• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Is Smash 4 dead and irrelevant to you at this point?

User Info: GigaMan91

GigaMan91
1 week ago#31
Yeah, it's done. Mods are a good argument, but Brawl mods are still alive and kicking and are a lot easier to set up and troubleshoot. Most of the Sm4sh modders are moving on to Ultimate as soon as possible.
Super SmUsh Bros.
https://i.imgur.com/rJW0eMh.gif

User Info: Dinah713

Dinah713
1 week ago#32
I dont think it's dead but I wont play it. I played it enough already. Same thing I'll say for ultimate in a few years. No point of this topic lol.
I support KOS-MOS for Smash Ultimate!

User Info: Gamespoht

Gamespoht
1 week ago#33
I was just about to say that 4's mod scene hasn't even dethroned what the Wii has accomplished, and Ik that TC knows that so I doubt 5 could even come close

Imo I'll still go back for Smash Run on 3DS which is superior than WoL, as for U maybe just for challenges and a few model hacks but it's a toss up
''No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me''-Sonic The Hedgehog
I am Gamespot's Unofficial Mascot....Love Me.

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
1 week ago#34
Nope. Seeing Home Run Contest, Targets Mode, multiple Multi-Man Smash modes, and Stage Builder were enough to make me keep my 3DS and Wii U versions, not to mention that I enjoyed the Custom Specials and being able to adjust my Mii Fighters' sizes and stats with equipment. Maybe most of these missing features are returning via patches, but in its current state, Ultimate is looking to being my second least favorite Smash game right above Brawl.
Bomberman deserves to be in Smash as a playable fighter. R.I.P. Miiverse 2012 - 2017. R.I.P. Miitomo 2016 - 2018.

User Info: SilentDarkway

SilentDarkway
1 week ago#35
oh

User Info: DecadentDandy

DecadentDandy
1 week ago#36
Yep.

Brawl is the only smash game that I would play again once ultimate drops
you fell victim to one of the classic blunders

User Info: Reverted_Pikkon

Reverted_Pikkon
1 week ago#37
I'll revisit the 3DS version every now and then. That is seriously one of the best 3DS games, and is a technical miracle for the system. And let's not forget how (at the time) the next, big Smash game was on a 3DS at launch! That was so cool. The game deserves props.

User Info: Megaman_Jolteon

Megaman_Jolteon
1 week ago#38
felica posted...
kamikaze135 posted...
What does Smash 4 have that Ultimate doesn't?

Mod support.

The garbage ass skins that are being labeled as newcomers?

C'mon.
It's MegaJolt, thank you kindly. As of 2/26/16,"volt rodent the DLN-001" is also valid. Thx.
"Man, what a bunch of jokahs!" -Reyn ft. Pit

User Info: Mr_Biscuit

Mr_Biscuit
1 week ago#39
Smash 4 was dead to me about a week after launch

None of my friends bothered with Wii U, and there was virtually no single player content or unlocks.
https://www.bigplay.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/img_6703.jpg

User Info: SilentDarkway

SilentDarkway
1 week ago#40
Megaman_Jolteon posted...
felica posted...
kamikaze135 posted...
What does Smash 4 have that Ultimate doesn't?

Mod support.

The garbage ass skins that are being labeled as newcomers?

C'mon.

Smash 4 also has gameplay altering mods.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Is Smash 4 dead and irrelevant to you at this point?
  • Topic Archived