You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. List of Important Challenges (Excluding Online)

User Info: Arcanine2009

Arcanine2009
3 months ago#21
FarmerGeddon posted...
Arcanine2009 posted...
Has anyone unlocked that soundtrack and this point and can verify? That's not gonna be easy at all without continues.

Just hoard Classic tickets, they don't count as a continue.

I just unlocked snake. I started at level 3 and died once, but was like 6.7 at the last match and didn't get the song. I do think we have to start level 5 now. Luckily his classic matchups aren't too bad.

Does the classic tickets really not count? That's weird.
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.

User Info: Harmoknight

Harmoknight
3 months ago#22
Is there any other way to get that Aryll spirit? Doing that with Pichu sounds like hell =/

User Info: Helix snake

Helix snake
3 months ago#23
Alright, I beat adventure mode and all the characters are unlocked in adventure mode. Still didn't clear the all fighters challenge.
[Nintendo fans] are killing Nintendo by continuing to buy and support Nintendo games. - Bebi Boy

User Info: Helix snake

Helix snake
3 months ago#24
Never mind, I was missing Richter. God damnit how did I miss that. I went over the entire roster twice.
[Nintendo fans] are killing Nintendo by continuing to buy and support Nintendo games. - Bebi Boy

User Info: FarmerGeddon

FarmerGeddon
3 months ago#25
Harmoknight posted...
Is there any other way to get that Aryll spirit? Doing that with Pichu sounds like hell =/

Doesn't have to be with Pichu, that's just the description of the image that unlocks on completion of the challenge.

User Info: sdw7sm

sdw7sm
3 months ago#26
Arcanine2009 posted...
FarmerGeddon posted...
Arcanine2009 posted...
Has anyone unlocked that soundtrack and this point and can verify? That's not gonna be easy at all without continues.

I just unlocked snake. I started at level 3 and died once, but was like 6.7 at the last match and didn't get the song. I do think we have to start level 5 now. Luckily his classic matchups aren't too bad.

Continuing with a Classic ticket is still considered using a continue. You definitely don’t have to start at 5.0, only end at or above there, but you can’t lose any fights or you won’t complete the challenge.

Also, you cannot get to Intensity 9.9 if you use a continue, even if you use a Classic ticket. The game blocks this and forces the Intensity to stop at 9.8.
(edited 3 months ago)

FarmerGeddon
3 months ago#27
sdw7sm posted...
Also, you cannot get to Intensity 9.9 if you use a continue, even if you use a Classic ticket. The game blocks this and forces the Intensity to stop at 9.8.

Yeah, it's damn annoying. However, you CAN use a ticket to preserve a 9.9 if you earn it prior to the final fight.

User Info: sdw7sm

sdw7sm
3 months ago#28
Tips for the Smash Challenges from someone who has completed them:

When the game says “Lv # CPU”, it only accepts that level. You cannot complete a level 5 challenge by defeating a level 9 CPU.

Handicap Challenges: Set items to only Fairy Bottles. An easy way to even the handicap.
Stock/Time Challenges: Special Flags seem to be good at both distracting the CPU and keeping stock/points up.
Stamina Challenges: Poison Mushrooms and Fake Smash Balls, on Temple, with a long range character. (You know the items are fake, but the CPU doesn’t) Lip’s Stick is also useful for Stamina battles.

Who does everyone suggest for the meteor smash challenge?
(edited 3 months ago)

FarmerGeddon
3 months ago#29
sdw7sm posted...
Who does everyone suggest for the meteor smash challenge?

I set up a 3-min Super Sudden Death on Big Battlefield with Mario against 4 level 9 Bowsers. You'll get knocked around like a ragdoll but it's easy to get way more than 3 meteor smashes in 3 full minutes as each hit is a KO.

User Info: Arcanine2009

Arcanine2009
3 months ago#30
sdw7sm posted...
Arcanine2009 posted...
FarmerGeddon posted...
Arcanine2009 posted...

Continuing with a Classic ticket is still considered using a continue. You definitely don’t have to start at 5.0, only end at or above there, but you can’t lose any fights or you won’t complete the challenge.

I see. Thanks
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. List of Important Challenges (Excluding Online)