You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I just 100% WoL on hard and I have some tips to share

User Info: Graigman

Graigman
1 month ago#1
Hi All,

I have been going crazy on WoL because I love it so much - Spoilers ahead!
I wanted to make this thread to help people out as there isn't much info going around and searching for World of Light anything on google just gives lots of news stories about it.

I am actually about 50% completed through my 2nd play through (New Game+) right now and am plowing through it at about 5 times the speed as before due to being leveled up.

Anyway to the tips!

First things first you do not under any circumstances need to play this on anything other than easy to get everything!
The game tells you that if you play it on higher difficulty you get "more rewards". It's true... You get more money (sp points) and I *think* you get more level spheres per fight. I played it on hard my first time and it is just not worth it (unless you want the challenge that is). It easily put 10 or more hours onto the first play through for what... More money and spheres??
Well that doesn't matter anyway because you have New Game+!!
It is much MUCH faster to just run the game on easy then do it again on new game plus to get all the money and levels you want. (You want to max the skill point tree to get the achievement board sticker thing)

Now if you ARE playing on hard I do have some tips.

You want to rush two things in your skill tree and they are
- Fast Final Smash Meter Charge
- Double Final Smash

Then pick a character that has a great AoE final smash (I used Samus) and you will make "hard" mode MUCH easier.
The strategy is to just fight and stay alive till you get FS (you will get it before them most of the time) then just hit the whole screen with it - if the first one doesn't kill them the 2nd one will, you can do them right after each other.

You want good supports anything that compliments a high offensive strategy.
My final build was using Demon Style Dojo (High Offense - Low Defense) with Support that makes me metal at the start and the one that gives you high defense but lowers your move speed (it only lowers it by like 10% so its very much worth it)
Honestly Metal at the start of the fight is really REALLY good, for one slot too. All of your high offense attacks will land as they wont be interrupted and by the time it wears off you basically kill them. Most of the fights are 1 stock so its really OP.

Don't summon ANYTHING till the end.
You don't want to waste a summon on something that you will get later in the WoL
Wait till you 100% the entire thing before you summon.
A good example is Ho-Oh.
You can summon this legend for a huge cost or..... Just get it during WoL.
I can't imagine how pissed I would be if I wasted a bunch of spirits to then just get given the one I summoned.

As I have decided to run New Game+ to 100% completion I just sold ALL of my spirits and turned them into crafting items. Now all I need to do is run the game again and I will get them all back while also being able to craft all the ones I don't have - It also gave me about 180K worth of SP so that's nice for shopping to buy spirits that I don't own. (I assume some spirits only appear in the shop so I will simply buy them all to be sure!)

If you want to be as efficient as possible in WoL you want to go right first (at the part where you have to choose from the three heroes to free, I can't remember who the right path is but just go right!) Most of the spirits you need to unlock things on the map are on that path. So the idea is to get as many of them as you can that way you can just clear the map area by area without backtracking too much.

I'm running out or characters in my post so I will leave it here but I can answer questions in the thread as it goes.

Hope this helped someone!

Thanks.

User Info: OmegamanZX

OmegamanZX
1 month ago#2
Sticky requested. Fantastic recommendations. Really gives me hope that this mode is actually beatable. I've been playing Smash since 64, and have to say as a veteran, it is sadly humbling when certain event matches are giving me trouble even on easy mode.

User Info: cotsiost

cotsiost
1 month ago#3
Thanks for the above.

I do not remember an achievement about completing the skill point tree tbh. but if there is one and a new game+ will be necessary then beating it on easy first is definitively worth it.

I have a question though which should be obvious tbh, if you start new game+ it overwrites your current save right? so you still need to go and unlock the gym and exploration areas?

Graigman
1 month ago#4
Oh I forgot to mention about Primary Spirits....
It honestly depends on what difficulty you are playing on but i would say don't waste your time with 2 stars... If playing on easy I wouldn't even bother with three stars... (obviously you will be leveling them simply by using them but don't go out of your way to do it).
Once you get a 4 star you are good to go. (You can get a green M.Bison really early if you complete the "street fighter world" challenge, You will need a spirit to get there I can't remember which one but it is on the "right" path as stated before)

With an early green 4 star you can do all color fights (even Red ones) as your Battle Power will just be so much higher than them it wont even matter. Eventually you will need a Red so you might want to level a 3 star red along the way till you find a 4 star (Geno)... Don't forget you can use the gym for free levels, its actually pretty fast if you get the skill point that speeds it up!

Graigman
1 month ago#5
cotsiost posted...
Thanks for the above.

I do not remember an achievement about completing the skill point tree tbh. but if there is one and a new game+ will be necessary then beating it on easy first is definitively worth it.

I have a question though which should be obvious tbh, if you start new game+ it overwrites your current save right? so you still need to go and unlock the gym and exploration areas?

No it doesn't overwrite.
Once you unlock the mode to access you select your current save, at the screen it brings up to tell you the time played etc there will be a "New Game+" box.
Hit that and it will ask you what save file you want to make new game+.
Just select an open file space and it will create it.

User Info: cotsiost

cotsiost
1 month ago#6
Graigman posted...
cotsiost posted...
Thanks for the above.

No it doesn't overwrite.
Once you unlock the mode to access you select your current save, at the screen it brings up to tell you the time played etc there will be a "New Game+" box.
Hit that and it will ask you what save file you want to make new game+.
Just select an open file space and it will create it.

thanks for the reply. so i can still keep using the activities unlocked (gym, caves, dojos) while i do my new game+ playthrough.

Graigman
1 month ago#7
Yes you start with everything unlocked

User Info: basch152

basch152
1 month ago#8
I have 99.67% completed on WoL and have no idea what I'm missing >.>

frustrating. I only have 73 characters unlocked in that mode so I'm missing 2 somewhere apparently.

Graigman
1 month ago#9
basch152 posted...
I have 99.67% completed on WoL and have no idea what I'm missing >.>

frustrating. I only have 73 characters unlocked in that mode so I'm missing 2 somewhere apparently.

The characters show up on the full map as little purple icons.
Make sure that every "dungeon/mini world" has a star next to it on the full map.
Did you fight Crazy/Master hand in the final section of the game?
Once you beat them they open a path each with a hero to save.

User Info: Robercleitzon

Robercleitzon
1 month ago#10
I near the ending i think. I on dark world now finished the zelda and finishing the castlevania. Already killed the boss. Need to fight some fighters. And need go to north in darkworld. So there is another worls or darkworld is the last?

I using dk with giant and metal to kill everithing is prety fast and powerfull. I only using this setup now. But i played normali using only mario and no op setup like this. Doed all the lightworld. Mais

Need finish the kirby race in first.

Hoe i fight the an fighter in forest in zelda? They tell that thar a girl waits his friend to rescue she. I used zelda and link but dont opened the path. I need to use saria from zelda or malon??
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. I just 100% WoL on hard and I have some tips to share