• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Tournament legal gamecube controller alternatives?

User Info: LethalFatality

LethalFatality
1 month ago#1
Title. I know the gamecube controller is popular for smash, but I'd rather not use it because:

a) Personally not a fan of it, at least for Smash

b) Would rather get a controller that I can also use for other games instead of an adapter and controller that I'll pretty much only use with smash

c) Pretty sure the USB alternatives are more readily available and cheaper than a new gamecube controller + adapter

Thanks
\_(ツ)_/)

LethalFatality
1 month ago#2
Bump cause this is getting buried already
\_(ツ)_/)

User Info: BaconNEggs

BaconNEggs
1 month ago#3
single joy con
https://atomickote.com/geno-is-from-earthbound/
Official Smash Prick of the Smash Ultimate GameFAQs board

User Info: Smashingpmkns

Smashingpmkns
1 month ago#4
Do you not like the GC controller layout? If not, get a Pro Controller. Thatll be your best alternative. Not certain how the third party ones are but you might as well put the extra $20ish for the official one. It goes on sale quite frequently, keep tabs on r/Switchdeals.

Most of the third party GC controllers are read as pro controllers and work with other games, so you can essentially use them for most games fyi.
Clean Butt Crew

User Info: Lailah66

Lailah66
1 month ago#5
I really like the pro controller. Super comfortable and made botw so much better. In smash though there's slightly more latency.

User Info: TG_Wolf

TG_Wolf
1 month ago#6
In this era, unless you're a Nintendo purist or live under a rock; which are the same thing really, the Pro controller matches the controllers most people are comfortable with.
[Furry and Proud of it ^_^] TMATMRSSCDTESOOT
Official: Wolf of Everything, Madara Uchiha, Muu of UNSR/4, Saberwulf of KI and Cyber Smoke of the MKXL.

LethalFatality
1 month ago#7
How's the horipad? Seems like it'll get the job done for less than the pro controller (prefer wired over wireless anyway).
\_(ツ)_/)

LethalFatality
1 month ago#8
Bump
\_(ツ)_/)

LethalFatality
1 month ago#9
Bump?
\_(ツ)_/)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Tournament legal gamecube controller alternatives?
  • Topic Archived