You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. List of Important Challenges (Excluding Online)

User Info: Rig85

Rig85
2 months ago#121
The_Hypist posted...
Rig85 posted...
Question:

I beat WoL on Hard to 100%.
I see now there’s a challenge with beating the first part of the final battle with Ganondorf.

Did I miss my chance at this on my 100% file? :(
Do I have to play through New Game + all the way to get back to that fight? -.-

You don’t have to play NG+ to get to the final boss, picking the file starts you off before the final boss.

Right. I have (spoiler?) got all three endings.
I thought the challenge was referring to the platforming like section where you jump your way up battling shadow/light fighters along the way? I don’t think I can replay that on my main file?

Is that not what the challenge is referencing?

User Info: The_Hypist

The_Hypist
2 months ago#122
Rig85 posted...
The_Hypist posted...
Rig85 posted...
Question:

I see now there’s a challenge with beating the first part of the final battle with Ganondorf.

You don’t have to play NG+ to get to the final boss, picking the file starts you off before the final boss.

I thought the challenge was referring to the platforming like section where you jump your way up battling shadow/light fighters along the way? I don’t think I can replay that on my main file?

It’s during the climb, easy since there’s a skill that gives you an extra jump along with jetpacks being available. But there’s also a challenge that involves not dying during the final phase with Galen and Dharkon, and it cannot be hammered like the 9.9 and CPU Meteor challenges.

I got through without dying on The Climb and Boss Rush parts tho, and final phase is easy if you use the bosses attacks against each other. I recommend Celebi if you have her.
My waifus are my laifu, no exceptions.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Rig85

Rig85
2 months ago#123
The_Hypist posted...
Rig85 posted...
The_Hypist posted...
Rig85 posted...
Question:

It’s during the climb, easy since there’s a skill that gives you an extra jump along with jetpacks being available. But there’s also a challenge that involves not dying during the final phase with Galen and Dharkon, and it cannot be hammered like the 9.9 and CPU Meteor challenges.

I got through without dying on The Climb and Boss Rush parts tho, and final phase is easy if you use the bosses attacks against each other. I recommend Celebi if you have her.

Is there any way to repeat the climb on my first file though? Once I did it (completed it), I don’t think I’m able to go back to it?

User Info: The_Hypist

The_Hypist
2 months ago#124
Rig85 posted...
The_Hypist posted...
Rig85 posted...
The_Hypist posted...
Rig85 posted...
Question:

Is there any way to repeat the climb on my first file though? Once I did it (completed it), I don’t think I’m able to go back to it?

The final battle has all three phases, so you can do the climbing part again.
My waifus are my laifu, no exceptions.
hey thx for the awesome post! im sure it has helped SO many people, including me! i have a couple questions tho, when u said pinata's spirit, did u perhaps mean the pianta's from super mario sunshine and mistyped? would be awesome, i love the pianta's and super mario sunshine is my favorite game of all time! (tied with sonic adventure 2 battle!, speaking which, anyone have a list of all the sonic spirits? i have a few of em, and sadly missed shadow in the spirit board too :( saw him i mean but time ran out i guess :( also anyone know if felicia spirit is in game, from fire emblem fates? and pyra/mythra fused form and nia blade form both from xenoblade 2? sorry a lil off topic questions.)

also other question bout ur post i have is, are these all EXCLUSIVE to unlocking from the mission? or any other way to get em? like spirit board, spirit mode chests, shops, etc?

and also i find it odd that the cruel smash challenge(s) arent on this list. do they rly not give anything rare? i sure hope its like a whole bunch of currency or u just forgot to put it on ur list! hopefully spirit points, i keep running out when leveling up my spirits its so lame! any way to grind em after i finish all spirit battles? would the only way of getting em after beating all battles is keep beating final boss, cuz they are the only battles able to do again after beating apparently in the whole story?

also wondering, u just said majora's mask, is that it's spirit? and also why was that and ganondorf with spoiler tags im confused, as well as the duck hunt one, etc etc
Top 11 games 1 SMS SA2B 2 BotW SS TP HD 3 SMO OoT 3d SMG1 SMG2 4 Pkmn Gen 4 and 7 5 Colosseum XD 6 PM64 7 PM 2 8 PM 3 9 Pkmn Gen 2 and 3 10 TTR 11Smash Ultimate
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: jaigo2

jaigo2
2 months ago#126
chrispkmnmaster posted...
hey thx for the awesome post! im sure it has helped SO many people, including me! i have a couple questions tho, when u said pinata's spirit, did u perhaps mean the pianta's from super mario sunshine and mistyped? would be awesome, i love the pianta's and super mario sunshine is my favorite game of all time! Yes. (tied with sonic adventure 2 battle!, speaking which, anyone have a list of all the sonic spirits? i have a few of em, and sadly missed shadow in the spirit board too :( saw him i mean but time ran out i guess :( https://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_spirits_(Sonic_the_Hedgehog_series) also anyone know if felicia spirit is in game, from fire emblem fates? They're not in the game. and pyra/mythra fused form and nia blade form both from xenoblade 2? sorry a lil off topic questions.) The fused form isn't in the game, but you can get all 3 separately.

also other question bout ur post i have is, are these all EXCLUSIVE to unlocking from the mission? or any other way to get em? like spirit board, spirit mode chests, shops, etc? I can confirm that you can get Challenge Spirits by other means and you can get them via shops and Spirit Board.

and also i find it odd that the cruel smash challenge(s) arent on this list. do they rly not give anything rare? i sure hope its like a whole bunch of currency or u just forgot to put it on ur list! hopefully spirit points, i keep running out when leveling up my spirits its so lame! There's only one Cruel Smash Challenge and you get 3000 coins. any way to grind em after i finish all spirit battles? would the only way of getting em after beating all battles is keep beating final boss, cuz they are the only battles able to do again after beating apparently in the whole story? You can get more SP by beating Classic Mode.

also wondering, u just said majora's mask, is that it's spirit? It is, but you actually get the Headgear by doing the Challenge and also why was that and ganondorf with spoiler tags im confused, as well as the duck hunt one, etc etc They're in spoiler tags because the game doesn't outright mention them until you unlock them, because they contain Adventure Mode spoilers.

Responses in bold
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: wantfastcars

wantfastcars
2 months ago#127
How do you unlock the Sandbag Spirit? Like many others, I didn't get it from the Donkey Kong challenge, I got a Classic Ticket.

EDIT: It's the OTHER "Donkey Kong" challenge, the 250% one
Now Playing: GRIP, Smash Ultimate
Now, let's count up your sins!
(edited 2 months ago)
thx so much tc! that sucks there is no fused form pyra/mythra spirit or those others i named rly :( also i got pianta spirit the other day from the challenge! pretty awesome! tho u said nia blade form is in the game? u know where? i got her driver form only, and think her blade form looks better! and oh ok i didnt do classic yet, thats good news thx so much! :)

also i got the majoras mask headgear in the shop tho, how could that be from the mission? cant have duplicates of mii fighter gear can u?

mb, was late last night once it became past midnight EST sunday rly, i got the piantas spirit! cuz gotta buy something during sunday sale for that one.

also oh i see, those were missions that say ??? until u beat that boss in the story then i assume? like after u beat the ganondorf boss? or not til u unlock ganondorf character? or perhaps not til u unlock 1 or all of the i think 3 different ganondorf spirits? (excluding the enhanced versions)
Top 11 games 1 SMS SA2B 2 BotW SS TP HD 3 SMO OoT 3d SMG1 SMG2 4 Pkmn Gen 4 and 7 5 Colosseum XD 6 PM64 7 PM 2 8 PM 3 9 Pkmn Gen 2 and 3 10 TTR 11Smash Ultimate
(edited 2 months ago)
does anyone know if there actually are important online challenges? i got a few online challenges, nothing important yet! (well nothing important based on the original post's definition) just some gold and sp so far!
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Arcanine2009

Arcanine2009
2 months ago#130
Any idea how to unlock calamity ganon phase 2 and outside Hyrule Castle music? Both are from botw.
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. List of Important Challenges (Excluding Online)