• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Single player disappointing this time around

User Info: CapnMuffin

CapnMuffin
1 week ago#1
People call WOL glorified Event Mode but in reality it’s not even that. Every “event” mission is to just KO the character. Events actually often had unique goals. It’s more like Master Orders but with a map.

So no Events, no Target/Homerun. And with WOL lacking platforming and having a fairly modest boss list...I’m starting to feel disappointment creep in.

Don’t get me wrong. For actual Smashing this game is unparalleled. But until my kids are older and can game with me I think I won’t be playing this too much. What a bummer.
"its okay a lizard ate me and elucidated my fate" - MJ_Max on Dark Souls
3DSFC : 0860-3930-2170 | NNID : CapnMuffin | XBGT : Capn Muffin

User Info: firedoom666

firedoom666
1 week ago#2
We have not had a good target mode since Melee, and homerun mode has never been fun.

And I see you forgot to mention how Ultimate has the best Classic Mode in all of Smash history
The Duke of Gravity in Smash Bros Big Brother!
Chibi-Robo for Smash Ultimate! SmashBurb was right about the number of Stages!

User Info: Reverted_Pikkon

Reverted_Pikkon
1 week ago#3
There is platforming in WoL.

User Info: MrPerson01

MrPerson01
1 week ago#4
firedoom666 posted...
And I see you forgot to mention how Ultimate has the best Classic Mode in all of Smash history

Stages are good, but eh, I preferred it when you could choose your difficulty from the start along with how many lives you started with.

User Info: NiteXp

NiteXp
1 week ago#5
Sm4sh's exists.

User Info: CapnMuffin

CapnMuffin
1 week ago#6
firedoom666 posted...
We have not had a good target mode since Melee, and homerun mode has never been fun.

Hard disagree there but lucky you that you won’t miss them. 🤷‍♂

Classic Mode is indeed awesome here but the mode itself is a staple. So good thing it wasn’t cut like other modes. Also part of the fun for me playing Classic was collecting the trophies, but alas....
"its okay a lizard ate me and elucidated my fate" - MJ_Max on Dark Souls
3DSFC : 0860-3930-2170 | NNID : CapnMuffin | XBGT : Capn Muffin

User Info: hitens

hitens
1 week ago#7
Lol single player
If you respond to someone you previously said you ignored, you're a coward with no willpower.

User Info: quintonshark163

quintonshark163
1 week ago#8
Reverted_Pikkon posted...

he's talking about as in Adventure Mode in Melee, SSE in brawl and Smash Run in Smash 4 (3DS)
FC: 4554-0551-0272 | IGN: TheHungryBox
The Pokemon Meta is BS because power creep. i had been grinched by the Grinch Leak lol. The Government is stupid AF

User Info: Reverted_Pikkon

Reverted_Pikkon
1 week ago#9
quintonshark163 posted...

he's talking about as in Adventure Mode in Melee, SSE in brawl and Smash Run in Smash 4 (3DS)

I know. No spoilers, but it's in there. I've seen it.

User Info: Gamespoht

Gamespoht
1 week ago#10
quintonshark163 posted...

I know. No spoilers, but it's in there. I've seen it.

I've seen it too, it does not compare to any of the previous modes at all, just a spruced up Race to the finish
''No copyright law in the universe is going to stop me''-Sonic The Hedgehog
I am Gamespot's Unofficial Mascot....Love Me.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Single player disappointing this time around
  • Topic Archived