• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Single player disappointing this time around

User Info: firedoom666

firedoom666
1 month ago#61
legendrider posted...
The REAL tradegy is the superior unique mode of Sm4sh, Smash Run, is 3DS exclusive. I’m glad Smash Tour isn’t back, but Smash Run, with actual interaction with characters (like Kirby Air Ride) would have been fun.

I can agree with this, since Smash Run is the best mode to ever be in Smash

though I personally would not consider it a Single Player mode, since most the time I played with 3 other players
The Duke of Gravity in Smash Bros Big Brother!
Chibi-Robo for Smash Ultimate! SmashBurb was right about the number of Stages!

User Info: MOV_Games

MOV_Games
1 month ago#62
The loss of Smash Run, Home Run and Trophies are the big three losses for me, I was hoping that "Ultimate" covered more than just the characters and the majority of the stages/music.

Oh well, at least it's still more single player content than a handful of other certain franchises have these days.

User Info: notok

notok
1 month ago#63
Is it possible to mod in Smash Run on the Wii U and in Ultimate?
SMASHFAQS has convinced me:
Hat Goomba for Smash

User Info: senokpersonnel

senokpersonnel
1 month ago#64
i don't care anymore as long as it's not smash run on the same map every time, no plot whatsoever, and whatever 4's classic mode was.
you reposted in the wrong hill zone.
e: despacito spider. https://i.imgtc.com/tJ91zGU.gif

User Info: quintonshark163

quintonshark163
1 month ago#65
MOV_Games posted...
The loss of Smash Run, Home Run and Trophies are the big three losses for me, I was hoping that "Ultimate" covered more than just the characters and the majority of the stages/music.

Oh well, at least it's still more single player content than a handful of other certain franchises have these days.

this
FC: 4554-0551-0272 | IGN: TheHungryBox
The Pokemon Meta is BS because power creep. i had been grinched by the Grinch Leak lol. The Government is stupid AF

User Info: kamikaze135

kamikaze135
1 month ago#66
WoL is absolutely terrible after a few hours. It's nothing but 100+ battles with random rules in place. No real story either. I've only seen one cut-scene, which is the one we already saw when all the characters disappeared. Battles get boring as hell and repetitive.
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden

User Info: BrerOswald

BrerOswald
1 month ago#67
Still better than 4.
#1 resident Disney Parks expert on GameFAQs

User Info: CapnMuffin

CapnMuffin
1 month ago#68
kamikaze135 posted...
WoL is absolutely terrible after a few hours. It's nothing but 100+ battles with random rules in place. No real story either. I've only seen one cut-scene, which is the one we already saw when all the characters disappeared. Battles get boring as hell and repetitive.

From what Game Explain says there are spirits specifically made to cancel out the gimmick. There’s even an option to auto equip the required spirit. So it almost becomes just a bunch of regular matches unless you choose to handicap yourself.
"its okay a lizard ate me and elucidated my fate" - MJ_Max on Dark Souls
3DSFC : 0860-3930-2170 | NNID : CapnMuffin | XBGT : Capn Muffin

User Info: MasterWeasel

MasterWeasel
1 month ago#69
CapnMuffin posted...
kamikaze135 posted...

From what Game Explain says there are spirits specifically made to cancel out the gimmick. There’s even an option to auto equip the required spirit. So it almost becomes just a bunch of regular matches unless you choose to handicap yourself.

Exactly. Unless you start nullifying the gimmicks and special conditions that make each battle unique at every opportunity, I don’t see how it can get boring and repetitive. I know I won’t be doing that unless I’m having a hard time winning a particular match.

User Info: xbs2034

xbs2034
1 month ago#70
kamikaze135 posted...

The thing I worry about is that it's stretched to 20+ hours, with apparently little story and maxing out progrsssion midway through.
That must mean a lot of filler and fighting the same characters over and over (I'm sure it's way over 100 fights, cause 100 fights with little story should be doable in like 4 hours).
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Single player disappointing this time around
  • Topic Archived