• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Theory: Minecraft is gonna get a DLC Pack (Vergeben pls reply to this)

User Info: SnakeManEthan

SnakeManEthan
2 weeks ago#1
Vergeben, our #1 leaker whether you guys like it or not has been saying stuff regarding Minecraft back when Ultimate was in its early stages of speculation. In fact the Minecraft claim was back in one of his first leaks about Smash and he's still confident there's gonna be content. What's questioning though is that he cant say for sure what kind of MC related content we are getting. He says something along the lines of a stage, assist trophy, music, items, or possibly...... a character. Could it be that the reason he isn't too sure about what the content contains is because MC is a planned DLC pack with Steve, an MC Stage, and MC remixed music? Vergeben, since we already got the Fighters Pass confirmed today, do your sources have any news regarding if the content really is a Minecraft DLC Pack? or do you think it will be something else, like a Mii costume?

User Info: Don_Dondon

Don_Dondon
2 weeks ago#2
@Vergeben what say you

Also TC I feel like he wouldn’t have known about DLC, didn’t he say that before he said about Incineroar?
Official Gooey of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Board
Call me Proto, I can't change this

User Info: TourianTourist

TourianTourist
2 weeks ago#3
Fully agreed.
It's a secret to everybody!
Official Zero Suit Samus of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Board.

User Info: Vergeben

Vergeben
2 weeks ago#4
I should probably state that Senjougahara__Hitagi (who has a great track record if you look into them on reddit, and is someone I talk to and crosscheck things with since we have met) has heard the same things for Smash that I have.
The only difference in our information has been them hearing that Steve from Minecraft will be playable and discussions with Cygames were happening to get a Granblue Fantasy character (which seems to be Katalina in particular) into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

While I cannot personally back those two things on my end yet from my personal sources, what we can do is consider adding up what I have heard and put out for SSBU combined with what Hitagi heard and has said, which could point us in a direction that reveals that 3 out of the 5 DLC characters seem to be
The Square Enix character. I can vouch is definitely happening and the first DLC character at that.

Steve from Minecraft. Minecraft discussions happened that lead to my knowledge that content is planned to be present. I have been told it could be an AT, stage, item, or "possibly" a character. It looks like character, stage, and theme will be how if what Hitagi has heard is accurate. At this point, I do not doubt it much.

Cygames' Granblue Fantasy getting a guest character (Katalina mentioned by name)
This comes from Hitagi as I have said. But they seemed confident that the discussions happened on a serious level.
I don't use 4chan. I use: GameFAQs (Vergeben), reddit (DasVergeben), 8WayRun (Vergeben), and eventhubs (Vergeben)
If you see me posting elsewhere it's not me.

User Info: Thunder84

Thunder84
2 weeks ago#5
Vergeben posted...
I should probably state that Senjougahara__Hitagi (who has a great track record if you look into them on reddit, and is someone I talk to and crosscheck things with since we have met) has heard the same things for Smash that I have.
The only difference in our information has been them hearing that Steve from Minecraft will be playable and discussions with Cygames were happening to get a Granblue Fantasy character (which seems to be Katalina in particular) into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

While I cannot personally back those two things on my end yet from my personal sources, what we can do is consider adding up what I have heard and put out for SSBU combined with what Hitagi heard and has said, which could point us in a direction that reveals that 3 out of the 5 DLC characters seem to be
The Square Enix character. I can vouch is definitely happening and the first DLC character at that.

Steve from Minecraft. Minecraft discussions happened that lead to my knowledge that content is planned to be present. I have been told it could be an AT, stage, item, or "possibly" a character. It looks like character, stage, and theme will be how if what Hitagi has heard is accurate. At this point, I do not doubt it much.

Cygames' Granblue Fantasy getting a guest character (Katalina mentioned by name)
This comes from Hitagi as I have said. But they seemed confident that the discussions happened on a serious level.

Thanks for the info. I know you can’t reveal the Squeenix character, but do you have an idea of when it’ll come out next year?
(message deleted)

User Info: SleepyPyukumuku

SleepyPyukumuku
2 weeks ago#7
Vergeben posted...

Now I’m scared Bandana Dee won’t be in :(
The REAL Official #1 supporter of Bandana Dee.

User Info: Punkachu98

Punkachu98
2 weeks ago#8
Man, a Granblue character would suck...

And the character mentioned would be another sword fighter, too...

Welp, if the Grinch leak taught me anything:

Sounds good! = fake

Ew why = real

So in other words, expect to see Lara Croft, Katalina, an Enderman, Tingle, and Waluigette as playable DLC characters. You heard it here first, folks.
I'm sorry, WHAT.
I was grinched by the grinch leak. And I'm not ashamed.

User Info: Vergeben

Vergeben
2 weeks ago#9
SenselessBreak posted...
Vergeben posted...

Interesting. I messaged Senjou a few weeks ago and he insisted Steve will likely be DLC but said Minecraft will absolutely have some kind of content in the base game.

I could see them adding Minecraft spirits in the base game, but any explanation why Senjou would tell me that Minecraft content will be both DLC AND base?

There might still be. I can't say for sure at the moment, but I have been looking into it and asking on my end if there's any in the base game. Either way Minecraft content is coming to Smash.
I don't use 4chan. I use: GameFAQs (Vergeben), reddit (DasVergeben), 8WayRun (Vergeben), and eventhubs (Vergeben)
If you see me posting elsewhere it's not me.

User Info: iceclimbersFH

iceclimbersFH
2 weeks ago#10
Well, the way the DLC packs seemed to be structured, you pretty much have to have a character/stage/music, do you believe they would even do anything otherwise? The only thing I could possibly see is a mii costume for Steve really.
Wagons
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Theory: Minecraft is gonna get a DLC Pack (Vergeben pls reply to this)
  • Topic Archived