• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Smash Bros Online shows just how far back in the past Nintendo is living

User Info: UnwipedPooStain

UnwipedPooStain
1 month ago#1
Smash Ultimate is really a great game but the online mode is total trash and it's not Sakurai's fault. The Switch is total s*** at being even within a country-mile range of a modern console. PC, Xbox, and Playstation don't have Nintendo exclusives but they literally have the Switch beat when it comes to LITERALLY EVERYTHING ELSE.

Nintendo is living in a f***ing cave with this online system. Why can't I choose a game mode to play? Why is online not different than singleplayer? You should have to rank up to unlock more characters and stages online, it would make the mode more addicitng. All the big name multiplayer games use a rank up system BECAUSE IT WORKS.

Where is the option to invite friends in your lobby to team up and face randoms? Where is the option to add recent players you battled? Where is the option to change characters in between battles? Where is the DEDICATED SERVERS? Where is the voice chat? WHY ARE WE STILL USING FRIEND CODES?

NINTENDO IT IS 2018 BRO AND YOU CHARGE ACTUAL MONEY FOR THIS PIECE OF s*** ONLINE SERVICE. I pray everyday Nintendo has to sell out and their garbage hardware goes out of existence. Imagince Nintendo games on Xbox and PC!

/Rant Over
jigglyweigel: I cant take anything seriously from a man named Unwipedpoostain.

User Info: Exurna

Exurna
1 month ago#2
I'm glad you're not in game development.

User Info: Azeiryous

Azeiryous
1 month ago#3
I agree with everything except ranking up to unlock more characters online

User Info: yosheta

yosheta
1 month ago#4
UnwipedPooStain posted...
Where is the DEDICATED SERVERS?

*cough*

For the 534,947th time...

Dedicated servers are not suitable for fighting games.
Dohoho

UnwipedPooStain
1 month ago#5
Azeiryous posted...
I agree with everything except ranking up to unlock more characters online

You might disagree with it but trust me Call of Duty' s rank up system is one of the reasons the multiplayer community stays alive and healthy FOR A LOOOOOONG TIME. On top of course the ease of game modes and ease of lobbying up with your friends.

As much as you may not enjoy unlocking stuff online it is GUARANTEED to get more people to play for a much longer time just to use K Rool or Charizard online.

User Info: yosheta

yosheta
1 month ago#6
But the online is pretty garbage right now.

Least Battle Arena fixes some of the problems, but Battle Arena has it's slew of QoL problems too.
Dohoho

User Info: Rasputin77

Rasputin77
1 month ago#7
Exurna posted...
I'm glad you're not in game development.

Wow. How many boards do you scramble around trying to remain relevant on, anyway?

User Info: Azeiryous

Azeiryous
1 month ago#8
I love ranked on online games but not to unlock stuff like characters though. Skins, guns emblems to let everybody know your a top player for sure.

User Info: Ninja_Pancake

Ninja_Pancake
1 month ago#9
I'd like to know what idiot thought it was a good idea to remove FG and make it nearly impossible to get a guaranteed 1 vs 1 with items off.

UnwipedPooStain
1 month ago#10
Ninja_Pancake posted...
I'd like to know what idiot thought it was a good idea to remove FG and make it nearly impossible to get a guaranteed 1 vs 1 with items off.

Will you take back that quote once you find it was Sakurai himself?
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Smash Bros Online shows just how far back in the past Nintendo is living
  • Topic Archived