• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Really sad about the lack of newcomers and stages

User Info: KingAshnard

KingAshnard
2 months ago#31
Why? After "everyone is here", no one should have been surprised in the least. They've been pretty transparent about all this. People chose to not believe Sakurai's statements on the amount of newcomers and set themselves up for disappointment.

Personally, though, I'm good with it. The sheer amount of content is staggering.
All hail the king of Daein!

User Info: SmashBurb

SmashBurb
2 months ago#32
Aloner posted...
SmashBurb posted...
Aloner posted...
uberking422 posted...
Would you rather still be seeing countless topics of people wringing their hands over Dark Fox's fate today?

Wolf should've been in the 4 DLC. Then barely anyone would care about Everyone is Here.

Snake and IC were only cut for reasons outside of Sakurai's control.

Actually, there is nothing to suggest that Snake was cut for "reasons outside of Sakurai's control".

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132950-Solid-Snake-Unlikely-to-Return-in-Super-Smash-Bros-4-Says-Kojima

Kojima was on the path to irrelevance in Konami at that point and was completely gone by 2015. Konami was trying to downsize operations and cancel series for the duration of Smash 4. Snake was never getting to be DLC even if Sakurai wanted him to.

It doesn't matter.

Sakurai never asked. Snake's cut was a conscious decision. There's not really any way to spin this to make it seem like Snake was originally going to be in SSB4.
People who bested me(?):
https://pastebin.com/7Vq7PBTi

User Info: uberking422

uberking422
2 months ago#33
laquatuss posted...
Cybersai posted...
Maybe trying to bring almost everything back wasn't the best of ideas. There's not much new stuff or levels.

Because of this there's still the idea that the game is a port with minimum extra content

And if they didn’t do this then cutting Duck Hunt would have become the greatest tragedy since Dark Fox.

The point being, you’re taking everything great about this game for granted. If you got things the way you’re asking we’d be fretting over which veterans were getting the axe, just like with Smash 4.

User Info: PeridotEX

PeridotEX
2 months ago#34
Characters? I'm good with.

Stages? A little dissapointing.
Remaining Non-Echo Roster Prediction: Incineroar/Lycanroc, Bandana Dee, Geno.
Official Kamek of the Smash Ultimate board.

User Info: JunDageki

JunDageki
2 months ago#35
KingAshnard posted...
Why? After "everyone is here", no one should have been surprised in the least. They've been pretty transparent about all this. It was people's choice to not believe Sakurai's statements on the amount of newcomers and set themselves up for disappointment.

um...we know, that's what we are talking about, that the whole mass returning stuff affected the new content.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

User Info: Yamato_san

Yamato_san
2 months ago#36
Honestly, this has exceeded my expectations. When Sakurai said not to expect too many newcomers, I took those words to heart and figured that the complete roster of veterans was already more than enough for me, but they went above and beyond even that. Thus far, we have five new unique characters and four new Echoes (nine characters total), with the promise of even more to come in the two months before release. And while the lack of Rainbow Road, Jungle Hijinks, Woolly World, Orbital Gate Assault, Pac-Maze, and vertical scrollers do bum me out a bit, having almost every other stage returning is a huge plus for me. Not only that, but every stage is getting an Omega, a Battlefield, and the option to simply turn the hazards off, which will no doubt appease all the elitists who want to keep Smash as barebones as possible. And to top it all off, there's still the possibility of DLC down the line, so no, the lack of new content doesn't disappoint me one bit. If anything, I find new characters and stages to be a very generous bonus after the initial "Everyone Is Here!" announcement.

Cybersai posted...
We didn't need Pichu, Dr. Mario or Dark Pit.

Young Link could have just been an alt.

Perhaps. Hell, I didn't particularly miss any of the characters who were cut in Brawl (the only unique one of which was Mewtwo, and he sucked in Melee). However, I still think it's nice to have them back for completion purposes (and it's also nice to see the Echo system actually acknowledge characters like Dark Pit to be clones). Also, after being absent for the past two entries, I'm pretty interested in seeing how much Young Link and Pichu might've changed, especially since they don't apparently count as Echoes. Mewtwo was improved significantly in Smash4's DLC, and Roy was de-cloned quite a bit, so I expect quite a few modifications to the last of the Melee returnees.

User Info: guystarwind

guystarwind
2 months ago#37
So far this is looking to be the best Smash out there.
Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there.

User Info: Yamato_san

Yamato_san
2 months ago#38
guystarwind posted...
So far this is looking to be the best Smash out there.

Undoubtedly. All we need is an Adventure Mode, and we're all set. Seriously though, I'm hoping that that green menu button ends up being something good. It would be an absolute travesty to have this complete roster, but not be able to play with any of the characters in some platforming side-game goodness.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Really sad about the lack of newcomers and stages
  • Topic Archived