• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Smash Ultimate Special Edition box might have revealed only 2 characters left

User Info: Markmallow

Markmallow
10 months ago#1
If you look at the pictures of characters on the side of the box there’s only enough slots for 36 characters. I’m assuming it’s the same for the other side, which gives a total of 72 characters that they can fit on both sides of the box. They included Mii Fighters as one picture and I assume they did the same for Pokémon Trainer on the other side. Isabelle hasn’t been added to the box yet so you have to remove one of those 2 empty slots. There’s a total of 70 characters that have been revealed if you put Pokémon Trainer and Mii Fighters as one each. So that should leave 1 more character for each side of the box.

Anyway, what do you guys think about this?

https://nintendoeverything.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate-special-edition-packaging/
3DS FC: 1564-4151-3911

User Info: MajinTenshinhan

MajinTenshinhan
10 months ago#2
But it has Echo Fighters on the box which would already put the total higher than 72.
Official Zelda of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Board

User Info: Sheershaw2

Sheershaw2
10 months ago#3
...this is actually plausible.
i7 6700k | RX 580 4GB | 16 GB DDR4 3200 | 1080p 144hz Freesync
"Lord, grant me chastity and continence, but not yet" -St. Augustine of Hippo
(message deleted)

User Info: Mewtwo_soul

Mewtwo_soul
10 months ago#5
It's missing a few on the side. More than likely the other side might have more characters .I don't think it's really an indicator of anything.
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username. If I say Ok. I'm not reading your posts.

User Info: NamelessShame

NamelessShame
10 months ago#6
Pokemon Trainer
Mii Fighters
Where did dinosaurs come from?
Where did they go? Will we ever have answers to these mysteries? Hopefully we'll find out... today.

User Info: yeetspacito

yeetspacito
10 months ago#7
Placeholder
Isaac is garbage

User Info: Markmallow

Markmallow
10 months ago#8
MajinTenshinhan posted...
But it has Echo Fighters on the box which would already put the total higher than 72.

Nope. Go on the Smash Bros website and count all characters including echoes. Also, when counting make sure you count Pokémon Trainer and Mii Fighters as only one spot, because that’s how it’s listed on the box.
3DS FC: 1564-4151-3911

User Info: Hejiru

Hejiru
10 months ago#9
MajinTenshinhan posted...

No, because it counts Pokemon Trainer and Miis as one.

If you go by the website's numbering system, where Isabelle is 68, you need to:
subtract two for Mii fighters (66)
subtract two for Pokemon Trainer (64)
add six for Dark Pit, Lucina, Daisy, Richter, Chrom, Dark Samus (70)

That makes 72 total, meaning if this box is designed to show the entire roster, that's literally only two more characters. Either two unique, two echoes, or a unique and an echo.

Remember that Sakurai did say not to expect too many new fighters. We already have five. One more (plus an echo) is not that hard to believe.
It also fits in with Vergeben: Ken and a 7th Gen Pokemon.
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy

User Info: Gamemaster64

Gamemaster64
10 months ago#10
bleh, not like it matter to update the image if it not selling anymore.
Ball! Ball! Poke Ball!
Ball! Ball! Ultra Ball!
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Smash Ultimate Special Edition box might have revealed only 2 characters left
  • Topic Archived