• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Anyone else plan on playing with just the JoyCons?

User Info: CriticalFury

CriticalFury
1 week ago#21
1337star posted...
Are real Gamecube controllers compatible with the Switch? I'm assuming not, so then yes. I'm not buying an entirely different controller for one game.

Yes they work for the switch. You just need to get one of the new gamecube controller adapters that came out recently or if you have the wii u version of the gamecube controller adapter; it is also compatible to use.
"They say I can't lose, I say you can't win."- Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!

User Info: 1337star

1337star
1 week ago#22
CriticalFury posted...
1337star posted...
Are real Gamecube controllers compatible with the Switch? I'm assuming not, so then yes. I'm not buying an entirely different controller for one game.

Yes they work for the switch. You just need to get one of the new gamecube controller adapters that came out recently or if you have the wii u version of the gamecube controller adapter; it is also compatible to use.

Ah, there's the rub. I figured it wouldn't have out of the box Gamecube support. Joycons for me then.
Vergeben was right about Ken and Incineroar.
Will close my account if he was right about Minecraft content and SE DLC.

User Info: megaxleox

megaxleox
1 week ago#23
Me but it's not big deal tbh.
Smash is not the kind of game you have to get an expensive special controller to play it or something.

It's just competitive players drool over the gamecube pad more than they should but that's it.
Geno Supporter for Smash.
I wish I could change my username.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Anyone else plan on playing with just the JoyCons?
  • Topic Archived