You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I just 100% WoL on hard and I have some tips to share

User Info: foxarwing

foxarwing
2 months ago#161
SmithyRocks posted...
im right at the end on hard beating the bosses solo each (after i got true ending already)

Facing Galeem is fine but every time at the end he does his bells/ shockwave attack i can never dodge it and it always KOs me there

How do you get past this? (i am doing a run through with only kirby fyi)

ty xxxx

If you already got true ending level up darkhon spirit, it greatly increases damage output. I used ganondorf, when you see the cue for the movement (sitting in middle and wing movement) try to move away as quickly as possible from the first sphere you see and air dodge, after that do the same with the others, and try to get to that part with as little damage as possible, you will likely have to dodge that attack at least twice.

User Info: Cybersai

Cybersai
2 months ago#162
For the spirit board how do you get legendary spirits to appear? Is it just random?

User Info: DexterTheThird

DexterTheThird
2 months ago#163
Cybersai posted...
For the spirit board how do you get legendary spirits to appear? Is it just random?

Yup, it’s random and tends to prioritize spirits you don’t already own.

You can use some of the Board Items to shuffle the spirits listed and accelerate findings ones you’re missing.
Formerly known as Hero Fly Chao. Official Geno of the Smash Switch board.
Wandersong is my GOTY 2018. Go check it out.

Cybersai
2 months ago#164
As an aside how do you know if some spirits on the board you already have? In the shops it says "new" for a spirit you don't have that you can buy.

But on the Spirit Board as far as I can tell it doesn't tell you. Obviously some spirits I recognize I have, but others I do not because I can't remember 1000+ spirits. Is there any way to tell without doing a repeat battle wasting your time?

User Info: DexterTheThird

DexterTheThird
2 months ago#165
Cybersai posted...
As an aside how do you know if some spirits on the board you already have? In the shops it says "new" for a spirit you don't have that you can buy.

But on the Spirit Board as far as I can tell it doesn't tell you. Obviously some spirits I recognize I have, but others I do not because I can't remember 1000+ spirits. Is there any way to tell without doing a repeat battle wasting your time?

If the spirit has a checkmark in the upper-right of the poster’s border on the Spirit Board, you currently possess it.

This checkmark will disappear if you dismiss it or fuse it away.

Whether you currently have the spirit or not, if you’ve completed the battle on the Spirit Board before, you’ll see a “clear” ribbon icon on the summary screen prior to battle.
Formerly known as Hero Fly Chao. Official Geno of the Smash Switch board.
Wandersong is my GOTY 2018. Go check it out.

Cybersai
2 months ago#166
Interesting a few more questions:

1. When you evolve a spirit at level 99, do you still need to get the base form of the spirit again or does the game count as you have both of them?

2. How do I get more of the "sluggish shield" item to help me when you shoot the spirit? I only have 2 more.

3. Will the game send me new spirits to battle more than repeats? I see too many repeats.

User Info: Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder
2 months ago#167
Cybersai posted...
1. When you evolve a spirit at level 99, do you still need to get the base form of the spirit again?

Nope, it still remembers the base form in the spirit list. Spirit board will often show the base form for you to get again however.

2. How do I get more of the "sluggish shield" item to help me when you shoot the spirit? I only have 2 more.

The SP shops sometimes have them, and the vault shop often has them as well (and you can buy as many as you can there). You also get them as battle rewards occasionally.

3. Will the game send me new spirits to battle more than repeats? I see too many repeats.

As said above, Spirit Board prioritizes spirits you don't already have, whether that be ones you haven't obtained, or ones that you've fused or dismissed. Getting the ones you fused or dismissed should speed up the process. There should be at least a couple of battles without the green checkmark on them--using board items like the filler and shuffle can help to get new spirits to show up as well.
3DS: 2724-1435-8055 - NS: 2598-3715-0010 - http://steamcommunity.com/id/_thunderjay_
Playing: PAD (370 342 407), Guild Wars 2, Smash Ultimate, Shadowverse
(edited 2 months ago)

Cybersai
2 months ago#168
Another question if you sell a spirit does it take it away from your completion list? Or does it still count that you had it in collection even if you sell the spirit itself?

User Info: Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder
2 months ago#169
Cybersai posted...
Another question if you sell a spirit does it take it away from your completion list? Or does it still count that you had it in collection even if you sell the spirit itself?

It'll still be on the list.
3DS: 2724-1435-8055 - NS: 2598-3715-0010 - http://steamcommunity.com/id/_thunderjay_
Playing: PAD (370 342 407), Guild Wars 2, Smash Ultimate, Shadowverse

User Info: yzman

yzman
2 months ago#170
Blue_Thunder posted...
Cybersai posted...

It'll still be on the list.

Still on the list...but no longer will have a green check mark near it correct?
As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there, he wasn't there again today, i wish I wish he'd go away
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I just 100% WoL on hard and I have some tips to share