• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Spirits don't have descriptions

User Info: FireJoeGirardi

FireJoeGirardi
1 week ago#1
Those who say "Spirits are just trophies anyway so don't be upset they're gone" are full of it. It's literally just artwork I could easily google if I wanted to. No effort was put into them at all.

Sm4sh might actually be the better game. Custom moves, stadium modes, all-star mode, trophies, custom stage builder, etc. Ultimate just seems incomplete.

"But the roster! The roster that if you discount everybody already available in Sm4sh is just a bunch of clones and echos + 5 uniques!"

User Info: DeZAnicestguy

DeZAnicestguy
1 week ago#2
Kinda weird how sakurai straight up admitted he couldnt be bothered making trophies for ultimate cause it took too much effort.

Bro we paying u our hard earned cash

User Info: SupahJD

SupahJD
1 week ago#3
Yeah... it does kinda suck. Like, really suck.

WOL feels so...forced. We lost a ton of good for a glorified event mode.

User Info: Triforceformer

Triforceformer
1 week ago#4
Yeah lemme go play as Ridley and Snake in Smash 4. Roster is still THE most important part of a game like this and Smash Ultimate hit it out of the park, alongside strong singleplayer content. It's not a wide variety but "Souped up Event Mode with cutscenes" and "Classic Mode worth a damn again and for over 70 fighters" are more than enough.

All that stuff you listed besides Trophies and Stage builder was expendable fluff that can still come back later on in free updates because of how small it is. Maybe even Stage Builder could be an update eventually. Except custom moves, f*** them and spit on their grave.
TC is trying way too hard. You have to be more subtle with your initial trolling effort, then let it escalate. Look at what saLUEtes does and copy him. - arleas

User Info: Triforceformer

Triforceformer
1 week ago#5
DeZAnicestguy posted...
Kinda weird how sakurai straight up admitted he couldnt be bothered making trophies for ultimate cause it took too much effort.

Bro we paying u our hard earned cash

Do you want Trophies or do you want this roster + what Adventure Mode they could create?
TC is trying way too hard. You have to be more subtle with your initial trolling effort, then let it escalate. Look at what saLUEtes does and copy him. - arleas

User Info: CuterChihuahua2

CuterChihuahua2
1 week ago#6
Well said TC.

I guess Sakurai can't be arsed to represent Nintendo's history in Smash Bros, a nintendo game, anymore.
GameFAQs is a lot of fun, even if we fight.
I STILL LOVE LANA. Join my discord, its SFW: https://discord.gg/AwbJzCa

User Info: SupahJD

SupahJD
1 week ago#7
For those asking.

Yes. I'd rather have stadium, home run, targets, and trophies over WOL.

User Info: Toadounet

Toadounet
1 week ago#8
Not having descriptions for Spirits is one of the most disappointing thing for me, yeah. I understand for the 3D models, but this wouldn't take too much time, except maybe for the translation team.
I'm the guy with this signature as a sig.

User Info: Pajderman

Pajderman
1 week ago#9
That is bad. The descriptions was what I liked about the trophies.
Not choosing to change a bad situation is the same thing as choosing that bad situation.

User Info: juarmo

juarmo
1 week ago#10
FireJoeGirardi posted...
Those who say "Spirits are just trophies anyway so don't be upset they're gone" are full of it. It's literally just artwork I could easily google if I wanted to. No effort was put into them at all.

Sm4sh might actually be the better game. Custom moves, stadium modes, all-star mode, trophies, custom stage builder, etc. Ultimate just seems incomplete.

"But the roster! The roster that if you discount everybody already available in Sm4sh is just a bunch of clones and echos + 5 uniques!"

Uhh... You can google descriptions of characters too...
At least this way, we can still find out about characters we otherwise would never even hear about and then google them to learn more about them just the same?
Heck, wikia has more data on any one character than you could hope to find on a trophy's description.
Need friends with LR leads and duped category/120% leads.
DBZ Dokkan Battle Friend ID: 2531127953
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Spirits don't have descriptions
  • Topic Archived