• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Hey Vergeben, regarding the SE character that may or may not be DLC...

User Info: Rosal1naIsBeast

Rosal1naIsBeast
6 months ago#61
Vergeben posted...
TomorrowsArchon posted...
@Vergeben

You haven't discussed anything about Spirits, so I figured it would be a good time to address it and ask this: With Geno appearing as a Spirit in that new mode, does that essentially deconfirm him as a future DLC character for good? What's your opinion on who the second Square Enix rep could be since everyone is in the dark atm?

I have a list of names (some more recurring than others) that have been shared with me, but I don't want to share them since multiple names are being put out to mess with leakers since Square Enix has a strong and intolerant stance against leaks. It doesn't benefit me to share them, and it could possibly get people fired since that's the point of why they are trying to fool their own employees.
Nintendo has been complying to try and keep it under wraps on their end too.
All I can say with certainty is a Square Enix character is definitely coming to the game as DLC as one of the 5 DLC fighters.

Just letting you know I apologize for ever doubting you and I’ll gladly give you some good head to make up for it
NintendoIsBeast. "Dammit,beast D:<" -bopbop66 "Beast is right!" -Yoshi2010
"Beast is proven right yet again."-User728

User Info: Micah_the_wooly

Micah_the_wooly
6 months ago#62
Vergeben posted...
Cylun posted...
Vergeben posted...
t to share them since multiple names are being put out to mess with leakers since Square Enix has a strong and intolerant stance against leaks. It doesn't benefit me to share them, and it could possibly get people fired since that's the point of why they are trying to fool their own employees.
Nintendo has been complying to try and keep it under wraps on their end too.

@Vergeben

OK.
I doubted you before. The case you put for Incineroar was extremely hard to believe,as it really was something you heard from someone who heard something from someone else. I and plenty of other people had no reason to believe you.

But 'incineroar and ken, with no other echoes' would have seemed borderline impossible if you hadn't spoken up about it. You really do talk to people who know their stuff. The fact that you specifically mentioned Isaac as being unplayable (and no one else. All of the other grinch leak characters are in murkier waters) suggests you legitimately did know someone with advanced knowledge of the trailer.

So I'm going to have to ask.

Are these Square enix sources as credible as the people who mentioned Incineroar?

My main Smash sources are the same that say a Square Enix character is coming. So it is happening.
A few outside sources for other things I have wound up hearing about & corroborating Smash things the main Smash sources knew about, and have heard about there being a Square Enix character too.

I don't wanna bother you anymore but can you give any hint as to who the square dlc is. You said some names were being said more so maybe you have some idea?
3DS friend code: 2063-0437-2274

User Info: AntonioS30

AntonioS30
6 months ago#63
Thanks for the information, Vergeben. But, all I wanted to know was how did you know that the Banner Leak is fake, @Vergeben . Look, I know you already said why, but could you please go into a bit more details on this? You just vaguely said Isaac is an AT...
Switch FC: SW-4494-7438-0796

Micah_the_wooly
6 months ago#64
AntonioS30 posted...
Thanks for the information, Vergeben. But, all I wanted to know was how did you know that the Banner Leak is fake, @Vergeben . Look, I know you already said why, but could you please go into a bit more details on this? You just vaguely said Isaac is an AT...

What more does he need? The poster had a playable character that he knew was an AT

User Info: Vergeben

Vergeben
6 months ago#65
CFG posted...
Didn't Verge get Minecraft and SE rep wrong and failed to mention K. Rool or, the only DLC character being worked on, Piranha Plant?

Square Enix character is DLC. Minecraft very likely is too given the situation now.

King K. Rool thing came from a private message I sent to loz18 asking him about something lupensko had sent to me. That's a stupid thing to hang over my head when I even doubted it in the messaged and was only asking if he heard anything like that. It's not my fault loz18 is a dick who only want to start drama.

I knew about Piranha Plant. I avoided posting here because of the way things were. I posted about it on reddit half a day before the direct.
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/9r0ecn/rsmashbros_smash_ultimate_spoiler_discussion/e8trrcc/

Micah_the_wooly posted...
AntonioS30 posted...

What more does he need? The poster had a playable character that he knew was an AT

This summed it up better than I would need to. It directly conflicted with what I knew was true.
I don't use 4chan. I use: GameFAQs (Vergeben), reddit (DasVergeben), 8WayRun (Vergeben), and eventhubs (Vergeben)
If you see me posting elsewhere it's not me.

User Info: Cylun

Cylun
6 months ago#66
CFG posted...
Didn't Verge get Minecraft and SE rep wrong and failed to mention K. Rool or, the only DLC character being worked on, Piranha Plant?

Verge only ever said "maybe some minecraft will be in the game." He said Incineroar was 100%. There's a gulf between these two.

Square is in a weird place in between. He has remained adamant that Square will be in the game, even when we had no clue that DLC was planned in advance and Box theory seemed to be inevitable(and it was later proven correct). I think by this point it's safe to say Verge is probably right.

He also said with no qualifications "isaac will not be playable" and lo and behold, not only do we have confirmation that Isaac is unplayable, but Isaac is the only non-echo explicitly confirmed to be unplayable among the grinch 7. He clearly had to have had advanced knowledge of the Nintendo Direct, even if it was through an intermediary.
Canas123:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ninja Plague:(re: canas 123)I find your lack of faith disturbing

User Info: Crustav

Crustav
6 months ago#67
Man, Vergeben had the last laugh. Should never have doubted him in favour of grinch leak. Lol well played Verg, you’re the real MVP

User Info: WESASTER

WESASTER
6 months ago#68
@Vergeben

You haven't discussed anything about Spirits, so I figured it would be a good time to address it and ask this: With Geno appearing as a Spirit in that new mode, does that essentially deconfirm him as a future DLC character for good? What's your opinion on who the second Square Enix rep could be since everyone is in the dark atm?

Male WFT is also a spirit, being a spirit isnt deconfirmation.

Micah_the_wooly
6 months ago#69
WESASTER posted...
@Vergeben

Male WFT is also a spirit, being a spirit isnt deconfirmation.

And geno isn't a spirit anyway he's an icon

User Info: Cybersai

Cybersai
6 months ago#70
Minecraft better not get a playable character, that's for sure.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Hey Vergeben, regarding the SE character that may or may not be DLC...
  • Topic Archived