You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I just 100% WoL on hard and I have some tips to share

User Info: Urgaleet

Urgaleet
2 weeks ago#171
Just finished WoL, got the true ending, saw both bad endings, fought all the hands, and I don't see any spirits on my board... I'm missing 5 spirits (done 610 battles, at 99.18%). However, I don't see a single star on any of my portals, so I'm a bit confused what everyone is talking about on the full map. Even on the off chance that all my missing spirits are in the portals, there are far more than 5 portals and I don't see a star on a single one. Can someone provide a screenshot so I know what to look for?

Already gotten all the easily missed ones mentioned in this thread (richter, mimicute, 3 kirby minigame ones, zelda swimming one, etc). Feel like I'm losing my mind. Thanks for any help provided!

Edit: Nevermind, just realized my game/system wasn't connected to the internet and needed an update. Stars are there now. For anyone in the future who has to same problem of no stars, make sure to download game updates.
FC: 4012 - 6623 - 5477
FFBE: 080, 330, 309 Send a PM if you add me. ^.^
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder
2 weeks ago#172
yzman posted...
Blue_Thunder posted...
Cybersai posted...
Another question if you sell a spirit does it take it away from your completion list? Or does it still count that you had it in collection even if you sell the spirit itself?

It'll still be on the list.

Still on the list...but no longer will have a green check mark near it correct?

In Spirit Board? Yes, that is orrect.
3DS: 2724-1435-8055 - NS: 2598-3715-0010 - http://steamcommunity.com/id/_thunderjay_
Playing: PAD (370 342 407), Guild Wars 2, Smash Ultimate, Shadowverse
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Cybersai

Cybersai
2 weeks ago#173
It's a real shame repeated Spirit battles aren't removed from the spirit board after you finish them, it gets confusing if you're wondering if you're missing 2-3 spirits on the board at the end

User Info: Ulysses31

Ulysses31
2 weeks ago#174
Ack! Got the true ending, 73 fighters freed, cleared 612 fights and stars at all warp points. Got 99,51%, searched every area but I can't see the missing spirit. =((((((

I know about the 0.33% being the other endings.

User Info: wordscansay

wordscansay
2 weeks ago#175
@Graigman

Great info! Can you add a paragraph about doc's gym/exploration? I find these to be rewarding for little effort. Doc's gym provides free spirit leveling, and the explorations provide free sp, gold and items including helpful slow shields. All of this occurs whether you're playing or not, the switch can even be off.

Random ?'s:
As for summoning, anyone have a list of spirits that are only available via summoning?

Is there a list of enhanceables that jump more than 1 star?

Do the spirit perks that show a character icon next to them only benefit that character? I.e. Does Giga Mac's Fist upgrade only help Little Mac, or would it also help DK?

Thanks!
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder
2 weeks ago#176
wordscansay posted...
Do the spirit perks that show a character icon next to them only benefit that character? I.e. Does Giga Mac's Fist upgrade only help Little Mac, or would it also help DK?

The effects aren't character-dependent, so yeah it would help DK. There is a power level bonus for using the spirit with Little Mac however, since they are both Punchout characters.
3DS: 2724-1435-8055 - NS: 2598-3715-0010 - http://steamcommunity.com/id/_thunderjay_
Playing: PAD (370 342 407), Guild Wars 2, Smash Ultimate, Shadowverse

User Info: SUPERZELDA16

SUPERZELDA16
2 weeks ago#177
Blue_Thunder posted...
wordscansay posted...

The effects aren't character-dependent, so yeah it would help DK. There is a power level bonus for using the spirit with Little Mac however, since they are both Punchout characters.

Ah! That's why sometimes the power level goes up with no apparent reason!

User Info: wordscansay

wordscansay
2 weeks ago#178
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77357001
(message deleted)

User Info: MoxRavager

MoxRavager
2 weeks ago#180
There's one spirit you really should summon for WoL and that's the golden mario you get from Fire Flower, Super Mushroom and Metal Mario. It gives you super armor with no downsides.
Please do not post a picture of your fecal matter. ~AverageAverage
3DS FC: 1977-0202-6028.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I just 100% WoL on hard and I have some tips to share