• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Is Smash 4 dead and irrelevant to you at this point?

User Info: notok

notok
1 month ago#21
SilentDarkway posted...
felica posted...
kamikaze135 posted...
What does Smash 4 have that Ultimate doesn't?

Mod support.

Ultimate's been modded before release, expect it to dethrone 4's modding scene.

Yeah but does it have
ICE CLIMBER GLITCH
also custom moves
WHY COULD YOU GET THE SAME MOVE MULTIPLE TIMES WHYYYYY PLEASE TELL ME WHYYYYY
SMASHFAQS has convinced me:
Hat Goomba for Smash

User Info: CubeTV

CubeTV
1 month ago#22
legendrider posted...
Isn’t it sad that Sm4sh on the 3DS will have more traction than Sm4sh on the WiiU?

Not at all. Smash 4 3DS is not trying to be like the other Smash games because it kinda can't when it's limited to a handheld only so instead it's just its own beaat entirely. The 3DS version actually rolled with its ideas of customization and did it decently outside the random aspect of unlocking the customs themselves (a criticism that can also apply to the WiiU verson). The lack of truly dedicated competitive play in the 3DS version works in the games favor because it means you can at least focus on the custom moves, which you can make for better use in Smash to to get more equipment to make a very silly VS battle, then go back to Smash Run or Classic Mode and unlock more moves and trophies because it's not trying so hard to "be better than Melee/Brawl" like the WiiU version did.

There's also the stages which I feel like are generally just overall better than the WiiU version, then there's Classic Moxe which is just... dumb on the WiiU version. Why hype up a feature when it barely even works in the first place? Heck that can apply to most of the WiiU exclusive modes like Smash Tour, Stage Builder (good luck with the unploshed drawing detection), and Master/Crazy Orders (VS matches to make the obnoxious custom move unlocking less obnoxious when the custom moves shouln't even be obnoxious to unlock to begin with).

I actually really like Smash 4 3DS and always found it better than the Smash 4 WiiU version.

kamikaze135 posted...

The oh so amazing WiiU gamepad. hahaha.

User Info: SilentDarkway

SilentDarkway
1 month ago#23
CubeTV posted...
I actually really like Smash 4 3DS and always found it better than the Smash 4 WiiU version.

User Info: DavCube

DavCube
1 month ago#24
It was already dead to most people. The online is absolutely barren, you can't get a match.
http://backloggery.com/davcube

User Info: GrooseKirby

GrooseKirby
1 month ago#25
SilentDarkway posted...
CubeTV posted...

IMO Smash Run is the 2nd most fun mode aside from SSE
Official Jack Atlas of the Nintendo Switch Board. Watch Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's
Bandana Dee is now Bandana Dead. Type f in the chat to pay respects.

User Info: blazingsonic

blazingsonic
1 month ago#26
Well I can't take my Switch everywhere and 3DS fits in my pocket so.........

User Info: DrummerShane12

DrummerShane12
1 month ago#27
notok posted...
SilentDarkway posted...
felica posted...
kamikaze135 posted...

Mod support.

Ultimate's been modded before release, expect it to dethrone 4's modding scene.

Yeah but does it have
ICE CLIMBER GLITCH
also custom moves
WHY COULD YOU GET THE SAME MOVE MULTIPLE TIMES WHYYYYY PLEASE TELL ME WHYYYYY

Just looked up info on custom moves. So what are they doing in place of that? Does each character now have less moves? I never played enough of smash 4 to get into custom moves. Is this a big deal?

User Info: Jack_the_monke7

Jack_the_monke7
1 month ago#28
No, but it’s even closer to that status than any prior Smash game.

When Melee came out, at least 64 still had wildly different physics and mostly different stages.

When Brawl came out, Melee still had its one-sitting Adventure mode, plenty of stages that were cut, 5 cut characters, and of course the competitive scene.

When Smash 4 came out, Brawl still had SSE, a whole bunch of stages, and 6 cut characters.

With Ultimate out, what does Smash 4 have? Solo Charizard, like 3 stages, Master Orders, trophies, and Smash Tour/Run? We’ve already seen the trophies. The physics are more similar than ever before and every character from Smash 4 is back, plus all the cut ones, plus new ones. The stage situation isn’t even comparable. Smash 4 isn’t completely invalidated, but Ultimate used it as a base to improve all around and I think there are less differences than ever before to go back for.
King Boo for Super Smash Bros!
StarD86 is forever my hero

User Info: SilentDarkway

SilentDarkway
1 month ago#29
DavCube posted...
It was already dead to most people. The online is absolutely barren, you can't get a match.

You can get a match in Smash 4...it's just usually with the same 20 people.

User Info: MechaFlo

MechaFlo
1 month ago#30
Yes. Only reason I could think to go back is if I wanted to fight the classic mode end boss again for some reason, the one after master/crazy hand if you're on a high enough difficulty.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Is Smash 4 dead and irrelevant to you at this point?
  • Topic Archived