If the Direct is in later October, do you think that's it for content reveals?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. If the Direct is in later October, do you think that's it for content reveals?

User Info: SmashBro25

SmashBro25
6 days ago#1
If we get a Direct in late October, do you think that will be it for Ultimate pre-release news? That would put us 6-7 weeks out from launch. I feel like if we have one next week there is still room for another reveal / content showcase sometime in November. But if the next news drop is late this month, they'll leave it at that.
SSB4 Mains: Lucario, Jigglypuff, Mario, Mega Man, Ness
SSB4 Secondaries: Mewtwo, Lucas, Corrin, Toon Link, Robin

User Info: DOTBHDD

DOTBHDD
6 days ago#2
Is this what Sakurai meant by slow down on reveals?

Meaning not necessarily slow down on character quantity but the actual time span from one direct to the next?

What he said seemed a little vague.
Yay!

User Info: RawstyleEevee

RawstyleEevee
6 days ago#3
I would not be surprised even if we get a direct next week it could be the final smash direct.

Sakurai wants to avoid leaks and I feel november in general is a risky month for leaks
Official Eevee of the Pokemon X/Y board

User Info: SmashBro25

SmashBro25
6 days ago#4
RawstyleEevee posted...
I would not be surprised even if we get a direct next week it could be the final smash direct.

Sakurai wants to avoid leaks and I feel november in general is a risky month for leaks

Agreed with that. As soon as it "goes gold" (which is not a term Nintendo has ever used, I think) and they start production it's liable for leaks. A lot more sources will have their hands on the game by then.
SSB4 Mains: Lucario, Jigglypuff, Mario, Mega Man, Ness
SSB4 Secondaries: Mewtwo, Lucas, Corrin, Toon Link, Robin

User Info: RandomEncounter

RandomEncounter
6 days ago#5
Depends on how much there would be left to reveal. I'd expect the next info drop to be either the final Smash Direct (if there aren't many characters left) or a standalone reveal (if that's not the case). Two Smash Directs in the little time we have left for release doesn't sound much likely.

User Info: JigglySmash

JigglySmash
6 days ago#6
I still think it would be a Robin-style reveal and that’s it
Call me Peripuff, I use it everywhere but I can't change it here. Thanks ^_^
Official Toadette and 3rd Best User of the Smash Ultimate Board!

User Info: Kantiran

Kantiran
6 days ago#7
Possible, if we are talking Smash specific directs.

If the next direct isn't a Smash direct but for examlple a Pokemon Let's Go direct? I could see them announce a Pokemon for Smash there and do a smash specific direct revealing the rest at some point in later November.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. If the Direct is in later October, do you think that's it for content reveals?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived