• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Vergeben now that Nintendo is choosing the DLC, what about the Square rep?

User Info: Tabbender

Tabbender
9 months ago#41
Lol, i actually think the 5 DLC we're getting are 3rd party characters. It would make sense

User Info: Kyoni

Kyoni
9 months ago#42
The DLC is coming in packs and each of them are going to include the character with the representing music and stage. Given what Vergeben says, Minecraft is going to be included somehow and I don't think any character from that game is gonna be DLC though if that WAS the case I don't think the fighters are going to be available outside of the packs

Sakurai DID say that Mii costumes and spirits were going to be included in the Fighters Pass.

With that said, I think Minecraft is is going to be represented as a couple of Mii costumes or spirits

User Info: BrerOswald

BrerOswald
9 months ago#43
DuranmanX4 posted...
TourianTourist posted...
A stage is the bare minimum, but since the DLC comes in packs of a stage, a fighter and some music, Steve feels very likely as a new character.

I just don't see him as a viable choice for character, especially compared to other Microsoft reps, but I admittedly know little about Minecraft so maybe he would be a perfect rep

Apparently Steve did well on the ballot. This is the reason I’m positive that Steve and Banjo could both happen. You have the SE rep (who is more than likely Geno, but could be a Dragon Quest character). You have the Capcom Rep (Monster Hunter). And then you have the wildcard who could be anything from a new Nintendo character, to Rayman, to a second SE rep, to even someone like Katalina.
#1 resident Disney Parks expert on GameFAQs

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
9 months ago#44
BrerOswald posted...
Apparently Steve did well on the ballot.

Sakurai isn't choosing the characters, Nintendo is, and I doubt that means they are picking ballot choices
Retail PS4, VITA, Wii U, 3DS and Switch games (2013-2018):
https://i.imgur.com/vPM5YTU.jpg https://i.imgur.com/Lhh37vL.jpg https://i.imgur.com/QIzEm7d.jpg

User Info: TourianTourist

TourianTourist
9 months ago#45
Kyoni posted...
Sakurai DID say that Mii costumes and spirits were going to be included in the Fighters Pass.

Source?

First time I'm hearing this.
It's a secret to everybody!
Official Zero Suit Samus of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Board.

Kyoni
9 months ago#46
It was in the last Smash Ultimate Direct

User Info: TourianTourist

TourianTourist
9 months ago#47
Kyoni posted...

I watched that. Twice. He only mentioned the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 stuff, where the Spirits are already in the base game and the Rex outfit is a bonus for the Fighter Pass. It's the only announced DLC Mii outfit, however. So, you're probably mistaken.

Don't expect Minecraft to only become a costume or a Spirit. The game is too big for that, it's easily the most important 3rd party addition as of yet. I would be very surprised, if they wrote it off like that.
It's a secret to everybody!
Official Zero Suit Samus of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Board.

User Info: CaptFalconhoof

CaptFalconhoof
9 months ago#48
kazoka122 posted...
You know Verge, you say that there will be some sort of Minecraft content but since these DLC packs come with a character and a stage, doesn't that mean Steve is basically happening?

Nintendo never said we arent getting mii costume dlc or standalone stages dlc

User Info: BrerOswald

BrerOswald
9 months ago#49
DuranmanX4 posted...
BrerOswald posted...
Apparently Steve did well on the ballot.

Sakurai isn't choosing the characters, Nintendo is, and I doubt that means they are picking ballot choices

Nintendo wants the DLC to sell well. Wouldn’t it make more sense to choose ballot picks since you can already figure out the amount of sales you’d make off of each character ahead of time? Nintendo isn’t going to choose unwanted characters. That would tank the DLC sales and make them loose out on a potential jackpot.
#1 resident Disney Parks expert on GameFAQs

Kyoni
9 months ago#50
TourianTourist posted...
Kyoni posted...

I watched that. Twice. He only mentioned the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 stuff, where the Spirits are already in the base game and the Rex outfit is a bonus for the Fighter Pass. It's the only announced DLC Mii outfit, however. So, you're probably mistaken.

Don't expect Minecraft to only become a costume or a Spirit. The game is too big for that, it's easily the most important 3rd party addition as of yet. I would be very surprised, if they wrote it off like that.

I doubt they would make Rex the only DLC Mii costume.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Vergeben now that Nintendo is choosing the DLC, what about the Square rep?
  • Topic Archived