• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Ikenna

Ikenna
1 month ago#31
Toadkart posted...
BoxShark997 posted...
The pre release discussions/era was probably better than the game itself.

That's how it always is. It's hard for a game that we hype up so much to live up to our expectations.

I didn't even hype it up that much. I was hoping Ultimate would keep up the pace of new content like Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4 did. It should have been irrefutably a new, fresh sequel to transition to.
I'm a Mii Swordfighter main. The Xenoblade Chronicles X avatar protagonist AKA Cross is my most wanted character for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

User Info: bnui_ransder

bnui_ransder
1 month ago#32
I hated it because my computer is still dead and I'm building houses and that takes up a lot of time
http://bnuiransder.tumblr.com/
So much A R T

User Info: CubeTV

CubeTV
1 month ago#33
Slightly hyped than Brawl but that's intentional on my part so I don't get overhyped to insanity.
More hyped than Smash 4 3DS.
Infinitely more hyped than Smash 4 WiiU.

Been here (on Gamefaqs) for 10 years and this Smash Ultimate hype train was a nice reminder why I joined in the first place so I can have more people to talk Smash to. It's been nice to have something to look forward to like coming here lurking if I'm down then seeing all the hype and salt (which needs some french fries), seen a few familiar names which has been nice. Maybe I can challenge them.

I liked it.

User Info: quintonshark163

quintonshark163
1 month ago#34
RescueKuck posted...
It's been a mess but a fun mess.
Met some really nice people during it, I don't regret it one bit.
FC: 4554-0551-0272 | IGN: TheHungryBox
The Pokemon Meta is BS because power creep. i had been grinched by the Grinch Leak lol. The Government is stupid AF

User Info: SilentSeph

SilentSeph
1 month ago#35
I miss Brawl's pre-release. I actually was excited to go to the Smash Bros. website everyday after school and see the new post of the day.

4's was pretty fun too. I still remember the fake leaks like it was yesterday. Ultimate's was ok. I think it petered out faster due to the heavy hitting characters being revealed so soon.
Delicious and vicious, while maliciously nutritious.

User Info: Lankyizhere

Lankyizhere
1 month ago#36
Yes so many Incineroar haters had their egos absolutely obliterated. Same with K Rool and Ridley haters.

This Pre-release was fantastic.
Official Incineroar of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Board.
I feast on your tears. Believe in the Grant KirkHope Leak: https://imgur.com/a/Afhj1qo

User Info: BoxShark997

BoxShark997
1 month ago#37
I think my most hyped game was Brawl (Because of Sonic), but I wasn't really browsing discussion boards back then. This hype cycle was definitely better than 4 imo.

User Info: GallantChaddymn

GallantChaddymn
1 month ago#38
Up until simon was revealed it was amazing.
Then it went to s***, not because of what we got but because it yave rise to pwople b****ing about isaac and Skullkid amd a storm of fake leaks.

The fanbase spiraled into urealistic expectations and stupidity, willfully throwing logic and reason out the window.
More than ever, i think it showed the danger of hype cycles spiralling out of control.
"Sony's not a Japanese company anymore just America's dog."
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9212646.html

User Info: Wetterdew

Wetterdew
1 month ago#39
I don't think the game lives up to the hype.
Touch fuzzy get dizzy.

User Info: JimmyFraska

JimmyFraska
1 month ago#40
That August direct was insanely exciting.
  • Topic Archived