• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. @Vergeben; what's with the lack of information?

User Info: Lm03

Lm03
1 year ago#21
7NATOR posted...
Ranowa posted...
WickedSickJosh posted...
Wait? The game is done? Why the hell are we waiting until DECEMBER for its release???

The game is done for ESRB ratings, not DONE done. They've got bugs and glitches to get rid of, character balancing to work on, in general polishing up to take care of... it's really for the best that we wait.

and along with that, you got to make copies of the games to ship and all of that after the game goes gold

don't forget the localization for english and many other languages.

User Info: DraculaDuchovny

DraculaDuchovny
1 year ago#22
Ragiroth posted...
Vergeben generally kind of comes by here and there to leak something, he doesn't do it constantly at least not always.

I mean he's gotten a lot right, yeah maybe he didn't know about Richter, Chrom, or Dark Samus and yeah maybe the one source told him no new DK characters (I thought he himself was doubting that one though), but he still got a lot right. And I know other games he has been iffy with. I don't care what anyone says though, everyone was crying "Konami" when it came to Snake and Simon, and that Simon was no relevant and Bomberman and yadda yadda yadda. Snake but more so Simon were not that safe of guesses. And everyone thought Ridley had no chance up until he and a couple other leakers were maybe saying he was in. Ice Climbers is the only one where I'm like "Yeah that was obvious no question".

Uh... Except he specifically said "I knew about Chrom and Richter, I just forgot to put them on the list."

He's BS. And anyone who believes his crap is an idiot.
Once every game...
He rises again.

User Info: Dinah713

Dinah713
1 year ago#23
This is such a selfish thread. He doesnt HAVE to give you information. Dumbo
I support KOS-MOS for Smash Ultimate!

User Info: AntonioS30

AntonioS30
1 year ago#24
Hmm, @Vergeben is indeed a mysterious person but I won't let that get to me lol

I'll debunk his leaks. Just you wait!
Switch FC: SW-4494-7438-0796

User Info: FeelinFine09

FeelinFine09
1 year ago#25
Rosal1naIsBeast posted...
Ragiroth posted...
Vergeben generally kind of comes by here and there to leak something, he doesn't do it constantly at least not always.

I mean he's gotten a lot right, yeah maybe he didn't know about Richter, Chrom, or Dark Samus and yeah maybe the one source told him no new DK characters (I thought he himself was doubting that one though), but he still got a lot right. And I know other games he has been iffy with. I don't care what anyone says though, everyone was crying "Konami" when it came to Snake and Simon, and that Simon was no relevant and Bomberman and yadda yadda yadda. Snake but more so Simon were not that safe of guesses. And everyone thought Ridley had no chance up until he and a couple other leakers were maybe saying he was in. Ice Climbers is the only one where I'm like "Yeah that was obvious no question".

Things he knew:

- No Smash 4 Cuts (which was half true)
- Return of Snake and Ice Climbers
- Ridley
- Simon

Things he didn’t know

- King K. Rool
- Dark Samus
- Everyone Is here
- Chrom
- Richtor
- Daisy

He got less wrong than he got right, but he’s still considered credible?

He also said Ken was going to be an echo and Isabelle is going to be playable and something about the pokemon rep i forget
It's time to break the rules- Let's help promote Ashley into a playable character! Support Ashley for DLC!

User Info: Vergeben

Vergeben
1 year ago#26
FeelinFine09 posted...
Rosal1naIsBeast posted...
Ragiroth posted...

Things he knew:

- No Smash 4 Cuts (which was half true)
- Return of Snake and Ice Climbers
- Ridley
- Simon

Things he didn’t know

- King K. Rool
- Dark Samus
- Everyone Is here
- Chrom
- Richtor
- Daisy

He got less wrong than he got right, but he’s still considered credible?

He also said Ken was going to be an echo and Isabelle is going to be playable and something about the pokemon rep i forget

Stuff still not revealed include Ken, Isabelle, a Gen 7 Pokemon that is not Decidueye or Lycanroc and really does seem to be Incineroar even though not all of my main Smash sources have heard who it specifically is, and that Square Enix is getting a new character.

DraculaDuchovny posted...
Ragiroth posted...

Uh... Except he specifically said "I knew about Chrom and Richter, I just forgot to put them on the list."

He's BS. And anyone who believes his crap is an idiot.

I never said that.

After the Smash Direct I shared that I heard about lines recorded referencing Richter but that was the extent of it and since I didn't have anyone specifically say hey Richter's definitely playable. I had no reason to share that since it was kind of a weird thing to hear in the first place without context.
It made a lot of sense when the Smash Direct happened though. I was never told if the lines were by the announcer, dialogue, or what.
Only "some lines about Richter were recorded" and when pressed, I got no further context as to who said them because they wanted to protect whoever it was involved. Why should I share something I couldn't get a straight answer on?
I understand why they wouldn't. But it would've been weird to randomly share "some lines were recorded referencing Richter."
Especially when I couldn't get the context.

User Info: TwilightBloom

TwilightBloom
1 year ago#27
Vergeben posted...
a Gen 7 Pokemon that is not Decidueye or Lycanroc and really does seem to be Incineroar even though not all of my main Smash sources have heard who it specifically is.

How many sources are saying it's Incineroar and how do you rate their reliability compared to your main sources?

User Info: LegendofLegaia

LegendofLegaia
1 year ago#28
Vergeben posted...
After the Smash Direct I shared that I heard about lines recorded referencing Richter but that was the extent of it and since I didn't have anyone specifically say hey Richter's definitely playable. I had no reason to share that since it was kind of a weird thing to hear in the first place without context.
It made a lot of sense when the Smash Direct happened though. I was never told if the lines were by the announcer, dialogue, or what.
Only "some lines about Richter were recorded" and when pressed, I got no further context as to who said them because they wanted to protect whoever it was involved. Why should I share something I couldn't get a straight answer on?
I understand why they wouldn't. But it would've been weird to randomly share "some lines were recorded referencing Richter."

You could have said something along the lines of "Richter will have lines in Smash Ultimate; I cannot yet confirm if that means he'll be playable or an Assist Trophy."

If anything, leaking potentially non-playable characters would give you a lot more credibility because ATs and Pokeball Pokemon are a lot more difficult to guess than s*** like "a 7th Gen Pokemon will be playable", which follows the basic Smash pattern since Melee.
"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it." - Kreia
3DS FC: 2277-7454-8997

User Info: JD3M

JD3M
1 year ago#29
LegendofLegaia posted...
Vergeben posted...

You could have said something along the lines of "Richter will have lines in Smash Ultimate; I cannot yet confirm if that means he'll be playable or an Assist Trophy."

If anything, leaking potentially non-playable characters would give you a lot more credibility because ATs and Pokeball Pokemon are a lot more difficult to guess than s*** like "a 7th Gen Pokemon will be playable", which follows the basic Smash pattern since Melee.

To be fair, he did leak Minecraft content. I hope it's from his more reliable sources.

User Info: Don_Dondon

Don_Dondon
1 year ago#30
Tbh I think his initial leak was legit, and then after, because people are constantly asking him for more info, he’s been making up stuff since.

iirc, the Minecraft representation thing was his first leak after the initial one, and then there was quite a gap before he leaked any more.
I don’t think many of us want Minecraft stuff in the game, and I’d say a lot of us even actively don’t want Minecraft stuff, so maybe that leak was basically him saying, ‘leave me alone, I’m just giving you bad news now’ in the hope people would stop bugging him. I don’t remember exactly how he phrased it, but iirc, the way how he leaked that was a bit like, ‘sorry guys but I actually think there might be Minecraft stuff in the game, like a stage or an AT or something.’ He seemed almost apologetic iirc, which is what I’m basing this part of my theory on.

I think what happened then is that after a while he realised he enjoyed the attention, and started ‘leaking’ more stuff to garner more attention. If you look at some of his leaks he’s been a bit vague about some, like ‘a new SE rep,’ or ‘a new Gen 7 Pokémon but I’m not sure which.’ Now he did come back to that second one later saying that he thought it was Incineroar, but honestly I think that he doesn’t actually know about these but strongly suspects them, and he’s saying this so he can backpedal a bit easier later if he turns out to be wrong. He does seem pretty sure about Isabelle and Ken though so maybe those leaks are legit.

About that, maybe he’s mixing the few remaining pieces of info he actually has,
like Isabelle and Ken, with stuff he doesn’t actually know, like a new SE rep and a new Gen 7 Pokémon in an attempt to sound credible, so if, say, Ken is revealed in the next Direct but none of the other things, people will even believe him more about the other things. Just because Verge has had correct info in the past doesn’t mean all his new info is legit.
Official Gooey of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Board
Currently playing Hollow Knight, Octopath Traveler, Sonic Mania and Final Fantasy VII
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. @Vergeben; what's with the lack of information?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A