighters freed, cleared 612 fights and stars at all warp points. Got 99,51%, searched every area but I can't see the missing spirit. =((((((

I know about the 0.33% being the other endings.

Same here, except I have a 99.83% complete, also in the base game, I don't want to update the game 'cause I get to see Mr. Game & Watch's feather.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUlShCOQorM
https://www.marioboards.com/index.php?action=profile;u=5951 my Mario Boards profile.
Official George Jones of the Ultimate board

User Info: Anonymous666

Anonymous666
1 week ago#188
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjOQfmdxMmk

User Info: WarioMan222

WarioMan222
1 week ago#189
Well I just got up to 99.83%, I didn't realize you could fight Galeem and Dharkron and get the alternate endings without doing the entire final battle again. (I only go the true ending + before) So I guess I will try Dharkon's now. (I got 613 spirits)
Edit: Got 100%
(edited 1 week ago)
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I just 100% WoL on hard and I have some tips to share