• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Is Etika even a real gamer or Nintendo/Smash Bros fan?

User Info: GallantChaddymn

GallantChaddymn
5 months ago#241
Ridley is the most requested character in Smash history.
How many people do you actually think play Metroid amongst those who wanted him?
You can want/be happy a character got in without having a personal bias to the series guys...
Especially when you are involved with the hype/speculation cycle of the game.
FC: 1977 - 0616 - 0040
Gallant was here

User Info: Jacien

Jacien
5 months ago#242
Suicidal_Donuts posted...
CloudStrife630 posted...

He’s fake as f***. He didn’t even know the Cloud Strife announcement until the name popped up. He didn’t recognize FFVII’s beginning introduction or the music

I remember watching reaction montages to Cloud's reveal trailer and this was the case A LOT of the time and it upset me so much. The second I heard those chimes and saw the stars my jaw dropped. Too bad we couldn't get Bombing Mission in the game.

One of the very few legit ones that knew from the beginning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK5gdf5cMPM
"Just because it appeals to children doesn't exclude me from enjoying it."

User Info: DKkrew

DKkrew
5 months ago#243
He seems to be a fan and not a gamer.

User Info: Mike_24_7

Mike_24_7
5 months ago#244
Gorz_117 posted...
The "fake gamer" argument is lulz. Like, what does that even mean?

pretending = fake

Markiplier went super overboard with it at one point and it made me unsub to him. Whatever pays the bills I guess.

that guy showed what it's like to get greedy for clicks and take the Pewdiepie road and still does it.
Lazy devs & Lazy shills don't like me

User Info: A_Field_Lover

A_Field_Lover
5 months ago#245
@Gorz_117 What's up with Mark? I haven't watched his vids in a while but he felt more genuine than Etika since he actually plays the games rather than building false hype and dropping it.
Some nerd girl who's close with a princess on here

User Info: Gorz_117

Gorz_117
5 months ago#246
A_Field_Lover posted...
@Gorz_117 What's up with Mark? I haven't watched his vids in a while but he felt more genuine than Etika since he actually plays the games rather than building false hype and dropping it.

Old Mark felt very real too, I especially liked his FFNAF 1 videos.

However, his newer stuff seems very exaggerated. Now exactly sure when he dialed it up but, I noticed this around his DDLC and Getting Over it stream.s

User Info: Alpha218

Alpha218
5 months ago#247
It's been a week, why do people still care about this
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite user on the Citadel.
Now Playing: Rainbow 6: Siege, Octopath Traveler, Enter the Gungeon, WarioWare Gold

User Info: luminion187

luminion187
5 months ago#248
Jacien posted...
One of the very few legit ones that knew from the beginning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK5gdf5cMPM

Man.....I remembered the internet was set on fire when this came out. SSBU needs to include a big character like this to trigger a similar reaction (i.e.: Master Chief, Goku, etc.). Simon Belmont and King K Rool won't cut it.
http://i.imgur.com/9odcRZ5.gifv

User Info: Mitsukiba

Mitsukiba
5 months ago#249
That Max guy started naming the stage and everything. That guy was true to form.

Mike_24_7 posted...
Gorz_117 posted...
The "fake gamer" argument is lulz. Like, what does that even mean?

pretending = fake

Markiplier went super overboard with it at one point and it made me unsub to him. Whatever pays the bills I guess.

that guy showed what it's like to get greedy for clicks and take the Pewdiepie road and still does it.

Exactly why can’t people understand why others are upset or what people mean by fake?

DKkrew posted...
He seems to be a fan and not a gamer.

This is A-Okay to be a game fan, but it’s not okay to strum up Bussiness on false hype. Sharing fake joy for money is pretty trash. If he wasn’t getting paid this would be a lot less talked about.

I akin to when that Twitch Thot lied for 2 years about being single to get money from people and while not as extreme, Etika has a pretty poor gimmick.
Nothing left here for me.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Is Etika even a real gamer or Nintendo/Smash Bros fan?
  • Topic Archived