• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Vergeben, what are the list of characters your sources have heard

User Info: 1337star

1337star
9 months ago#131
RaySquad posted...
But 1337star posted...
RaySquad posted...
1337star posted...
@Vergeben posted...
I'm going to turn it off at this rate. The only reason I still haven't is in the event someone actually tags me in something important.

Too bad that rarely happens.

I've already told people before, I can't share the Square Enix character names I've heard openly because it could implicate people's jobs. Square Enix has been telling employees different names to try and f*** with leakers, both online and within their company if they have them. The company has a very cruel policy for employees leaking things and will fire people on suspicion alone. They don't care.
It's why rarely anything leaks from Square Enix unless clear mistakes or early listing leaks.

The actual employees walk on eggshells when it comes to anything leaking and they will tell certain departments and people different things to spread misinformation simply to see if people start talking and put it online.
If and when things do leak, they'll pick 'fall guys' and fire them to make an example about how serious they are about their stance against leaks.

Nintendo is working alongside Square Enix on their side of things to do all they can to keep the actual character from leaking ahead of time.

All that I can say with certainty and confirm like I have before is that their definitely is a Square Enix character coming to the game either at launch or DLC. This is a character I feel is better and safer for everyone involved to be revealed naturally.

So you're saying there's a significant chance the info you have is completely wrong regarding the Square Enix character? I mean, if people have been given false information, how do you know your source isn't one of them? This sounds like a convenient setup for future backpedaling because you know the box theory is likely to be right and doesn't 100% align with your past predictions so you're trying to trim it down to two.

Do you know what backpedaling is? How is stating a Square Enix character is coming, not specifying who, going to become backpedaling? If he were to have said a specific name, THEN changed his mind or stated the rumors, then yes that’s backpedaling. But he has no way of backpedaling a Square Enix character unless there is no new square character

Yes, this is what I'm implying. If there is no Square character, he can fall back on this post to explain why his source was faulty.

But this makes no sense. Why would Square Enix even mention Smash if there’s no new character for base or DLC lol. He can’t backpedal off that. At the very least he could say something dumb but possible like “the deal didn’t work out,” but saying it’s because they made up untrue sources makes 0 sense.

It's simple. If there is no Square Enix character, he simply says that his source about Square Enix employees being fed faulty information was more right than he suspected, and the entire concept of there being a second Square character in Smash was a trap to catch leakers. He then gets to praise himself for having the tact not to reveal any overly incriminating information about his source.
Kid Icarus and Xenoblade
One Echo, One Unique

User Info: SenselessBreak

SenselessBreak
9 months ago#132
Zeldameister posted...
IYamiBakuraI posted...
I believe him when it comes to Square Enix being highly restrictive and recklessly senseless with preventing leaks. They had that tour thing going on, showing people a demo for KH3 that people could play, and when someone took out their phone and took a picture of one of the levels, they removed the demo for everyone then and there. They aren't even ok with taking pictures of publically allowed DEMOS. Imagine if Nintendo was like this, someone takes a picture of the Smash Ultimate Demo at E3, so Nintendo confiscates it and doesn't even allow demos of the game anymore. That would have been crazy. I am thankful that at least Nintendo is a little more relaxed.

Well, if you think about it, it's true because Cloud got never leaked until the official Trailer aired. Isn't it strange that besides all these Leaks, nothing about Cloud surfaced at all?

Someone on neogaf teased Cloud shortly before the reveal, after accurately leaking other information.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/smash-bros-dlc-thread-2-super-smash-bros-special-broadcast-coming-in-december-2015.1147061/page-76#post-188511506

So Cloud did leak, it just didn't get attention until after.
Elma for Smash!

User Info: DuranmanX4

DuranmanX4
9 months ago#133
SenselessBreak posted...
Zeldameister posted...
IYamiBakuraI posted...
I believe him when it comes to Square Enix being highly restrictive and recklessly senseless with preventing leaks. They had that tour thing going on, showing people a demo for KH3 that people could play, and when someone took out their phone and took a picture of one of the levels, they removed the demo for everyone then and there. They aren't even ok with taking pictures of publically allowed DEMOS. Imagine if Nintendo was like this, someone takes a picture of the Smash Ultimate Demo at E3, so Nintendo confiscates it and doesn't even allow demos of the game anymore. That would have been crazy. I am thankful that at least Nintendo is a little more relaxed.

Well, if you think about it, it's true because Cloud got never leaked until the official Trailer aired. Isn't it strange that besides all these Leaks, nothing about Cloud surfaced at all?

Someone on neogaf teased Cloud shortly before the reveal, after accurately leaking other information.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/smash-bros-dlc-thread-2-super-smash-bros-special-broadcast-coming-in-december-2015.1147061/page-76#post-188511506

So Cloud did leak, it just didn't get attention until after.

Siliconera also leaked FFVIIR before that was announced at E3, but that gets announced so much that people assumed it was fake
Retail PS4, VITA, Wii U, 3DS and Switch games (2013-2018):
https://i.imgur.com/vPM5YTU.jpg https://i.imgur.com/Lhh37vL.jpg https://i.imgur.com/QIzEm7d.jpg

User Info: Graizen

Graizen
9 months ago#134
Hello @Vergeben, alot of people seems to be leaking something for Agumon as a Namco Bandai rep.

Did you hear something about it? Or something about more Namco Bandai characters?

Thank you for your atention =)

User Info: benjiross1

benjiross1
9 months ago#135
Vergeben posted...
Jacien posted...
@Vergeben I'm surprised you still have the @ thing on for you. You can disable it in the privacy settings y'know.

I'm going to turn it off at this rate. The only reason I still haven't is in the event someone actually tags me in something important.

I've already told people before, I can't share the Square Enix character names I've heard openly because it could implicate people's jobs. Square Enix has been telling employees different names to try and f*** with leakers, both online and within their company if they have them. The company has a very cruel policy for employees leaking things and will fire people on suspicion alone. They don't care.
It's why rarely anything leaks from Square Enix unless clear mistakes or early listing leaks.

The actual employees walk on eggshells when it comes to anything leaking and they will tell certain departments and people different things to spread misinformation simply to see if people start talking and put it online.
If and when things do leak, they'll pick 'fall guys' and fire them to make an example about how serious they are about their stance against leaks.

Nintendo is working alongside Square Enix on their side of things to do all they can to keep the actual character from leaking ahead of time.

All that I can say with certainty and confirm like I have before is that their definitely is a Square Enix character coming to the game either at launch or DLC. This is a character I feel is better and safer for everyone involved to be revealed naturally.

Neither trying to pressure you to say the characters nor say you're lying, but how would SE know? There are tons fake leakers out there saying that x character is getting in the game. Heck, even NGameTheCube is predicting Geno. Is their strictness based on the popularity of the leaker or are they that paranoid to fire if they see almost anyone say anything?

User Info: Vergeben

Vergeben
9 months ago#136
benjiross1 posted...
Vergeben posted...
Jacien posted...
@Vergeben I'm surprised you still have the @ thing on for you. You can disable it in the privacy settings y'know.

Neither trying to pressure you to say the characters nor say you're lying, but how would SE know? There are tons fake leakers out there saying that x character is getting in the game. Heck, even NGameTheCube is predicting Geno. Is their strictness based on the popularity of the leaker or are they that paranoid to fire if they see almost anyone say anything?

Geno is someone practically everyone is predicting and expecting. Meaning that they internally probably do not take that one as seriously as names they themselves have been putting out to employees.
That's not to say that he isn't a name on their list of characters they have been telling people it is though.

User Info: Rahldi

Rahldi
9 months ago#137
Vergeben posted...
benjiross1 posted...
Vergeben posted...
Jacien posted...

Geno is someone practically everyone is predicting and expecting. Meaning that they internally probably do not take that one as seriously as names they themselves have been putting out to employees.
That's not to say that he isn't a name on their list of characters they have been telling people it is though.

And here I am just hoping for Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo or Bust

User Info: ChronoKatie

ChronoKatie
9 months ago#138
Vergeben posted...
benjiross1 posted...
Vergeben posted...
Jacien posted...

Makes sense. If they fired anyone who (fake or not) leaked out "Geno" they'd lose half the staff.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu

User Info: redred17

redred17
9 months ago#139
I'm confused both why people keep making this topic and why the dood has to be so dramatic about how annoying it is. People will realize this doesn't of anything for anyone some day, right? Just use the search function and see the hundreds of the same exact topic with the same exact responses. As for Veggieben, why go out of your way for attention then get annoyed by it? If I get messages or @ that I don't care about, I do this magic thing called disregard them. Both sides in the particular case confuse me.

User Info: DamnBram78

DamnBram78
9 months ago#140
Vergeben posted...
benjiross1 posted...
Vergeben posted...
Jacien posted...

It's Square Enix, there honestly gonna be strict even if the character was literally a cardboard box. Even if Geno is low priority I'm honestly sure they'd try to hide the fact he was in anyway in a very strict manner
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Vergeben, what are the list of characters your sources have heard
  • Topic Archived