• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Really sad about the lack of newcomers and stages

User Info: SmashBurb

SmashBurb
3 months ago#11
Aloner posted...
uberking422 posted...
Would you rather still be seeing countless topics of people wringing their hands over Dark Fox's fate today?

Wolf should've been in the 4 DLC. Then barely anyone would care about Everyone is Here.

Snake and IC were only cut for reasons outside of Sakurai's control.

Actually, there is nothing to suggest that Snake was cut for "reasons outside of Sakurai's control".

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/132950-Solid-Snake-Unlikely-to-Return-in-Super-Smash-Bros-4-Says-Kojima
People who bested me(?):
https://pastebin.com/7Vq7PBTi

User Info: Dahaka66

Dahaka66
3 months ago#12
I was initially pretty unsatisfied with the choice, but I've more or less gotten over it by now. 70+ characters and 100+ stages is an absurd amount of variety, even if most of it is old.
3DS Friend Code: 5327-1033-1632

User Info: Abonso

Abonso
3 months ago#13
agreed

>only 4 new stages
>only 4 (5 if you include incineroar) unique newcomers and a semi-clone

wew lad

User Info: JunDageki

JunDageki
3 months ago#14
It's the only part where i find the "everyone is here" gimmick not that worth it, the sacrifice is quite unecessary, it's nice and nostalgic, i love it, but it will get old very soon, like i will roll my eyes if they do that again.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

User Info: Ollievice

Ollievice
3 months ago#15
The Smash series has always had such a legacy that bringing back all of the old stages and characters and tweaking them is good enough to call them new characters for me.

There’s still time for a few more newcomers and a few more stages as well as DLC in the future, Ridley and K.Rool has pleaded a lot of people considering they are the most requested arguably of all time.

Echo fighters and all of the new game mechanics like Stage shifting is also enough for me. The game is going to be huge and a celebration of the series as well as a decent amount of new content is enough for me to be overly pleased with the game.

I can only imagine how impressed and happy complete newcomers to the series are currently feeling and will feel when they get their hands on the game.
Godspeed.

User Info: CheerUpCrewcut

CheerUpCrewcut
3 months ago#16
Abonso posted...
agreed

>only 4 new stages

wew lad

They had to build nearly every stage from the ground up, make Battlefield and Omega forms for every stage, plus Spirits mode whatever that is, which probably has a bunch of stages itself.
And you thought Dante fans were crazy? My most wanted is from a MOTHER Fangame.

User Info: Abonso

Abonso
3 months ago#17
CheerUpCrewcut posted...
Abonso posted...
agreed

>only 4 new stages

wew lad

They had to build nearly every stage from the ground up, make Battlefield and Omega forms for every stage, plus Spirits mode whatever that is, which probably has a bunch of stages itself.

i don't care

User Info: GrovyleTheThief

GrovyleTheThief
3 months ago#18
No, bringing everyone back was the greatest f***king thing ever.
The only things I really wish for *aside from some newcomers* are a stage for K.Rool, (Gangplank Galleon with a stormy Crocodile Isle in the background) and possibly every returning item and stage.
"Take care, John. I was lucky to have known you."

User Info: terrabranford64

terrabranford64
3 months ago#19
Finally. Someone who gets it. I like the enjoyment of surprise newcomers. Not a small amount of ballot result characters
Don chan 4 smash!

User Info: CheerUpCrewcut

CheerUpCrewcut
3 months ago#20
GrovyleTheThief posted...
No, bringing everyone back was the greatest f***king thing ever.
The only things I really wish for is a stage for K.Rool, (Gangplank Galleon with a stormy Crocodile Isle in the background) and possibly every returning item and stage.
And you thought Dante fans were crazy? My most wanted is from a MOTHER Fangame.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Really sad about the lack of newcomers and stages
  • Topic Archived