• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. What stages do you wish would be tournament legal?

User Info: BigOHenry

BigOHenry
3 months ago#11
All of them.

Adaptation is a core skill to video games. It should be given priority as much as dexterity and reflexes.

User Info: d4rkauras

d4rkauras
3 months ago#12
Ixbran posted...
theyre all gonna have Battlefield and Omega forms, theres no reason all stages shouldnt be tourney legal now.

Not all Omegas will be legal. Some unfortunately can’t be streamed due to copyright issues.
~Reimu Hakurei for Smash Ultimate~
Future best Snake player in Ultimate

User Info: Unknown Force

Unknown Force
3 months ago#13
Rainbow Cruise used to be legal as a counterpick actually.
MvCI Team: Capcom Function/ Marvel Function
#FreeCustomPalutena

User Info: Hello891011

Hello891011
3 months ago#14
Unknown Force posted...

Yep, that’s what I’m hoping it is again.
Most Wanted: Chibi-Robo. Supporting: Jeanne, Dillon, and Crash for Smash Ultimate.
Official Ice Climbers of the Smash Bros. Ultimate Board

User Info: d4rkauras

d4rkauras
3 months ago#15
BigOHenry posted...
All of them.

Adaptation is a core skill to video games. It should be given priority as much as dexterity and reflexes.

That's a really unrealistic perspective for competitive Smash Bros. If we applied "just adapt" to the standard ruleset, no one is actually going to play in tournaments when every match is a Sonic timing someone out on Palutena's Temple.

What I want most out of Ultimate's new ruleset is a much larger and varied legal stage list than what Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4 had, but we have to be realistic with what stages will be in. Not all stages are simply cut out for balanced competitive play that isn't skewed towards very anti-spectator strategies. (camping) The point of legal stages is to let skill, dexterity, and reflexes take center stage instead of people being forced to play the player and the stage. Adaptation is still a factor even when you have a stage list as small as maybe 5 stages. People adapt to different character picks and the playstyles of their opponents.
~Reimu Hakurei for Smash Ultimate~
Future best Snake player in Ultimate

User Info: Unknown Force

Unknown Force
3 months ago#16
Hello891011 posted...
Unknown Force posted...

Yep, that’s what I’m hoping it is again.

Which will never happen again since we know what works for competitive play and what doesn't.
MvCI Team: Capcom Function/ Marvel Function
#FreeCustomPalutena

User Info: Untouch

Untouch
3 months ago#17
Out of the unorthodox picks...
Brinstar
Green Greens
New Donk City
Super Happy Tree
Find Mii
Mushroom Kingdom U
Dracula's Castle

We shouldn't just have flat stages with platforms. Obviously we need to learn how a lot of these stages work with hazards off though.

User Info: BigOHenry

BigOHenry
3 months ago#18
d4rkauras posted...
BigOHenry posted...
All of them.

That's a really unrealistic perspective for competitive Smash Bros. If we applied "just adapt" to the standard ruleset, no one is actually going to play in tournaments when every match is a Sonic timing someone out on Palutena's Temple.

What I want most out of Ultimate's new ruleset is a much larger and varied legal stage list than what Melee, Brawl, and Smash 4 had, but we have to be realistic with what stages will be in. Not all stages are simply cut out for balanced competitive play that isn't skewed towards very anti-spectator strategies. (camping) The point of legal stages is to let skill, dexterity, and reflexes take center stage instead of people being forced to play the player and the stage. Adaptation is still a factor even when you have a stage list as small as maybe 5 stages. People adapt to different character picks and the playstyles of their opponents.

I'm not saying it needs to be a new standard. I'm just saying I think a category of competition should exist where any stage can be picked, and is picked at random. Instead of high competition just being with strict for-glory-esque rules and neutral stages... go ahead and also have competitions having more focus on adaptability vs competing in a very controlled, specific situation.

User Info: DarkKirby2500

DarkKirby2500
3 months ago#19
I would pick stages that are fun to play on for characters with good mobility but nightmares for characters with bad mobility.
The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. They're all complacent sheeple. Passion fights, but reason wins.

User Info: Phoenix_Heart

Phoenix_Heart
3 months ago#20
All of 'em. I like to be able to enjoy all the options in a 60 dollar game I payed for.
0748-2684-5434 3DS FC - Pokemon trainer name: Eclair
How many smogonites does it take to change a light bulb? None, they just ban the bulb for being broken.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. What stages do you wish would be tournament legal?
  • Topic Archived