• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Is Etika even a real gamer or Nintendo/Smash Bros fan?

User Info: Krisipoke

Krisipoke
5 months ago#11
jayman7 posted...
HellsingOrg posted...
[Etika] assumed that [K. Rool's] moves like throwing the crown were references from the game!

Well, to be frank, he was right. Unless I missed what you meant? (Not that I watched the video in question.)

He meant that Etika was just assuming those moves were references, but didn't know. So he didn't know K. Rool used to throw his crown in DKC1 or used to use a cannon and suck things up with it in DKC2.
3DS FC: 2578-3186-7456. Friend Safari: Butterfree, Illumise, Pinsir.
http://www.backloggery.com/krisi

User Info: Lizuka8002

Lizuka8002
5 months ago#12
You know you don't have to have played every single game ever on a Nintendo console to be a fan, right?

And no, I'm not remotely an Etika fan.

User Info: HellsingOrg

HellsingOrg
5 months ago#13
CloudStrife630 posted...
He’s fake as f***. He didn’t even know the Cloud Strife announcement until the name popped up. He didn’t recognize FFVII’s beginning introduction or the music

Yeah lol

NextGen_TB posted...
Isn't that the guy that literally broke his shelf from spasming too hard during Ridley's announcment but didn't actually play any Metroid games?

Yeah that is him. Reminds me of another guy who freaked out about Dark Samus reveal now and said it was the 3rd Metroid Prime game but yet never played it or any Metroid game.

jayman7 posted...
HellsingOrg posted...
[Etika] assumed that [K. Rool's] moves like throwing the crown were references from the game!

Well, to be frank, he was right. Unless I missed what you meant? (Not that I watched the video in question.)

No he was right but just the fact that he was all hype and yelling yeah K Rool awesome wow! And then going "Oh I don't know any of these moves I've never played the games I guess these must be from the games then." was kinda cringeworthy.
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

User Info: Pikachu156

Pikachu156
5 months ago#14
First off, I’m not supporting this guy whatsoever, but why do people get offended if for example he didn’t play Castlevinna or any of the DK games? I didn’t play any DK games, but I still enjoy other fans getting the character along with wanting to know about the character.

User Info: Swiftie_Muggle

Swiftie_Muggle
5 months ago#15
Pikachu156 posted...
First off, I’m not supporting this guy whatsoever, but why do people get offended if for example he didn’t play Castlevinna or any of the DK games? I didn’t play any DK games, but I still enjoy other fans getting the character along with wanting to know about the character.

the problem is that he acts like he truly wanted these people when he actually never played the games or was a fan of the series to begin with.

It sounds dishonest imo, but hey he can do what he wants.
Know Your Place
Salute to me, I'm your American Queen. The Official Rosalina of the Smash Ultimate Board.
(message deleted)

User Info: HellsingOrg

HellsingOrg
5 months ago#17
Lizuka8002 posted...
You know you don't have to have played every single game ever on a Nintendo console to be a fan, right?

And no, I'm not remotely an Etika fan.

That is fine though I love Nintendo fans they are awesome BUT I have a problem with lying ones.
The ones that freak out about Geno or Ness and yet never played Earthbound or Super Mario RPG and just fake freakout or pretend to love those characters because of internet popularity or lie about playing those games.

"Oh I'm a huge Nintendo fan I played all their games, Zelda games are so awesome he is such a cool guy with the sword, and Metroid is a great alien shooter etc...
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.

User Info: Nergigante

Nergigante
5 months ago#18
Pikachu156 posted...

Simply put I hate bandwagoners. People just start supporting the characters because a lot of others do or just say that they support them while knowing nothing about them or their games. Pretentious a******s rile me up and I can't help it.
Bite me!

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
5 months ago#19
He's a casual at best. The kind that plays games for a few hours or sessions, then never touches them again. He also tends to be more busy with reading/responding to chat and other things than actually playing games during his streams.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.

User Info: LuisVirgil

LuisVirgil
5 months ago#20
CloudStrife630 posted...
He’s fake as f***. He didn’t even know the Cloud Strife announcement until the name popped up. He didn’t recognize FFVII’s beginning introduction or the music

Yeah and still he said FFVII is his favorite game. Such a liar.
A definition by words is merely a means to deceive oneself. It's meaningless before the truth.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  3. Is Etika even a real gamer or Nintendo/Smash Bros fan?
  • Topic Archived