• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Vergeben now that Nintendo is choosing the DLC, what about the Square rep?

User Info: RayThrust

RayThrust
8 months ago#31
BrerOswald posted...
Where are people getting this little to no third parties thing from?

Stupid assumptions.

User Info: ManzhGamer89

ManzhGamer89
8 months ago#32
Skull Kid is an Assist Trophy.

User Info: Vergeben

Vergeben
8 months ago#33
ILIKECEREALX posted...
Friendly reminder that the Verge has tagging disabled. (This ain't Beetlejuice, he isn't gonna pop up if you say his name a certain number of times.)

The only way he's going to look at this thread is if he happens to be lurking while it's near the top of the list of active topics. So keep it afloat, I say.

+1 for your reference
- Everything to the TC assuming what Sakurai said meant that the characters were only going to be from Nintendo's library entirely. That's not at all whatsoever what was said. You should try to box someday with that reach you have.

ArmedDragoon posted...
"It doesn't change anything, I already said we were 100% getting a SE rep according to my sources a dozen times and that's not going to suddenly change because Sakurai made a tweet. Stop @ing me." - Vergeben

There you go TC, I gave you his inevitable answer in advance. If he learned any updated information he'd have made a topic about it.

It's accurate enough to what my response would have been.
I don't use 4chan. I use: GameFAQs (Vergeben), reddit (DasVergeben), 8WayRun (Vergeben), and eventhubs (Vergeben)
If you see me posting elsewhere it's not me.

User Info: kazoka122

kazoka122
8 months ago#34
You know Verge, you say that there will be some sort of Minecraft content but since these DLC packs come with a character and a stage, doesn't that mean Steve is basically happening?

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
8 months ago#35
kazoka122 posted...
You know Verge, you say that there will be some sort of Minecraft content but since these DLC packs come with a character and a stage, doesn't that mean Steve is basically happening?

could be a sticker or a stage
Retail PS4, VITA, Wii U, 3DS and Switch games (2013-2018):
https://i.imgur.com/vPM5YTU.jpg https://i.imgur.com/Lhh37vL.jpg https://i.imgur.com/QIzEm7d.jpg

User Info: kazoka122

kazoka122
8 months ago#36
DuranmanX4 posted...
kazoka122 posted...

Like a stage in the base game? Or DLC? And yeah, a spirit makes sense I guess.

User Info: TourianTourist

TourianTourist
8 months ago#37
Keep in mind that Nintendo has many cooperations with Square Enix, where they might be interested in putting something of that in Smash:

- Bravely Default / Second
- Octopath Traveller
- Dragon Quest

All of this could still be eligible.

DuranmanX4 posted...
kazoka122 posted...

Minecraft is huuuuuge. The most successful game of all time after Tetris. Nintendo loves Minecraft. Sakurai loves Minecraft. They won't just include Minecraft content to put in another Spirit next to Shantae.

A stage is the bare minimum, but since the DLC comes in packs of a stage, a fighter and some music, Steve feels very likely as a new character.
It's a secret to everybody!
Official Zero Suit Samus of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Board.

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
8 months ago#38
TourianTourist posted...
A stage is the bare minimum, but since the DLC comes in packs of a stage, a fighter and some music, Steve feels very likely as a new character.

I just don't see him as a viable choice for character, especially compared to other Microsoft reps, but I admittedly know little about Minecraft so maybe he would be a perfect rep
Retail PS4, VITA, Wii U, 3DS and Switch games (2013-2018):
https://i.imgur.com/vPM5YTU.jpg https://i.imgur.com/Lhh37vL.jpg https://i.imgur.com/QIzEm7d.jpg

User Info: MrAntike184

MrAntike184
8 months ago#39
Cybersai posted...
GrooseKirby posted...
BrerOswald posted...
Where are people getting this little to no third parties thing from?

Thank you. Sakurai said that Nintendo chose them, not that all of the characters belonged to Nintendo.

They're unlikely going for third party picks over their own

What a dumbass assumption to make. I would expect nothing less from you.
Official King K. Rool of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board

User Info: TourianTourist

TourianTourist
8 months ago#40
DuranmanX4 posted...
I just don't see him as a viable choice for character, especially compared to other Microsoft reps, but I admittedly know little about Minecraft so maybe he would be a perfect rep

Keep in mind that this isn't about Microsoft, it's about Minecraft. Microsoft just so happens to own the franchise. But Nintendo doesn't care about Master Chief or whatever. They probably even don't care much for Banjo-Kazooie outside of maybe getting the game back for a N64 Mini.

They made deals for Minecraft in the past and even have a Creeper New 2DS XL out there... Minecraft is a gaming property, where Nintendo is very interested in and for good reasons.

Even if there is another M$ character in the DLC, he would come with his own stage. Or do you think that they would put the Master Chief or Banjo in a Minecraft level? So, the Minecraft stage would certainly be separate in its own DLC pack, which just so happens to come with a fighter as well...
It's a secret to everybody!
Official Zero Suit Samus of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Board.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Vergeben now that Nintendo is choosing the DLC, what about the Square rep?
  • Topic Archived