• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. The lack of FFVII content in this game is disturbing...

User Info: raphaelz

raphaelz
1 month ago#1
Basically three songs and ONE fricking Spirit sticker (Cloud)? At this rate I really doubt there'll be a second SE rep.

I mean, just compare how many songs/stickers there are for Capcom, Konami and Sega. Even Ubisoft lent Nintendo some of their characters' rights to make Spirits (such as Rayman).

But SE apparently was way too stingy it seems. In the entire WoL I've only encountered Cloud one time (when you unlock him) while every other character appears endlessly tru the game.

Signs of bad blood between SE and Nintendo?

User Info: liberator0714

liberator0714
1 month ago#2
I wouldn't say bad blood... more stinginess

User Info: Prinny_dood

Prinny_dood
1 month ago#3
FFVII looks like a gigantic pile of hippo muck spread anyway.
Holy crap, dood!

User Info: L_Spiro

L_Spiro
1 month ago#4
Needs more Noctis if you ask me. ;)
https://soundcloud.com/l-spiro
* L. Spiro *

User Info: Agent101c

Agent101c
1 month ago#5
Sephiroth would be nice

That would be enough 7 for me

User Info: Lm03

Lm03
1 month ago#6
L_Spiro posted...

at this point i think SE is gonna forget that FFXV exists after Tabatha left.

so uh... i guess we can have Terra Branford now? i personally hope. Robin is not Mage enough and we need more Mages.

User Info: raphaelz

raphaelz
1 month ago#7
Lm03 posted...
L_Spiro posted...

at this point i think SE is gonna forget that FFXV exists after Tabatha left.

so uh... i guess we can have Terra Branford now? i personally hope. Robin is not Mage enough and we need more Mages.

Spirits was THE perfect chance to include characters from FF1-6 (the ones actually released first on Nintendo consoles). I really wanted a Kefka spirit :(

User Info: Psycho_Kenshin

Psycho_Kenshin
1 month ago#8
No Tifa is pretty shock, I agree it would've been cool. FF7 is rad and it's even a Switch title now.
One Piece: Pirates with style!
-= Metal Gear Solid: Tactical Espionage Action =-

User Info: Winturwulf

Winturwulf
1 month ago#9
Well... having three songs is one more than last time.

But, I completely agree. Hell, even if it was just FF7 content, I would've been happy with a couple more music tracks, considering how amazing the soundtrack is. Even a couple of generic monster spirits would've been cool. Final Fantasy is a franchise a lot have wanted in Smash for a long time and they (probably SE) blew it.

This makes me worried about what'll happen if we potentially get another SE rep.
Frogfucius say: Man who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with stinky finger.

User Info: emerald740

emerald740
1 month ago#10
The lack of SE stuff in general is because SE didn’t play nice with Nintendo. From what I hear, SE almost didn’t let cloud come back.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. The lack of FFVII content in this game is disturbing...
  • Topic Archived