• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Gardevoir is in Smash Ultimate. (Leak)

User Info: TheSuperMan

TheSuperMan
1 year ago#1
Title was supposed to be a question but I derped, oops :P

So here is a leak someone on Smashboards reposted. The leaker also mentioned Richter Belmont and Dark Samus.

"Hi! I was working at CEO this year and I managed to get a copy the demo build used for the tournaments. There were a few interesting things in the code for the character select:
>The Simon Belmont leaker had the Castlevania IP right, but not the character. "Rihita", Richter Belmont's Japanese name, was among those listed.
>"Sirnight", Gardevoir's Japanese name, was among them. Interestingly, Lucina, Dark Pit, and Daisy are all listed with their echo counterparts - "Gothiruselle" (Gothitelle) was underneath her. I presume, then, that Gothitelle is going to be an echo of Gardevoir.
>"Mario2" was listed as a seperate character. I have no idea what this means, but if I had to guess, either Paper Mario or Mario 64 Mario.
>"Kruru" (King K Rool) and "DakuS" (Dark Samus? It was underneath regular Samus) were both listed, unsurprisingly.
Obviously it's a demo build, so there may be more characters who haven't been added to the select screen code yet."

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/422689663/

User Info: Sent01

Sent01
1 year ago#2
These leak implies that Simon Belmont isn't in the game, and Richter is instead. Even if they didn't know anything about Simon, they should still know if Richter was an echo. This is definitely fake.

User Info: Squidiot

Squidiot
1 year ago#3
Source: The voices told me

User Info: TheSuperMan

TheSuperMan
1 year ago#4
Didn't even realise someone had already made a thread about this. Oh well

User Info: WeaverSerawl

WeaverSerawl
1 year ago#5
From the 4chan post

So, you set up Nintendo Switches. While doing that you managed to get that build onto a PC, managed to unpack and decompile the gamefiles to data mine on whatever random computer they had there and while doing all of that, you want us to believe that somehow you did not manage to get a single screenshot of any of that out of there, let alone the f***ing build itself?
So what was your plan with this thread? Make yourself look like an incompetent [redacted]? Make up a false story that made you look like an incompetent [redacted]?

Also I highly doubt K.Rool would be listed as "Kururu"

It is interesting that they got Richter right, but why would Richter be there without Simon?
Bertha Hippo for Super Smash Bros. on Switch!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCZQHxDZmCk&t=3s

User Info: MrAntike184

MrAntike184
1 year ago#6
Gardevoir would be better than Tapu Koko or Incineroar
Official King K. Rool of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board

User Info: DK9292

DK9292
1 year ago#7
WeaverSerawl posted...

Actually, that is exactly what his name is.

https://www.mariowiki.com/King_K._Rool#Names_in_other_languages
A hero's role is one that cannot be forsaken,
Caring for those with hearts that are breaking.

User Info: Second_Chances

Second_Chances
1 year ago#8
WeaverSerawl posted...

キングクルール

however yeah the story reeks of BS, Nintendo reps probably brought already set-up systems and probably didn't let them out of their sights for a second

User Info: King_Nintendo85

King_Nintendo85
1 year ago#9
Sent01 posted...
These leak implies that Simon Belmont isn't in the game, and Richter is instead. Even if they didn't know anything about Simon, they should still know if Richter was an echo. This is definitely fake.

No it doesn't. Just that he wasn't in the datamined Data.
https://i.imgflip.com/qasjl.jpg

User Info: Arne83

Arne83
1 year ago#10
King_Nintendo85 posted...
Sent01 posted...

No it doesn't. Just that he wasn't in the datamined Data.

Considering Richter is an echo... why would he be there but not Simon? Also... why would he not be listed with the other echos?
You know what Guns N' Roses has to do with MegaMan? Nothing. Has nothing to do with MegaMan. His name is Duff McWhalen!
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Gardevoir is in Smash Ultimate. (Leak)
  • Topic Archived