• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. The lack of Persona recognition here, is really disturbing

User Info: AceMintyShiva

AceMintyShiva
1 month ago#181
Megaman_Jolteon posted...
Not my fault that I'm not into poorly written anime with poorly written plots.

Something, something fursonas. Something, something, lord or darkness. Something, something, chosen one to wield sword. Something, something tsunderes.

Welcome to Pokemon, Golden Sun, and Fire Emblem. May I take your order?

User Info: ForteEXE3850

ForteEXE3850
1 month ago#182
There are multiple polls on this bored showing not only that a large majority of people here know what the Persona series is, most people here have played Persona 5.
Mwahahahaha.

User Info: UndertaleFan278

UndertaleFan278
1 month ago#183
AceMintyShiva posted...

Something, something fursonas. Something, something, lord or darkness. Something, something, chosen one to wield sword. Something, something tsunderes.

Wait, wait, Pokémon? How so?

User Info: AceMintyShiva

AceMintyShiva
1 month ago#184
UndertaleFan278 posted...
AceMintyShiva posted...

Wait, wait, Pokémon? How so?

My mistake of including that franchise. Seeing the word "fursona" made me think of the furry Pokemons for no reason at all.

User Info: GallantChaddymn

GallantChaddymn
1 month ago#185
JE19426 posted...

GallantChaddymn posted...
keep telling yourself that. Ill take Atlus' word over your arbitrary fandeliniation and headcanon.

So it's just a coincidence in your opinion that all the Persona games have Jungian psychological themes?

No, what i am saying is pretending it is the sole and primary defining factor and is far more important that things including but not limited to THE PREMISE AND GAMEPLAY, is idiotic.
"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html

User Info: JE19426

JE19426
1 month ago#186
No, what i am saying is pretending it is the sole and primary defining factor and is far more important that things including but not limited to THE PREMISE AND GAMEPLAY, is idiotic.

LMAO, the premise and gameplay aren't exclusive to the Persona series. Is SMTIV a Persona game? If not, why not?

User Info: GallantChaddymn

GallantChaddymn
1 month ago#187
JE19426 posted...

LMAO, the premise and gameplay aren't exclusive to the Persona series. Is SMTIV a Persona game? If not, why not?

As we've already established, the premise of Persona is literally "SMT + highschool setting".

And no SMT is not Persona. Persona is SMT. Its literally what the argument was about in the first place.

Try to keep up lol.
"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html

User Info: JE19426

JE19426
1 month ago#188
As we've already established, the premise is literally SMT + highschool setting.

So Persona 2: Eternal Punishment isn't a Persona game. Got you.

And no SMT is not Persona. Persona is SMT. its literally what the argument was about in the first place.

Nope, the argument is about whether SMT if... is a Persona game, or not.

Try to keep up lol.

Take your own advice, it looks like you got lost somewhere along the way.

User Info: SilverBassCross

SilverBassCross
1 month ago#189
raphaelz posted...
SilverBassCross posted...
What's sad isn't the lack of Persona recognition.

It's how people don't recognize how shallow the game is.

You mean lacking depth like 99% of every Nintendo title (including this one) not called Zelda?

Of all the "insults", calling P5 game shallow is probably a point in favor towards why it's a perfect fit for Smash.

Lol what. I don't expect depth from f***ing Mario. I expect it from JRPGs. And Persona is one of the shallowest JRPG series ever. Also you are really ignorant if you think Zelda is the deepest Nintendo series, lmao. F***ing Pokemon has more depth than Zelda, and so does Smash, because of their multiplayer sides. Fire Emblem is also deeper.
Mother 4 and MegaMan Battle Network Chrono X, two fangames that deserve more recognition. Please check them out.
www.mother4game.com / www.mmbnchronox.com
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. The lack of Persona recognition here, is really disturbing
  • Topic Archived