• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Look at this 1/10 Smash 64 review from 1999...lol

User Info: TheMindGamer

TheMindGamer
1 month ago#31
Godly_Goof posted...
Cybersai posted...
Lankyizhere posted...
This is gold in written form.

Ironically the way he writes sounds a lot like some of the users on here today when they complain about Ultimate.

LOL

18 years later nothing changes.

What do you expect? Stupidity never evolves, it just gets worse

I wouldn't say it gets worse, either. It's just a constant.
http://archiveofourown.org/users/TheMindGamer
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l290/TheMindGamer/Thespinnerisawesome.jpg

User Info: McLahey

McLahey
1 month ago#32
Cybersai posted...
Lankyizhere posted...
This is gold in written form.

Ironically the way he writes sounds a lot like some of the users on here today when they complain about Ultimate.

LOL

18 years later nothing changes.

No kidding. Compare this:

"You see, while there are 12 fat-heads to play with, four of which are hidden characters like Luigi or Captain Falcon (from StarFox), the control configuration is of the one-button-fits all variety. That is to say, the same button-combos work the same magic for each and every character. Nintendo says this 'convenient system allows you to switch easily between characters without having to get the hang of basic moves all over again.' That's a load of crap.

It's Nintendo's clever way of covering for the sloth at HAL Laboratories, the developers who appear to be too lazy to add any kind of depth to an already desperately shallow game."

To this:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77266745
Clear skies. Today, I weeded the fields. Work went well.

User Info: Cybersai

Cybersai
1 month ago#33
To be fair Captain Falcon is kinda a Starfox character, the two franchises have had subtle crossovers, lol

User Info: Aegix_Drakan

Aegix_Drakan
1 month ago#34
Wow. This was actually pretty amusing.

I love when people whine when a game cleverly makes itself more accessible so you don't have to spend 30 hours in training mode committing long combos to muscle memory in order to start having fun. And by love, I mean scorn.

I hate fighting games where unless you put in those 30 hours of training, you stand no chance. Doubly so if the game has super long combos and no way to break out of them so you spend half the match just staring at the screen waiting for your opponent to finish their combo so you can attempt to play. Lookin' at YOU, Marvel Versus Capcom 3.
I make RPGs for a hobby. Feel free to give 'em a whirl if you like a challenge.
https://rpgmaker.net/users/Aegix_Drakan/games/

User Info: keba-b

keba-b
1 month ago#35
Cybersai posted...
The review also says Smash 64 isn't a fighting game because there's no life bars, lol

Where?
imo

User Info: AMicrowave

AMicrowave
1 month ago#36
keba-b posted...
Cybersai posted...
The review also says Smash 64 isn't a fighting game because there's no life bars, lol

Where?

I'll ask this too since I couldn't find that part with ctrl f
My friend code: 2105-9675-6390
You just got MICROWAVED!!!!

User Info: MadTim

MadTim
1 month ago#37
He played it alone. With out friends to play it with, Smash 64 is trash. Especially to someone who was probably in his mid 20’s or older at the time of review. 10 year old me probably could of found joy in solo smash 64 but me now could not. There’s not enough in the game for solo enjoyment.
The game was a blast to go spend the night with friends and play until 3am though.
I think it’s a valid opinion and you can agree or not, it’s still just one mans opinion.
"I'm not doing it because all the cool kids are doing it, I'm doing it because I'm a cool kid."

User Info: toadfan64

toadfan64
1 month ago#38
I think I still have my 3/10 review for Wind Waker somewhere from back in 2005, lol.
Brawl FC - 5412-9555-6314
Also known as Toadfan64

User Info: cody316

cody316
1 month ago#39
The more things change, huh?
Melancholy Mortician Mastermind
PSN: wdh316-=-=-=-=-=-Join the Cult of Cody's Hat Today!

User Info: Chaos-15

Chaos-15
1 month ago#40
[Editor's Note: Yes, we know.]
Accept Madoka as your new God.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Look at this 1/10 Smash 64 review from 1999...lol
  • Topic Archived