• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. The Chihuahua Roster. I cut 35 fighters, replace them with other 35. PERFECTION

User Info: CuterChihuahua2

CuterChihuahua2
10 months ago#1
Ever wondered how Smash would look like if it was directed by CuterChihuahua2? Well, you are in luck. I've taken the effort to analyze the current Smash roster, find what sucks about it, and how to fix it. Grab a drink and a snack, sit back and relax, you are in for a ride. Not only you will see my choices, but also explanations for them, leaving no room for doubt!

Removed Unique Newcomers:

-Jigglypuff (Irrelevant Joke Character that has outlived its welcome)
-Dr. Mario (Low effort clone)
-Pichu (See Jiggly)
-Falco (Starfox is not that big of a deal anymore and Fox and Wolf are enough)
-Young link (See Dr. Mario)
-Ganondorf (should be reworked completely)
-Marth (Needs to be removed to give space to other Fire Emblem characters without being biased towards it)
-Roy (Is from Fire Emblem, and also a Clone)
-Snake (Worthless third party from a dead franchise)
-Ike (You are a FE character.... sorry bud. Besides, being a Guts wannabe is sooooo passé)
-Squirtle
-Ivysaur (Nobody missed these guys in Smash 4, they won't be missed again)
-Sonic (Worthless third party)
-Toon Link (See young link)
-Villager (Nintendo wants to shoehorn Isabelle as the face of animal crossing? Fine, but villager is gone)
-Megaman (See Sonic)
-Rosalina (Dislikeable character that is being shoe horned into everygame possible for no reason. Her design is dumb (Just a blue peach) and her playstyle is annoying and the game is better off without her)
-Mii Brawler
-Mii Swordsman
-Mii Gunner (Wasting so much resources in essentially the same character, while at the same time not being loyal to its games)
-Greninja (His 15 minutes of fame are over, time to move on)
-Palutena (Only reason she is in the game is because of Sakurai bias, Kid Icarus is irrelevant again and she should be excised from existance)
-Pac Man (See Megaman)
-Robin (FE character)
-Bowser Jr. (Incredibly minor character that is just a minor annoyance in the games he appears in. Also his moveset is dumb and the car is the real character)
-Ryu (See Pac Man)
-Cloud (See Ryu)
-Corrin (FE character. Also most hated character in the game)
-Bayonetta (See Cloud)
-Simon (See Bayonetta)

Unique characters Removed: 30

Echos removed:
-Dark Samus
-Lucina
-Chrom
-Dark Pit
-Richter

Echoes Removed: 5
Total Removed: 35
GameFAQs is a lot of fun, even if we fight.
I STILL LOVE LANA. Join my discord, its SFW: https://discord.gg/AwbJzCa

CuterChihuahua2
10 months ago#2
Added Unique Characters
(In order of importance)

-Reworked Ganondorf (Should have been decloned into an original character back in brawl... Sakurai half assing him to this day is inexcusable)
-Ashley (Most glaring ommision in Ultimate by far. She should be in the game, no question. Sakurai intentionally excluding her from the game is a grave mistake that MUST be corrected)
-Lip (One of the most wanted retro reps since Smash was created and Sakurai keeps snubbing her. Could provide excellent music, assist trophies from her universe and has potential for a great and fun moveset revolving puzzle pieces and flowers)
-Takamaru (Also a very requested retro rep, admittedly doesn't have much of a universe but his game is great and could easily be revived. Can have a moveset involving swordplay, magic and projectiles similar to Robin)
-Mii (Yeah, just a mii. Can use moves inspired by the 3ds Streetpass plaza games and Miitopia unlike the halfassed Sakurai fanfictions)
-Waluigi (The fans have spoken. Waluigi is popular. Nuff said)
-Ganon (Another villain... This one is a no brainer that is missing for no reason)
-Captain Syrup (Wario Land's villian... nuff said)
-Spring Man (Pretty obvious shoo in)
-Isaac (well you know why. I am not an Isaac fan or anything but... yeah)
-Midna/Wolf Link (Midna is probably the most requested Zelda character by far... no point to keep snubbing her)
-Daruk
-Urbosa
-Revali
-Mipha (Yeah, all four of them. They all have moveset potential and Botw is the Nintendo game of the decade. They deserve it. Besides Daruk is DADDY as fricc!!!)
-Lana and Popplio (Some of the most popular pokemon characters. Popplio can work like a Squirtle replacement but with a more creative bubble based moveset)
-Adeleine (Probably the Kirby character with the most moveset potential out of them all. Also represents the Dark Matter games. Could be paired with Ribbon for extra moveset potential/representation like in Star Allies)
-Sukapon (Cute lookin guy and has incredible moveset potential, specially if you give him moves from the other robots in his game. Would be a so much better limbless character than Rayman. Could gain/summon parts from the other robots in some of his attacks or transform into them)
-Prince Sablé (Classic Nintendo character with transformation attacks... not much to say against him)
-Tap Girl (Rhythm Heaven rep is needed. I pick her because I want to. Karate Joe or Wrestler would be too lazy. Can attack with monkeys.)
-Donbe/Hikari (Can either play similar to ice climbers or swap like Zelda and Sheik. Don't know much about their game but will play it sooner or later to get moveset ideas. Count as two characters.)
-Advance Wars rep (Admittedly I don't know much about this series but should be represented somehow.)
-Lyn (Yeah, this is all the FE representation. Sorry buds, beggars can't be choosers)
-Saki Amamiya (Fairly obscure character, admittedly don't now much about his game(s), but Smash should be about representing all Nintendo franchises, specially the obscure ones, so he is in. He can work as a replacement for Mii Gunner)
-Ayumi Tachibana (She has been a meme for like 20 years. Why not?)
-Custom Robo Rep (See Advance Wars)
-Kumatora (Because she is awesome.)
-Savvy Stylist (From Style Savvy. Can attack by swinging bags, step on enemies with her high heels, use pepper spray or give opponents a bad haircut!)
-DK Jr. (Most deserving DK rep by far. First kong to be a playable hero. Can be a heavy and strong but agile character like Wario.)

Unique Characters Added: 30

Echoes Added:
-Sakura Samurai (based on Takamaru)
-Sherbet (Lip)
-Alph (Olimar)
-Black Shadow (Captain Falcon)
-Vince from Art Academy (Adeleine)

Echoes Added: 5
Total Added: 35

User Info: Angel_Arle

Angel_Arle
10 months ago#3
Delet this
Puyo Puyo Esports better come out in the US.

User Info: Female_Corrin

Female_Corrin
10 months ago#4
CuterChihuahua2 posted...
Removed Unique Newcomers:
-Marth
-Roy
-Snake
-Ike

Stopped reading there.

CuterChihuahua2
10 months ago#5
Honorable mentions:
- Ghirahim. I wanted to add him but after adding so many Zelda characters I couldn't justify him.
- Tank Troopers rep. I want one but not sure how it is feasible.
- Starfy. I am interested in him but not sure about it.
- Considered to return Falco as an Echo, but Art Academy representation is more important. Sorry.
- Furil as a Lip echo, but they are so similar it would be confusing. Sherbet is more distinct while still could potentially have the same moveset. Though she would have to use an icicle instead of a wand.
- Kinda wanted an unique Dark Samus or Sylux, but I guess Metroid can survive with Ridley.
- Mr. You from Sky Skipper

Notes:

- Third parties are evil. They are all gone. It's for the best.
- Zelda should be reverted to her TP design, not be a dumbass bimbo Sakurai fanfiction character.
- The reason I removed almost all FE content was not only to correct the bias against this minor franchise, but also to make more space for other sword/weapon users.
- One of my goals in this list was to cut down on the overrepresentation of single franchises and instead spread the characters around other franchises, including the niche and obscure ones. That's why I reduced Mario and Pokemon reps. Zelda is an expection mostly because of the champions, also because Sakurai has snubbed Zelda for too long.
- Yeah I know I am counting clones like Dr. Mario as unique characters. I am using Sakurai's own rules as to how he counts the characters. I also listed my added characters in order of importance so you can start cutting off from the bottom if you are not convinced that the quantity is justified.
- The added characters are not ordered in how much I want them, but how much I think they deserve it or how much they would add to the game. Otherwise Adeleine and Lana and Popplio would be much higher.

Why did I do this?:

- It's no secret that I am disappointed with the direction that smash has taken since Smash 4, third parties and certain franchises have become spammed to the brim while classic Nintendo franchises are left in the dust. Heck, even Zelda it self is being snubbed by Sakurai for heck's sakes! I made this list to properly and easily express the direction I wish Smash has taken. No third parties, classic and obscure Nintendo franchises being represented. So I made up this little thought experiment of what I would do in Sakurai's place. The results are, as expected, beautiful.
- I also made the list to counter some of the typical Sakurai apologism arguments:

-- "We have all important Nintendo characters! There is no one left to add!"
--- Wrong. From my point of view, there are at least 35 characters missing. With this list I hope to show how much unexploited potential Nintendo still has which has been intentionally ignored by Sakurai.

-- "We got over 70 fighters guys! We shouldn't complain!"
--- Yeah, and I cut about half of them away without even flinching. Sakurai has made a lot of trash choices across the years. There is no point to keep piling them up. We can spread those numbers more evenly across more franchises, make more people happy and represent more Nintendo franchises for more potential revivals.

-- "Everyone is here is the best idea ever!"
--- No, it isn't. It's a waste of resources to bring back characters that were already discarded for good reasons. By recyling characters, Smash is not growing, it's stagnating.

-- "Sakurai can't do no wrong!"
--- Yes he can. In this list I attempt to show some possible ways in which the Smash roster could be improved. Sure, you might think cutting 35 characters is too extreme, but if you disagree with that at least you could agree in some of my cut list with some of my add list.

Well, I hope you enjoyed having a glimpse into my mind. Smash could be a much better game with a much better roster, if Sakurai cared.

User Info: Birdbrain

Birdbrain
10 months ago#6
thought it'd be worse but it's not too bad

Third parties got screwed tho.
Mario: the man who can do anything. Wario: the man who would do anything
Luigi: the man who can but won't. Waluigi: the man who can't but will ~ l33t_iRk3n_Rm33
(message deleted)

User Info: Skullkid4smash

Skullkid4smash
10 months ago#8
Skullkid4smash posted...
Added Unique Characters
(In order of importance)

-Reworked Ganondorf (Should have been decloned into an original character back in brawl... Sakurai half assing him to this day is inexcusable)
-Ashley (Most glaring ommision in Ultimate by far. She should be in the game, no question. Sakurai intentionally excluding her from the game is a grave mistake that MUST be corrected)
-Lip (One of the most wanted retro reps since Smash was created and Sakurai keeps snubbing her. Could provide excellent music, assist trophies from her universe and has potential for a great and fun moveset revolving puzzle pieces and flowers)
-Takamaru (Also a very requested retro rep, admittedly doesn't have much of a universe but his game is great and could easily be revived. Can have a moveset involving swordplay, magic and projectiles similar to Robin)
-Mii (Yeah, just a mii. Can use moves inspired by the 3ds Streetpass plaza games and Miitopia unlike the halfassed Sakurai fanfictions)
-Ganon (Another villain... This one is a no brainer that is missing for no reason)
-Captain Syrup (Wario Land's villian... nuff said)
-Spring Man (Pretty obvious shoo in)
-Isaac (well you know why. I am not an Isaac fan or anything but... yeah)
-Midna/Wolf Link (Midna is probably the most requested Zelda character by far... no point to keep snubbing her)
-Daruk
-Urbosa
-Revali
-Mipha (Yeah, all four of them. They all have moveset potential and Botw is the Nintendo game of the decade. They deserve it. Besides Daruk is DADDY as fricc!!!)
-Lana and Popplio (Some of the most popular pokemon characters. Popplio can work like a Squirtle replacement but with a more creative bubble based moveset)
-Adeleine (Probably the Kirby character with the most moveset potential out of them all. Also represents the Dark Matter games. Could be paired with Ribbon for extra moveset potential/representation like in Star Allies)
-Sukapon (Cute lookin guy and has incredible moveset potential, specially if you give him moves from the other robots in his game. Would be a so much better limbless character than Rayman. Could gain/summon parts from the other robots in some of his attacks or transform into them)
-Prince Sablé (Classic Nintendo character with transformation attacks... not much to say against him)
-Tap Girl (Rhythm Heaven rep is needed. I pick her because I want to. Karate Joe or Wrestler would be too lazy. Can attack with monkeys.)
-Donbe/Hikari (Can either play similar to ice climbers or swap like Zelda and Sheik. Don't know much about their game but will play it sooner or later to get moveset ideas. Count as two characters.)
-Advance Wars rep (Admittedly I don't know much about this series but should be represented somehow.)
-Lyn (Yeah, this is all the FE representation. Sorry buds, beggars can't be choosers)
-Saki Amamiya (Fairly obscure character, admittedly don't now much about his game(s), but Smash should be about representing all Nintendo franchises, specially the obscure ones, so he is in. He can work as a replacement for Mii Gunner)
-Ayumi Tachibana (She has been a meme for like 20 years. Why not?)
-Custom Robo Rep (See Advance Wars)
-Kumatora (Because she is awesome.)
-Savvy Stylist (From Style Savvy. Can attack by swinging bags, step on enemies with her high heels, use pepper spray or give opponents a bad haircut!)
-DK Jr. (Most deserving DK rep by far. First kong to be a playable hero. Can be a heavy and strong but agile character like Wario.)

Unique Characters Added: 30

Echoes Added:
-Sakura Samurai (based on Takamaru)
-Sherbet (Lip)
-Alph (Olimar)
-Black Shadow (Captain Falcon)
-Vince from Art Academy (Adeleine)

Echoes Added: 5
Total Added: 35

No skull kid or several other highly requested characters.

Definitely not a dream roster
Skull Kid is neat.

User Info: Tinfoil

Tinfoil
10 months ago#9
You literally made Adolf Hitler get off his dick throne in the midst of the flames of hell, walk into the bathroom, and sob quietly in the corner of a shower. He held a bottle of cheap whiskey in his shaking hand, no longer secure in his position as world's least likable human being.
nice

CuterChihuahua2
10 months ago#10
Female_Corrin posted...

Stopped reading there.

You are missing out. If you want to have a close minded mind that is not interesting in other possibilities, that's on you.

Birdbrain posted...
thought it'd be worse but it's not too bad

thanks... I guess?

Birdbrain posted...

Third parties got screwed tho.

They deserve it.

Skullkid4smash posted...

No skull kid or several other highly requested characters.

Midna has been more requested than Skull Kid for longer and is not a bandwagon created by fake leaks.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. The Chihuahua Roster. I cut 35 fighters, replace them with other 35. PERFECTION
  • Topic Archived